Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman 3400 wish list
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman 3400 wish list
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrianT
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Navman 3400 wish list Reply with quote

To Mark Bennet's and Janus's suggestions ("...navigate to a set of gps co-ordinates") I would like to add:

When tapping and holding on the screen, along with the 'Set as departure', 'Navigate to' and 'Add to favorites' could we please have the co-ordinates shown, however rough they might have to be?

BrianT
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Navman 3400 wish list Reply with quote

How about being able to use the file created by the "Route Recording" button? (Routing tab within Setup)? Maybe superimpose that information on a map so that I can see where I've been, eg, driving, jogging, rambling.
geofflowe
Regular Visitor

Whist driving on the motorway, a readout of how far the next services are and what is at them like rest area, petrol, dining etc.

Just got rid of my Alpine DVD INA-NA033R which had this very useful feature. (why? you may ask - well, I wanted portability unfortunately)
DSeymour
Occasional Visitor

I hate to feed despondency into the forum, but haven't we been here before? Many of us took the time to constructively criticise when SmartST was released. There were many personal reviews and reams of wish lists and suggestions. Where did that get us? We have a European upgrade which has not only been issued without improved functionality but with the routing and blue background bugs still in. Navman never acknowledges the efforts of their loyal customer base or issues any kind of plan to reassure users that their comments are being listened to. You may have guessed that I am rapidly losing patience at being kept in the dark!

Regards,

David

fingers
Occasional Visitor

"I AGREE".... I always agree.... I never disagree.... I will always agree.... so why can't this 'start-up' nag screen be disabled ?

As well as "Avoid Toll Roads" I would like an "Avoid Motorways" option.

Entering postcodes to find an address would be a nice option.

ianc
Occasional Visitor

Strange, but the slow initial aquisition time doesn't seem to bother me. By the time I've started the car and gotten to a major road I usually have a good enough fix. I would be more interested in being able to use different software with the current sleeve.

I personally want some decent routing software, which SmartST Pro definately isn't. The reviews of the Emtac Bluetooth seem to point to an excellent piece of hardware, but what software would I use on the IPAQ?

Dave
Frequent Visitor

It has been on the cards since the initial release, but it doesn't seem to be considered as a major priority. I think Navman would be interested in selling more of their sleeves before they open up SmartST Pro to all GPS Receivers. Giving support for all GPS Receivers is very easily done by giving COM1 to COM8 support via a COMBO box.

It's a shame, because I'd like to see how SmartST Pro does against the Leadtek 9531 and Emtac BlueTooth.

Currently the Navman sleeves are slower in acquisition fix times compared to other GPS Receivers, people are only buying the sleeves in bundles, eg 3000, 3400, 3420, if Navman were to open up SmartST Pro for all GPS Receivers, then sales for their sleeves would dramatically slump which woulc create a loss of revenue. People will still buy the sleeves as the design and concept is a good one, but I think SmartST Pro will be locked to the Navman receiver for quite some time (unfortunately).
RichDem
Frequent Visitor

I spoke with Navman here in the Uk recently about a problem I was having and asked the same question about using Smart ST with a different receiver. They told me they were looking into it. Lets all hope it is sooner rather than later.

Richard
northernsky
Occasional Visitor

Wish List for the Navman 3400/3420 with Smart ST Pro:

1. Track Up feature in the Map Mode, not just Navigation Mode. TravRoute and Destinator have this terrific feature already. I won't purchase any GPS Nav system without this feature.

2. Integration with Outlook Addresses for destinations

3. An improved GPS Sleeve--something similar to Travroute's new sleeve.

- external antenna capability

- power connector that doesn't require the adapter

- improved TTFF (currently the worst on the market)

- addresses and phone numbers for POIs

4. Automatic Day/Night screen

5. More than 30 Favorites/Waypoints! My Garmin eMap has 500.

6. The ability to use Smart ST Pro with a better GPS system, i.e. Emtac BT or Destinator's mouse-type GPS

It's a shame that a great piece of SW like Smart ST Pro has to be "married" to a lousy GPS sleeve (for iPaqs). Probably why TravRoute dropped it and developed an improved model.

Anyone concur with these suggestions?
geofflowe
Regular Visitor

How about someone coming out with a shroud for the Navman / Ipaq - I get bad reflections during the day and a shroud that clips over the unit would be useful - any 3rd party people out there who do one??
Tom Symonds
Occasional Visitor

Sort the voice commands out.

Driving down the Euston Road in London the other day the route (red line on the map) showed a right turn off onto a new road.   But nothing from the voice commands.   I thought this was just happening because technically I was staying on the same road but in no way was this the case on this occasion.

And why does the list of directions get messed up with earlier directions cropping up later in the journey. Needs to be looked at
kovalov
Occasional Visitor

3240:

1 Please, improve navigation algorithm!

2. Remove "Flag Clicking fiature" (One should click American flag to start address search)

3. Automatic day/night swich for screen color mode.

4. Voice navigation:

Add misic tone before vioce command (as an option).

Currently command: "Continue 4.5 miles"

Should be (IMHO): "Continue 4.5 miles and then turn right"

Would be nice to have voice message "Keep right"/"Keep left" long before exits/turns on highways.

Currently: "Destination"

Should be (IMHO): "Destination at your right/left"

Should be voice message: "Off route. Recalculating" (or something like this)

5. Add power plug to GPS antena unit.

6. Add an external antenna.
stburch
Occasional Visitor

3420 wish lists

1. While the POI is very inclusive when you click on the info button it only gives you the road that it is located on and not the street address

2. The biggest wish is the street DataBase. 75-90 % of the street numbers Dob't show up. I end up going to the area , locating the address and saving the address as a favorite.

3. Add a external antenna plug and a Ipaq pass thru power plug.

Even with a sucky database the 3420 is still a excellent gps system

Sterling
Leenig
Regular Visitor

When in navigation mode to be able to lock the display at 160ft or 320ft etc rather than the software set the display viewing mode

Lee
magyosha
Occasional Visitor

editable/addable points of intrest would be nice ..

i notice someone has create spee camera's for tomtom.. i'd love this on samrtST..

also a way to set avoids for times of day maybee,. certian roads are always chocker block during rush hours and empty at other times

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: