Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - My Guide 4200 speed camer warning not working
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

My Guide 4200 speed camer warning not working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
reklawpete
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: My Guide 4200 speed camer warning not working Reply with quote

I have a MyGuide 4200 (now gone bust!) and their speed camera warnings worked ok apart from when going through average speed road works when it said I was doing 135mph and would not stop screaming at me even when the speed limit had finished.

So I have subscribed to Pocket GPS World and downloaded the zip file. I have removed speedcam.spdb, speedcamupdate.spud and speedcamupdate2008.spud.

I have installed pocketgps_uk_pmobile.txt and pocketgps_uk_sc.txt but trying the satnav past a local spped camera (40mph) nothing shows on the screen and there is no sound warning. Normal spoken directions work fine.

Should I have removed the 2 .spud files? Is there anything else I should have done?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you reset the device?

usually with igo you need to fully restart the software and while it loads back up it will process the txt files and generate the new spud files etc.

MaFt
reklawpete
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: My Guide 4200 speed camer warning not working Reply with quote

Ah, didn't do that!Rolling Eyes I have now reset and although I haven't got a signal here in the house I can see a nearby camera so hopefully when I go out it will work.

Thanks.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it should have taken a little while longer to restart but then if you've not restarted it frequently you may not have anything to compare it to! i can't remember the exact wording but iGO usually said something like 'processing pois' as it was loading but it depends how 'branded' the myguide devices are!

MaFt
reklawpete
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: My Guide 4200 speed camer warning not working Reply with quote

It worked fine when I was out today. I assume by 'restart' you meant the on\off switch on the reverse which you can move with the stylus.

What purpose did the MyGuide files serve: speedcamupdates.spud, speedcamupdates2008.spud and speedcam.spdb that they can now be replaced by just the pocketgps_uk_sc.txt and pocketgps_uk_pbmobile.txt?

I now need to check the 'warn when speeding' as Mavis (as we have christened her) often warns me I am over when I am not. I think that I may have set the tolerance as -10% instead of +10% but a further check tomorrow should confirm.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The slide switch probably turns the whole unit right off and is not necessary. You may find a small hole in the case, probably in the bottom, that the stylys point wil just fit. Pressing the latter is similar to a restart on a PC but does not restore the device to its 'factory' settings.
The speedcam.spdb file is the main speedcam database generated from the pgpsw *.txt file and the *.spud file is the 'user' update file used for storing the speedcams that you put in (or delete)
To load the new speedcams you have to copy the new pgpsw .txt file into the speedcams folder and restart the IGO software. It is a good idea to delete the *.spdb file, as this will ensure that the cams displayed are the latest. Do not delete the *.spud file, as this will delete any speedcams that you have put into the device.
Every time Igo starts it looks for a newer *.txt file, and if one is found, a new *.spdb file is created from the *.txt file.
I think that it will only use one *.txt file so you will have to use a text editor to combine the files. I'm sure that if this last bit of info is not correct then someone else will pop along and correct me.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: