Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Will TTN7 run on iPaq 2210
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Will TTN7 run on iPaq 2210
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bailey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Will TTN7 run on iPaq 2210 Reply with quote

Hi, I would like to upgrade to TTN7 but I am not sure if it will work on my now slightly older PDA (HP iPAQ2210). TTN6 runs no problem even though the 2210 was not on the compatibily list. Does anyone know if TTN7 will do the same? Confused
s3dbw
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I can see, it looks like the official version will require WM6.1 for it to run so unless you have that installed you may have a problem.
Bailey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats how I see it. Do you know how or if I can upgrade to WM6? Currently I think my PDA is running PC2003
s3dbw
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no official upgrades, but if you [deleted] you will find what you are looking for. As long as you are reasonably confident at doing hard resets on your PDA etc its not a problem. I've been running [deleted] for about a year now with no problems.

Have fun!

Edit: No instructions on how to find pirate / hacked software etc, please. PaulB2005
Bailey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip. There seem to be various sites. Can you let me know which you used? Do you have a link for the instructions?
cornz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadly you need to use a [deleted] for the ipaq and to be honest, if you cant use [deleted] you need then you wont be able to [deleted]. You are going to use essentially pirated software on your ipaq and you wont get much joy with a step by step guide on here.
[deleted]

Edit: PaulB2005
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite telling the OP they won't get the information they need here, you pretty much tell him what he needs, what he needs to do with it, where to find it and then suggest another site that should have the information!!!
cornz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
Despite telling the OP they won't get the information they need here, you pretty much tell him what he needs, what he needs to do with it, where to find it and then suggest another site that should have the information!!!

And that warranted THAT amount of editing?
Did i post links? No, since when did pocketgps world become the gps police?
I gave him subtle hints that would have helped him at least flash his ipaq as i and hundreds of others have done.
Go have a drink and unwind.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the first rules of the PGPSW Forum is....

Quote:
Discussion of illegal activities such as software piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed. PocketGPSWorld.com maintains a Zero Tolerance policy on piracy matters.

Quote:
Did i post links?

Not directly, but you posted sufficient information to point someone in the right direction to obtain inforamtion you yourself said was "hacked" and "pirate". Some of the information was pretty specific.

I thought that justified the edits and was i believe in line with the PGPSW Policy in discussing such matters.
cornz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was simply trying to explain he wouldn't get a guide on here and that he would need to look elsewhere.But in the spirit of helping someone provided him with a clue as to what he would need to do.
Lets not forget, it is tomtom whom are playing silly sods and have directley caused people to seek out alternative means of getting their favorite navigation software onto their ppcs, and as i have already stated, the people whom have the knowledge to modify their pdas, will do so..
Anyway. Nuff said.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand and if people want to do that then that's fine by me. However at what stage do we stop? Just because someone wants to do x, y and z against the manufacturers intentions, should we allow discussion or information on how to do it? Yes, but not if it involves "hacked" or pirate software. That's all.

For example if someone wants to run a legitimately owned version of TT on a PDA which it wasn't intended for, as long as there are no "hacks" or "cracks" used then i can't see the problem.
cornz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
I understand and if people want to do that then that's fine by me. However at what stage do we stop? Just because someone wants to do x, y and z against the manufacturers intentions, should we allow discussion or information on how to do it? Yes, but not if it involves "hacked" or pirate software. That's all.

For example if someone wants to run a legitimately owned version of TT on a PDA which it wasn't intended for, as long as there are no "hacks" or "cracks" used then i can't see the problem.

However at what stage do we stop?

We stop at posting direct links or files.
We dont stop the discussion, thats just what the stazi government are doing, slowly eating away at this countrys right to free speech and to voice an opinion as well as assuming every one is guilty until proven otherwise

"For example if someone wants to run a legitimately owned version of TT on a PDA which it wasn't intended for, as long as there are no "hacks" or "cracks" used then i can't see the problem."

But you are fully aware that tomtom 7 will NOT run on 90% of pdas and i assume you are also fully aware that the actual tomtom application is given away freely??And that it is the maps you pay for. So really, short of explaining how to activate a map illegally, there is nothing wrong in explaining how to get tomtom7 on an ipaq that will happily run tt7 (after modification) but tt7 wont support it.
All tomtom have to do is make v7 and v8 maps work on tomtom6, thats it, bloody simple but no, they cant see beyond the doors of their shareholders.
Bailey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Thanks for the comments. Sorry to cause and controvercy. All I was trying to do was upgrade my PDA to TTN7 so I can continue to use TTN without having to purchase a new PDA. I would willingly purchase map upgrades and would have been interested in the traffic service as I am travelling every day accros the country and use the TTN daily. I am amazed that TomTom them selves will not assist as its in their interest. It also seems crazy to me that I am being pushed to purchase a new PDA when there is in fact nothing wrong with my old one. Surely this is not very inviremently friendly.

Anyway thanks again
cornz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i didnt think it would cause as big a stink as it did but there you go.Thats the rules and agree or disagree, they are there.
However, i wonder if we would be allowed to discuss it off the forum.
Then no rules are broken.
Feel free to pm me your email.
Sam12345
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: tt7 on ipaq 2210 Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
Yes, some good news! You can run tt7 on ipaq 2210, and that is excactly what I am doing! WM2003 is reall good, and, yes, it would be a shame to buy a new machine. so, like I say, it works fine, just one hiccup - TT7 doesn't offer screen oreination (to landscape etc.), supposedly becuase they assume that people are running it on later machines which have automatic orientation.
Also, I found that when playing music with Win Media Player on my ipaq, the TT voice commands do not come clear at all.
So there.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: