Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Collecting data with photos with GPS tags
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Collecting data with photos with GPS tags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikepie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Collecting data with photos with GPS tags Reply with quote

I'm keen to learn if anyone is interested testing outs some ideas we have of collecting information using smart phones with Cameras and GPS.

We are only looking at London at the moment but would be interested in other parts of the country later on. people would simply take a photo of specific things then upload them and based on the info on the photo we would post process it.

I'll pay you for your time but I want to find people who have such phones and interested in collecting the data. If the idea works people could use it for all sorts of things.

If you are interested I'll post somethng so you can contact me.

Big Thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this an application to run on a smart phone or PDA based phone or are you simply wanting geotagged pictures?

The HTC phones mostly have the geotagging mode disabled by default, some of us tried enabling it on the HTC Touch Cruise/ O2 Orbit-II only to find that the phone messes up with values of longitude between 0 and -0,999999 degrees (anything lower than one degree West and zero).

There are a few applications that can be added to the HTC phones to get geotagging working correctly such as the GPSToday applet for the PDA style devices that works quite well.

Not being very close to London I cannot offer any assistance with that area, but if you want some local landmarks photographing with geotagged exif data then I can send you some - Mike
richard345
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Mike, I am far away from London, but I have downloaded a Nokia application for my N82 that attaches GPS info to the EXIF data for each image taken.

Can you advise what sort of specific things you wold want images of, as I could see issues if these things / places might be of a 'sensitive' nature, such as military establishments?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: