Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - World Base Map Upgrade
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

World Base Map Upgrade
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
decay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johno, to get to 'goto postcode' from the 'GPS map' screen press the joystick to get to 'Position info' screen, postcode option is/should be bottom left button.

Satmap state that this is not an upgradeable option for some licensing reason! but they seem to have included it anyway, hurrah.
johno99
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decay
I tried that a few times last night, but didnt get the option. Trying it right now: on GPS map screen, press centre joystick, comes up with 'route map' and brings up one of the routes saved. Why that one in particular I dont know. The options are then; left profile and start, right edit and back, no other options. I'm sure this wasnt the case before the upgrade. Im probably doing something wrong but I cant think what.

Just deleted that route and now if I press the joystick I get the goto postcode, GREYED OUT, oh well lucks like you were lucky.

Thanks

John
decay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to get your hopes up, guess I was just lucky and in someones good books at satmap at the time.
johno99
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Just returned from Croatia with the Active 10. Great fun on the flight, amazed me how I managed to lock onto the satellittes while moving at a few hundred miles an hour! Make sure you are sat by a window though, a foot into the cabin loses the signal. The speed and the altitude appeared about right although the best bit was knowing where we are at any time for instance me annoying the wife every 5 minutes such as 'if you look out of the window you will see the coast of Italy' or 'just about to fly over Split.......now' A bit of fun

Not so good on the ground, yes you know what country your in but if you try to zoom in for detail you lose the lot! To zoom in to see the track log dots you need to go right past the map detail and still end up with a blank screen with red dots. Zooming out to view the map you lose the dots.

Still, OK for a bit of fun but dont expect to use it for anything seriuos. All in all verdict: not worth the upgrade.

John
4ndynorfolk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to get an Austrian map card from ebay.

It has "road maps" covering most of Europe. I don't know how the scale compares with the world mapping.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: