Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Membership Sign-Up Problems?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Membership Sign-Up Problems?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Membership Sign-Up Problems? Reply with quote

Membership Sign-Up Problems?

SEARCH TIP: To search this page (or any other) press Control and F and type in your query, i.e. FireFox, PayPal, firewall, register, etc. (may not work with all browsers)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speed Camera Frequently Asked Questions? Go to: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=35213
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We recognise that there may be a few teething problems in the early days for our sign-up process. If you are having problems, please accept our apologies.

Using the questions and answers below may help. If not, please ask your question in this monitored sign-up support forum by using the post reply button at the bottom of the last posted question or answer.

We get several thousand emails per week (yes really!) and unfortunately it's inevitable that the odd one gets missed. Your question or comment will be more efficiently responded to in the forums, after all, that is what they are there for! Wink

If your question is regarding the download of the Speed Camera Database please post it in the Speed Camera Forums.

Please note that the camera database is a free add on to membership and as such is not a commercially guaranteed product. Both the camera database and the site offer community support and help only.

Post your question and, usually within 24 hours, someone will help you. However, often you will receive your answer MUCH quicker. Sometimes, though very rarely, it may take a little longer at the weekends, over holiday periods or when team members are travelling abroad on business.

Posting support requests in our forums also helps others who are experiencing the same problem get a resolution to their problem. When time is precious and we aren't in the forums, there is still a wealth of knowledge from other GPS users which can help resolve a problem especially when they have the same equipment as you.

Never disclose your password, credit card or any other financial details in a public forum.
Q. Why don't you offer phone support?

A. Like many other large Internet sites (although a large site we are a micro-company - one full-timer) it is far more efficient to deal with queries either by email or on the forums. If we gave out a phone number we would be inundated with calls (from experience) and would be unable to run the site. Support issues can usually be dealt with a lot more quickly using email (usual time to write is about 30 seconds). A phone call invariably takes a lot longer than 30 seconds, often running up to 10 minutes - 9 of which are often unnecessary as, inevitably, some callers like to chat.
Q. Why can't I find the right links to register/subscribe/log in?

A. Please make sure that you always use the main site www.PocketGPSWorld.com and not a mirror site. Your browser needs to accept cookies from our site. There is an issue (which we are addressing) with cookies when you use a mixture of www.pocketgpsworld.com, pocketgpsworld.com (without the www) and the co.uk sites.

On Internet Explorer you can clear your cookies using Tools/Internet Options/Delete Cookies.

Some ISPs store (cache) web pages so they don't always update immediately. 'Hard' refresh subscription/download page by pressing 'Control' on your keyboard whilst pressing the refresh/reload button on your browser.

Are you sure that your privacy settings are not set too high? Is your firewall blocking us? You should also have JavaScript enabled.
Q. I use FireFox, why am I having problems?

A. Please see the following threads:

New download system - Comments and suggestions

Subscribing to PocketGPSWorld.com

Possible download problem

If you find no help, please ask your question on the relevant forum.
Q. When I register to post in the forums I'm told I'll get an email which I need to respond to. I haven't received one, why?

A. Many large ISPs mistakenly block a lot of legitimate commercial emails thinking they are spam (actually, it is interesting to note that more emails nowadays are blocked as spam than delivered) and your confirmation email may not arrive as a result. You will not be able to activate your account without this email as it asks you to click a link to confirm. If you do not receive this email then please email us at subscriptions AT pocketgpsworld.com with your chosen nickname and we will set you up manually.

The vast majority of registrations proceed effortlessly, but the problem occurs intermittently with AOL, Supanet, Freeserve, Wanadoo, BTConnect, BTinternet, NTL and Blueyonder.
Q. Can I still post even though I don't have a paid subscription?

A. Yes, and if you haven't already registered to post, you can register here for free . There is no need to register here if you have a paid subscription.
Q. I have looked at the subscription page and can find no way to subscribe to the speed camera database?

A. To clarify, the subscription is to become a member of the site (discounts, competitions, member forums and polls). After you become a member you can then download the database for free.

Are you 100% sure you have read all the instructions carefully? Do you realise that you have you register to post in the forums first? http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=new_user

Just in case you were on the wrong page, please go to http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/subscription.php - and press refresh in your browser.

If you still have no luck, please post your problem on http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=36248 where the whole team will see it - this will help resolve your problem faster.
Q. Why won't my credit card be accepted?

A. Should your card be refused, we suggest that you contact your card issuer directly. Cards are not refused by us - they are refused by the card issuer. There are a number of reasons why this can happen.

* You have no funds available - you have exceeded your limit.

* You or a joint card holder may have used the card an unusual amount of times or adopted a different spending pattern recently and the issuer, who may suspect fraud by a 3rd party, has paused your ability to use it.

* You have used hyphens, "-", underlines, "_", or spaces when you typed your card number.

* You selected incorrect credit card type from list of acceptable cards.

* You didn't complete all fields.

If you find that all data is complete and correct, but the card is still not accepted, please try a different card if you have one. Failing that, please use PayPal or send a cheque or postal order as per instructions below.
Q. Can I give my credit card information over the phone or by mail if I do not want to use my card on the Internet?

A. Sorry, no. Your payment can only be taken through a secure 3rd party payment provider site. If you prefer, you can pay by cheque - we accept cheques from all countries - postal order or US funds money order. Please make your cheque for £19.00 payable to PocketGPSWorld.com and send to:

PocketGPSWorld.com Ltd.
5 Keysland
Thundersley
Essex SS7 3TW UK
(This address is not a retail outlet. No personal visits please.)
Q. I've paid using PayPal. Why am I not a Member yet?

A. When you make a payment through PayPal that is funded by Instant Bank Transfer (the vast majority of transactions) we receive your payment and you become a Member immediately.

If you are an existing PayPal customer and do not elect to pay by credit card you therefore elect to pay by a transfer from an existing PayPal account - this transfer takes the form of a virtual cheque, called an eCheque.

All those that are able to use a credit card get instant access.

The rule of thumb is, if you have used PayPal and haven't paid by credit card then you have paid by eCheque.

If you used eCheque we would not have received your payment immediately. Funds will only be received once cleared through the banking system. As soon as payment clears (usually up to 8 working days, but sometimes longer - we have had reports of up to 14 days clearance) you will receive your membership details automatically.

We do mention it on the payment page, but in amongst all the other information, understandably, it can be missed.

Your 1st email subject line from PayPal will read 'Receipt for Your Payment to PocketGPSWorld.com Ltd' whereas the 2nd email will read 'eCheque Payment Complete'.
Q. Nochex have charged me more than once. How can I get a refund?

A. The most likely scenario is that you have pressed the submit button more than once or maybe had your card refused and tried again.

It is most likely that the extra amount is just a "pre-authorisation". As such the transaction will disappear from your card/bank statement in the next couple of days i.e. the payment will not be processed.

In the very unlikely case that the extra payment(s) is charged to your account, we will, of course, refund without question.
Q. How can I ask a question in this forum if I'm not registered?

A. If you are not already registered to use our forums, click here to register to ask questions (using the post reply button at the bottom of the last posted question or answer) in this free sign-up support forum.
Q. How can I check when my subscription expires?

A. If you have successfully subscribed, go to Your Account where you will see your remaining time. Example: Your subscription will expire in:
364 days, 23 hours, 52 minutes, 49 seconds
The Your Account link can also be found in the left navigation bar on every page.
Q. I'm not receiving a response to my email enquiries?

A. Maybe the email address you are sending to is not a monitored account. For instance, we do prominently mention on the newsletter not to respond using the newsletter email address, but occasionally some people miss it. Or maybe we have already responded, but your spam blocker or filtering has deleted our email.

Also, many large ISPs mistakenly block a lot of legitimate commercial emails thinking they are spam (actually, it is interesting to note that more emails nowadays are blocked as spam than delivered) and your email may be one of these.

We only offer guaranteed support to our Members in our Members Forums. It would be impossible to offer guaranteed support to our 30,000 visitors per day in the free forums. That said, we will always strive to cover as much support in the free forums as humanly possible.

Just for future reassurance, 99% of support emails are dealt with within 12 hours, the rest within 24 hours. Sometimes, though very rarely, it may take a little longer at the weekends, over holiday periods or when team members are travelling abroad on business.

We get several thousand emails per week (yes really!) and unfortunately it's inevitable that the odd one gets missed. Your question or comment will be more efficiently responded to in the forums, after all, that is what they are there for! Smile

If your email is for business purposes please email businessenquiriesATpocketgpsworld.com with your message, company's phone number and contact details. Subscription enquiries, problems with payment etc should be sent to subscriptionsATpocketgpsworld.com.

Please post questions about speed cameras in the Speed Camera Forums.

Last edited by Darren on Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:21 pm; edited 5 times in total
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New thread posted as previous thread had corrupted index.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Cannot download database Reply with quote

ludul wrote:
Hi. I have subscribed to the speed camera database on 11/07/08 and I have been able to download it on that day.
Today, I have tried to update my database but I can't and got the following message:

"To download the latest version of the PocketGPSWorld.com Speed Camera Database you need to be a subcribed user. Click here to see the benefits of subscribing to our site and to complete your subscription.".

I have tried both IE 7 and firefox 3.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

This account has never had a subscription associated with it. If you can send the PayPal Transcation ID to subscriptionsATpocketgpsworld.com we can investigate for you?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now advised you by email of the login you should be using. Please advise when you have logged in using the correct account so I can delete this one.
Kumzii
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Ive just paid for my subscription by credit card, but i am still
recieving the red message on the download page stating i haven't paid. I
have not sent an eCheque, but a credit card which is almost instantaneous.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your account shows an active subscription, if you are unable to access the download page still, do you have firewall software installed on your PC?

This can prevent access to the download page. The fix is to add our URL to the 'Trusted' or 'allowed' list in that application.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: