Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - how to get/use tomtom sdk
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

how to get/use tomtom sdk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adiboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: how to get/use tomtom sdk Reply with quote

Hello, i am new tomtom sdk and i have spent all night looking tomtom sdk there isn't much on their website, very hard to find any thing on google apart form a long pdf. Some places say they have stop support for sdk. I also tryed searching this from and any search for sdk shows over 300 results.

I have a XDA With WM6 on it and tomtom navigator 7.

What i want to achieve is when some one click a button on my application the tomtom start the navigation to that address ( or postcode or lat long). I have seen it done on an older version of tomtom if i have to downgrade the tomtom that's not a problem.

Any help would be very help full.
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom have stopped publishing the current SDK and have prevented some very useful 3rd party apps from running on the latest Navcore s/w as a result - very short-sighted of them IMHO.

FWIW the V7 on the HTC series does integrate (sort of) with the Contacts list. So you can navigate to any of your contacts with a correctly filled out address. I run the 'unofficial' V7 on my ORBIT (HTC P3300) with a map of Manchester installed - really only interested in seeing how it performs. I can select a friend with a Manchester address and select this as a destination from within TomTom. It says it doesn't like the address format and offers you the option for manual entry. If you allow this, it correctly pre-fills all the information (eg Town, street, number) from the contact info and off you can go.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try using the sdk menu builder program. Not sure if it works for your device though.

Web site HERE (opens in a new window).

Downloads for the program and manual at the very bottom of that page in the Sponsored Links section.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: