Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Satmap Wishlist - Deprecated (pre v.1400)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Satmap Wishlist - Deprecated (pre v.1400)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike777
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be good for the ETA for a rourte be based on an actual average speed rather than an estimated speed input before the route is started ?

Many thanks for your time and regards
DannyRF
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to see SOME support in the Netherlands.
-Sending a email to the ANWB (the only reseller) gets you nowhere.
-The people in the store doesn't know what the Active10 is or can/can't do.
-The powerpack isn't for sale overhere.
-The only cards for sale are N en S Holland (1:25000)

I love the A10, but like to see more (better) resellers like a outdoor shop soon.
dungbeetle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ability to move POI's from one category to another would be very useful (already mentioned a while back in this thread, I think).

Also, the ability to create a new POI category without having to copy an existing category, rename it an delete the contents would be good.

Finally, when you delete the last POI in a category, the category is also deleted automatically. Could we have the option to keep it for future use?
HJC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about the ability to simply talk to an Apple Mac.

Then we can all get involved in Routeshare, Satsync, Routeplanner, GPX,KML, LOC, KMZ etc etc

At the moment we are totally locked out, despite owning an A10 since November 2007 and promises then of Mac compatibilityjavascript:emoticon('Sad')
4ndynorfolk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dungbeetle wrote:
The ability to move POI's from one category to another would be very useful (already mentioned a while back in this thread, I think).

Also, the ability to create a new POI category without having to copy an existing category, rename it an delete the contents would be good.

Finally, when you delete the last POI in a category, the category is also deleted automatically. Could we have the option to keep it for future use?

I would also like the ability to tun an entire category's visibilty on or off.
dungbeetle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4ndynorfolk wrote:

I think you can already, Andy, by using the Hide/Show button.

Select a Category in the POI Categories menu, then press 'Hide'. A red line crosses through the eye icon and all the POI's contained in that category are no longer visible on the map.

Last edited by dungbeetle on Fri May 29, 2009 5:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
dungbeetle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

===DELETED DOUBLE POST===
Brelin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a read of all these posts and some I would agree with, e.g. fixtures on the bottom for neck strap or confirmation click to go into planning mode. While I've only had my A10 for about 2 weeks there are a few ideas I'd like to throw into the mix if I may:

1) Car Windscreen Mounting Kit. Contacted Satmap already about this one and they say it's already on the cards for development so some good news there.

2) 3G/HSDPA/Edge connectivity. With the creation of the online route planner the A10 is already reducing the need to have software installed on your PC, so why not go one stage further and remove the need all together? With mobile computing being so significant these days imagine going online from your laptop or phone anywhere in the world to plan your route, then click 'Send to my device' where it puts the route in some form of 'Outbox' on Satmap's server. When the A10 is next turned on it automatically connects via 3G to the Satmap server and downloads the routes. Uploads of tracks go the other way of course and get stored in your online profile at Satmap so you never need to loose a thing.

2a) If you could download data to your device wherever you are in the world imagine if you find yourself in an area where you haven't got the OS map for? No problem, the A10 recognises you haven't got the map and asks you if you want to download it. You would need to set up a credit card within your profile at Satmap to automatically pay for the downloads but you'd never be without the map you need! The same connectivity would make downloading and patching the software operation system really easy too.

3) Route Planner Way Points. The ability to change the colour/type of the waypoint to make them more significant. Will allow you draw peoples attention at certain points on your route.

4) Route Colour. Ability to be able to change the colour of the route itself, help contrasting against the OS background in different circumstances.

5) Wrist Strap. As others have pointed out the neck strap isn't brilliant by any standards so I nicked a wrist strap off another GPS device and use that. I would prefer one came as standard naturally (or at least you could choose when purchasing).

Those are my initial thoughts.

Thanks

Brelin
4ndynorfolk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dungbeetle wrote:
4ndynorfolk wrote:

I think you can already, Andy, by using the Hide/Show button.

Select a Category in the POI Categories menu, then press 'Hide'. A red line crosses through the eye icon and all the POI's contained in that category are no longer visible on the map.

So you can!. Thanks dunbeetle.

Either my faculties are failing, or that is a new feature.

I can now zoom right out and see the map, rather than hundreds of POI.
4ndynorfolk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just noticed that the hide setting does not persist after a power off. Is that a bug?
dungbeetle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4ndynorfolk wrote:
Just noticed that the hide setting does not persist after a power off. Is that a bug?

Yes, it would be nice if the Satmap could remember which POI's you've hidden during power off.

At the moment it's a bit of a pain to have to go back and hide all your POI's again every time you switch on.
Brelin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like a way to be able to view multiple routes on screen (on the A10 and online route planner). In addition I'd like to be able to create a main route and then attach to that additonal routes, such as wet weather alternatives or optional detours or shortcuts at key points.

Naturally you'd start off walking with the main route active and then when you get to a potential 'split' in the route you can choose to activate the option route or not. You'll then follow this alternate route for a bit and when you eventually you get back to the main route you can re-activate the main route and off you go again.

So the ability to be able to see multiple routes and create 'Route Groups' would be advantagous I'd say.

Thanks

Brelin
ocam
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brelin wrote:
I'd like a way to be able to view multiple routes on screen (on the A10 and online route planner). In addition I'd like to be able to create a main route and then attach to that additonal routes, such as wet weather alternatives or optional detours or shortcuts at key points.

Naturally you'd start off walking with the main route active and then when you get to a potential 'split' in the route you can choose to activate the option route or not. You'll then follow this alternate route for a bit and when you eventually you get back to the main route you can re-activate the main route and off you go again.

So the ability to be able to see multiple routes and create 'Route Groups' would be advantagous I'd say.

Thanks

Brelin

The A10 already has the 'show inactive routes' option which sounds like what you're after. The active route is orange and the inactive routes are grey.
Brelin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ocam wrote:
Brelin wrote:

Thanks

Brelin

The A10 already has the 'show inactive routes' option which sounds like what you're after. The active route is orange and the inactive routes are grey.

Yes now that you mention it I do remember coming across that, but would I be right in saying that it shows ALL inactive routes? (i.e. it's all on or all off), there's no way to pick and choose which are shown?
dungbeetle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brelin wrote:

Yes now that you mention it I do remember coming across that, but would I be right in saying that it shows ALL inactive routes? (i.e. it's all on or all off), there's no way to pick and choose which are shown?

Correct.

This differs from the POI's, where you can select which ones in particular you want to show or hide.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: