Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Support/Helpline
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Support/Helpline

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
womble08
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: TomTom Support/Helpline Reply with quote

I posted an enquiry on here recently about Tom Tom Sat Navs; and I mentioned that I had read a number of complaints about their Support/help Line. I bought a TomTom yesterday. Whilst updating the map – somehow the lead into the computer fell out of its own accord (!). Started the process again and then got a message that I could download the map for a fee. Whilst I wasn’t happy about that, I decided to phone their support line to see if they could offer any advice.

After going through the usual choice of which button to choose, I eventually got through to “Maps”. I explained the predicament to the young lady (who had a very s**y voice!) and she briefly explained how to deal with this – which would allow me to re-download the update for free, and said she would email me the details. As I began to say “My email address is . . .”, she said “One moment please” – and then told me what my email address was! I thanked her, put the phone down and in less than one minute the email arrived.

The whole telephone process - including the “You now have 5 choices” routine, and listening to some very loud music, took about four-and-a-half minutes. That’s an example of how telephone support should be – well done TomTom!
stanwhite_snr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Tom Tom support Reply with quote

Hi,

My experiences of support, and their service is not so good. I have a Go 540, whose trial services are about to expire. The map is also out of date.

Just over £107 to sort that all out, including 12 months live subscription. Yes, I am OK with that, but the Tom Tom server is playing around, and won't let me log in via "home" to pay, and "all the phone lines are busy" so I can't get done that way. Funnily enough I just bought some Tom Tom hardware from their main site, and that worked..

I hope to God the 540, or my 940 does not go wrong.... :-(

Regards,

Stan.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: