Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Getting popup "Application Update Req'd" every tim
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting popup "Application Update Req'd" every tim
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> MyTomTom / TomTom HOME Desktop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrianCollison
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Re: Application updates for TomTom Reply with quote

richard345 wrote:
BrianCollison wrote:
I have now received the sd card with new maps and application update already on sd card, and everything seems to be back to normal, the only thing is I made a backup on another sd card, but it would not work on my 520, it only works with the original sd card. So it seems like you can get TomTom maps without using TomTom Home. This was from a company called Hyper Gear, and it is slightly cheaper at £44 including postage.
Look for it on Amazon.

Just as a matter of interest, what version of Application and Map did you get? If it's working on your device, tap the sat strength meter and all the details will be shown.

Ta.

It is version 8.350 with 8.25 maps, it was working fine until I installed updates of poi's and now it has gone into continuous reboot, but now if I take the card out it goes back to the old map, I thought my problem was solved. I did make a backup copy onto another 4g sdhc card, but when I tried it would not work, so I continued with new sd card which worked fine till I did the update.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you updated the POI files did you also copy a file named "MapSettings.cfg" to the current map folder where you put all the POI files? This is known to cause the rebooting issue so delete the MapSettings.cfg file and the device will create a new one, this does mean you will have to set your favourites and POI warnings though - Mike
BrianCollison
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Application updates for TomTom Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
When you updated the POI files did you also copy a file named "MapSettings.cfg" to the current map folder where you put all the POI files? This is known to cause the rebooting issue so delete the MapSettings.cfg file and the device will create a new one, this does mean you will have to set your favourites and POI warnings though - Mike

Hi Mike,

It did have this file before I updated, but I cannot see it anywhere now, I have looked in other folders but cannot see it. I checked my backup as well, so it doesn't matter which sd card I use it behaves the same, but when I go onto TomTom home and go to operate my GO, it seems to work alright, I can make adjustments, but when I disconnect it from the computer it acts up by continuous reboots.
I keep getting this message- Windows delayed write failed - on the computer after disconnecting the TomTom, I am wondering if there is a connection with this problem.

Brian
richard345
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With reference to the rebooting issue, if you connect to HOME and then try the 'Operate my Go' option, some people have found that when the TT is disconnected again and allowed to boot, everything is back to normal.

It's worth a try.
BrianCollison
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Application updates for TomTom Reply with quote

richard345 wrote:
With reference to the rebooting issue, if you connect to HOME and then try the 'Operate my Go' option, some people have found that when the TT is disconnected again and allowed to boot, everything is back to normal.

It's worth a try.

I have tried that several times with internal memory, new map sd card and backup sd card, I have tried them separatly, like I say it works on 'Operate my Go' for each of them, but as soon as I disconnect it from computer it's back to square one. I bought the new map hoping it would be ready for next weekend when I am going on holiday. I might have to go back to my Garmin i3 that still works but the maps our out of date on that.
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you disconnecting the unit PROPERLY from the computer? (Home's Device--Disconnect)
BrianCollison
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Application updates for TomTom Reply with quote

dhn wrote:
Are you disconnecting the unit PROPERLY from the computer? (Home's Device--Disconnect)

Yes I have disconnected via Home and the safe disconnect from computer.
I did find the mapsettings.config file and deleted that as well after making a backup of it. but still no joy.

Brian
BrianCollison
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:28 am    Post subject: Endless reboots resolved Reply with quote

Found after endless reboots, it seems to be duplicate files and folders was causing the problem, the duplicates were within folders of folders of folders of the same name, so started deleting the copies not needed like repeated copies of poi's, internal memory is back to old application 7.48 still trying to sort out the new map sd card, that seems more complicated at the moment, but at least I've got my GO 520 working again.

Brian

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> MyTomTom / TomTom HOME Desktop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: