Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Home will not install new maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Home will not install new maps
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mally1957
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Home has deleted the old maps to install the new, but the new will install.

You can either wait for TT to fix it, restore from a backup or go on your PC into your Home/downloads/complete/map/Western_and_Central_Europe-* folder. Find the latest version, normally where * is the highest number.

Had trouble trying to download last night estimated time was 6 hours so gave up.
Tried again this morning and all seemed well estimated download 35 minutes so went ahead and then ran into the same error message and the deletion of the map data.

Reinstalled backup made after 8.35 install (which all went well with) Could I just check your manual installation instructions.

I take it you only need to extract the cspeech_GBR and _IRL.DAT files as they are the only ones that are on my tomtom and can safely delete the others.

and
Quote:
You need to do the same for the activation_map_5****.cab and extract the single file from this to the Go WE map folder.

You extract this file to the western and central europe map folder as well.

Thanks for advise.

A now retired Tomtom 940 v9.541.3145439.1 OS:1493118, GPS v1.20 Boot 5.5120, West Europe Map v1025.9386
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can install all the speech files if you want but I think you will only need the GBR in mainland EW&S but the IRL for Ireland, I used both just in case.
Just ignore the other cspeech files for the UK.

You will need all the other files from the zip.

The meta.dct activation file from the cab is needed in the Western Europe map folder to activate the map.

Home will not recognise this installation but the Go will.

I have tried different PCs, different broadband and installing to various versions of system and map backups on an SD card and I am now convinced it cannot be anything specific at my end. There must be an error in the files and their activation or encryption or on my account on the server.

TomTom say there is no known fault and thousands are downloading successfully this map to the 9 series Go and it cannot be an account issue otherwise it would not be offered to me as a download. I have sent a full dump off to them with some files.
tkerby
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get exactly the same problem both at home on vista and at work on xp Sad
BarryUK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrT wrote:
nashmills wrote:
I left my machine downloading the map update overnight and got the error this morning. Tried again to no avail. I then switched off my 940 and turned it back on again only to find I only have a North America map on the device!

This device is so going to be the last TomTom I buy.

You can either wait for TT to fix it, restore from a backup or go on your PC into your Home/downloads/complete/map/Western_and_Central_Europe-* folder. Find the latest version, normally where * is the highest number.

Find Western_and_Central_Europe.zip and extract the files to your WE map folder on the Go.

You need to do the same for the activation_map_5****.cab and extract the single file from this to the Go WE map folder.

You can ignore the gif and toc files.

Your device will now work with the latest map but Home will not properly recognise it as installed, so do not try and reinstall from Home until TT have fixed this or you will have to do the manual install again.

Have done all this and now it's fine thanks! Home even recognises the new maps are installed and tells me the correctly installed version, and it doesn't offer me the updated map anymore. Hopefully that's an end to it... Until the next time Smile
tkerby
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A google for the error revealed a French forum explaining it was a problem with Home 2.6 and restoring an earlier version of home fixed it. I've just noticed the second update to home today has been released and I'm downloading that in the hope it fixes the bug
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried using the already downloaded files with Home 2.4 and no difference, I will try and download again with 2.4 and see if that works.

Home 2.6 worked fine for the 8.30 UK & Ire maps on the 530.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Home was not the issue, just downloaded again using 2.4 and the files were identical and would not install.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to install manually as well as HOME kept throwing up the same error.

I have logged it as a support call but don't hold your breath ......
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My incident has been sent off to "research". From searching the Internet using Google translate I can see that this is a common issue and seems to be affecting the Go9xx units. I think it is an issue with Home and the Durham encryption.

Has anyone actually successfully updated W&CE on a Go9xx to the 2061MB 8.30.2305?
nashmills
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrT wrote:
nashmills wrote:
I left my machine downloading the map update overnight and got the error this morning. Tried again to no avail. I then switched off my 940 and turned it back on again only to find I only have a North America map on the device!

This device is so going to be the last TomTom I buy.

Find Western_and_Central_Europe.zip and extract the files to your WE map folder on the Go.

You can ignore the gif and toc files.

Your device will now work with the latest map but Home will not properly recognise it as installed, so do not try and reinstall from Home until TT have fixed this or you will have to do the manual install again.
Thanks MrT. I have followed your instructions and the map is now installed.

The weird thing now is every time I connect to Home I am told there is an application update available but there never is! I am using 8.350.
MikeMcr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem with a new 940 using the Latest Map Guarantee. Interestingly, the new North America map downloaded and installed without error. However, it refuses to install the Western & Central Europe Map, giving the same errors already mentioned Mad
robbooth
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nashmills wrote:

Yep, had this with my 940 too, thank goodness I did a backup first!
wilfuerdo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

920T here, smae error message, hope theres a fix soon
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tkerby wrote:
I've just noticed the second update to home today has been released and I'm downloading that in the hope it fixes the bug

What version, please?
I'm using v2.6.3.1609 which came out about two weeks ago, and it's saying there are no newer versions available.
NickV
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also experienced this issue with a brand new 940 when I ran the latest map guarantee. Now I have no Western European maps on it. Have tried 3 times. Same result every time.

I will follow instructions to manually install maps.

I have also posted a support ticket. If I hear anything useful before anyone else posts, I will post it here.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: