Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - NEW MAPS FOR TOM TOM (18 MAY)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW MAPS FOR TOM TOM (18 MAY)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wigfield wrote:
Ive got a 720 and im not being offered this new map,Im clicking on the Update My Go,Or should i be clicking on Add Mapps
Assuming you have logged in to your account in TT Home and that you have subscribed to the Map Update service, it arrives using the "Update my GO" button.

If you're not subscribed to Map Update service, you'll have to buy from TT using the "Add Maps" button.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exportman wrote:

If you copy the new map over in TTH it should keep your original alerts.

Not necessarily true....

nbg - the file you need is MapSettings.cfg
Sometimes this file remains compatible after a map or software change sometimes it doesn't.
To try it, just copy that file from the old map folder (from a backup or before you update) and paste it into the new folder.
either it will work and you will keep all your settings, favourites etc. or it won't.

If it doesn't, one of two hings will happen. Either it will get replaced with a fresh copy, or the TomTom will refuse to start up and will continuously reboot.
To rectify that, either give up and remove the file you copied or some people have found you can "fix" the file by running the on-screen emulator in Home and saving a new favourite.
nbg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
exportman wrote:

If you copy the new map over in TTH it should keep your original alerts.

Not necessarily true....

nbg - the file you need is MapSettings.cfg
Sometimes this file remains compatible after a map or software change sometimes it doesn't.
To try it, just copy that file from the old map folder (from a backup or before you update) and paste it into the new folder.
either it will work and you will keep all your settings, favourites etc. or it won't.

If it doesn't, one of two hings will happen. Either it will get replaced with a fresh copy, or the TomTom will refuse to start up and will continuously reboot.
To rectify that, either give up and remove the file you copied or some people have found you can "fix" the file by running the on-screen emulator in Home and saving a new favourite.

Thanks Andy, will give that a go tomorrow night Smile
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a new record for me. Downloaded in less than 16 minutes and waiting as it writes to my 740. As seems to be way too common, LMG said I already had the latest map, so a phone call was required. I wonder how much TomTom saves on not fulfilling LMG for new owners who don't know any better and accept that no newer map is available? But I'm sure it's just something that TT has trouble getting right. It's a good thing that when you have to pay for something, such as a map, a gas subscription, etc., that it nearly always works. Just tends to fail when they owe the buyer something for free. Rolling Eyes
SQUARE2024
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
wazzzzupmate wrote:
Do I need to update the navcore to 8.350 before the new map (8.3) will work?

Yes you will need the 8,350 Navcore release installed for the new map - Mike

I downloaded the new map set yesterday [uk & ireland] which took about 6 mins ,but I am using 8.302 which I rolled back from 8.350 last week,and all is working ok.

TomTom 520
Christmas Draw 2010 Grand Final Winner Garmin Nuvi 1490TV
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SQUARE2024 wrote:

I downloaded the new map set yesterday [uk & ireland] which took about 6 mins ,but I am using 8.302 which I rolled back from 8.350 last week,and all is working ok.

same as me I must have been 1 of the first to download teh new maps yesterday and it took me about 4/5 mins to get done .. I was also a little surprised when it asked me to download a new mapas we normally have a thread as to why we have not had new maps or something like that
loriannod
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just used my UK TomTom 520 "business" promocode to download the map. If anyone else has a voucher now is a good time to use it as it expires next month anyway.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy-c1 wrote:
I was also a little surprised when it asked me to download a new mapas we normally have a thread as to why we have not had new maps or something like that

Well, we kinda did HERE. Nobody won the chocolate teapot.

Tom59
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
TomTom will refuse to start up and will continuously reboot.

This happened to me, but the way I got around was to simply open then close the emulator, I didn't make any changes.

As for MapShare Angry after my last download, I e.mailed Joker TT Customer Support Joker and a very concerned Mark M (UK) asked me to provide details which he would ensure were actioned.
Got my latest download last night with the same old errors still showing.

TT iPhone app
V 1.23 Map: Western and Central Europe 2 GB V 965.7286

TT iOS Go Mobile
V 1.1 Map: Western Europe 965.7248
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:

Well, we kinda did . Nobody won the chocolate teapot.

lollol must have missed that 1
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom59 wrote:
As for MapShare Angry after my last download, I e.mailed Joker TT Customer Support Joker and a very concerned Mark M (UK) asked me to provide details which he would ensure were actioned.
Got my latest download last night with the same old errors still showing.

Corrections take around 6 months from when TT receive them to being on the latest map. That is, IF they decide to use your corrections. Most of mine have to be re input, but im seeing more and more being corrections being implemented with every map update which is a good move!

iPhone 12

Last edited by falkirk81 on Wed May 20, 2009 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So here's a correction I found has happened. At long last, they've got the triangle junction correct - one way, one way and two way the other way. Sadly, they still have the roundabout a mile away on the same road which has NEVER existed, but they inserted into the maps a couple of years ago. Evil or Very Mad

andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmmm Thanks for that ,I will try and correct a junction near newhaven as tt will never let me go down the this 1 road was very annoying
Nigel42
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New map? dont make me laugh!!!

I've checked my pet hate errors which I have been submitting for YEARS and still, No change!! But if I look on Google maps they are there!

There is only one Kingdom Street in London and guess which provider can find it?

Any other lost streets will be found in a £10.99 Phillips A-Z.

Thanks TT

Also Thanks for removing my Favorites, switching the sound off on my warning signals, for making my screen flick on and off every 10 seconds and finally for losing ALL trust in your product/service that it will get me to my destination!
Stampy72
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nigel42 wrote:
New map? dont make me laugh!!!

Also Thanks for removing my Favorites, switching the sound off on my warning signals, for making my screen flick on and off every 10 seconds and finally for losing ALL trust in your product/service that it will get me to my destination!

Couldn't agree more....

Think I'm up to about 70 corrections now - ALL of which have been submitted to TT AND TeleAtlas over the past 3 years....

While I'm on the subject - anybody got any ideas on how to solve THESE 2 corrections?

I've tried putting them in via BOTH TT and TeleAtlas, but TeleAtlas won't let me do it...

Correction 1

Helpston PE6
http://www.multimap.com/s/jrS6uiAS

The main road (B1443) enters from the top, and then turns sharp left through the village of Helpston.

However, IF you approach from the Side Road at the bottom of the picture, wanting to turn Left onto the B1443, TT will tell you to "bear left", when you actually have to TURN LEFT. The same applies in the OTHER DIRECTION.

Correction 2

Uffington, PE9
http://www.multimap.com/s/lsFkPkbu

As above, the main A16 comes in from the top, and curves sharp left.
IF you approach from the side road at the bottom, TT will tell you to BEAR LEFT or BEAR RIGHT - instead of you having to TURN left or Right.
Same applies in other direction.

I think BOTH problems are down to the relevant junction being wrongly programmed.

I'm using a TT One v3 running v7.903 software and map version v830.2306.

And when my TT v3 goes to the great Satellite in the sky - I DON'T think I'll be buying another TT... Mad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: