Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom release v8.350 for GO x20, GO x30 and GO x40
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom release v8.350 for GO x20, GO x30 and GO x40
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:
Andy - some of us have been waiting since November for the stuttering voice / repeated instructions bug to be fixed (even DennisN is suffering from it now!).
Andy, if you check with Mikealder, he'll confirm that I told him of the stutter and repeat within 12 hours of the firmware being released which introduced it!!

Andy_P wrote:
Try it... You'll like it!
So I'm Browsing Map and I look at Mondsee in Austria and a flag thingy tells me how far away it is. Why on earth would I like that? There is one feature I do like and that's tapping the destination arrow to jump to it. Providing I can get my fingertip small enough to actually hit the thing accurately, it's quicker than Find, Recent Destination and I can use that to scan the area of my destination to see how I'll be approaching it. But as an innovative improvement, it's eye candy and I'd prefer to be able to hear my 920T issuing navigation instructions, I'd prefer to be able to rely on it for phone calls, I'd prefer it not to stutter with the instructions, I'd love it not to switch itself back on again in my pocket - last time that occurred, it managed to press the right parts of the screen to redial my last phone call!! I'd love it to get the brightness right so that it's bright in daylight and dimmed in the dark. I'd love the remote control to give me the functionality I had with the remote on my 700. I'd love to play instructions through FM and I'd hate to do it with muzak playing at the same time - how do people hear outside influences like car horns with muzak on? I'd love to be able to use dialogue easily for navigating.

Have I got the lot there? Probably not, but it's all I can dredge up at the moment. All of those things are what I expected when I opened the box on 28th December 2007.

Spiggy wrote:
The volume level has dropped to the point where if you set it at 50% you can't hear it.

Anyone else had this problem or got any ideas for a fix?
Yes indeedy! Or at least half yes, which is to say we've got a volume "issue" (!!!) But no idea of a fix - actually somebody says it's TT messing with the amplifier or mixture or some technical words about what makes noises do noise. So anybody who can pick holes in the program coding can probably do it. As I don't know what I'm talking about, that's not going to be me! I shall grumble to TomTom.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
gareth71
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
So, 8 or more pages, but then some people just love to moan.....

Not going to shoot you down in flames, Andy - I do like an occasional moan (!), but only if there's just cause - and I think the fact that a software upgrade has introduced a problem with my brand-new Tomtom which I now can't seem to fix is just cause, don't you?! Sad
gareth71
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul9018 wrote:
upgraded the other and 530 would not turn on. left on charge for about twenty minutes then reset. sprung into life. but now when i attach to the pc 530 dies and will not reset. again i have left on charge by wall charger for twenty minutes and reset ok. any ideas anyone

Paul, see my multiple posts earlier in this thread - sounds like you're having a very similar issue to mine. I've got a support ticket in to Tomtom regarding this at the moment, but so far their promised "response within two business days" hasn't materialised Sad. Will let you know what they say, when they finally say it ...
paul9018
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gareth 71. glad i am not the only one. your issues seems exactly the same.
Shocked Shocked
Jackaws
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: TomTom release v8.350 for GO x20, GO x30 and GO x40 Reply with quote

Hi Darren,

I've connected to TTHome and run 'update my device'. It has downloaded map share and GPS fix information but has not offered me the 8.350 update. Am I missing something?

This is not the first time that I appear to be 'last in the queue'. Sad

I have tried reconnecting and updating. No joy.

Any suggestions?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Jackaws, If the information in your sig is correct then I would consider going back to Navcore 8,010 which was a decent fully functional release, your map is too old to take benefit of any of the newer features - Mike
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:

Andy, if you check with Mikealder, he'll confirm that I told him of the stutter and repeat within 12 hours of the firmware being released which introduced it!!

I don't dispute that Dennis, it was more regarding this repeated words in instructions which seems to have crept in since 8.302 and is still there in 8.350.

I thought I was the only one suffering from it, almost everyone eslse seemed to say that 8.302 fixed the stuttering for them, but looking back through this thread a lot of people were still using v7 TTS voices on x20s whereas I went back to the official TTS 6 voices for the x20 series.

Andy

Last edited by AndyVaughan on Fri May 08, 2009 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me what use it is to know the distance to anywhere in a straight line which is nothing like the road distance?
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calomax wrote:
Can anyone tell me what use it is to know the distance to anywhere in a straight line which is nothing like the road distance?

Because it will give you the perspective on where you are compared to the places you are interested in?
mightyyid
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaps

I want to revert back to 8.302 (and of course, I have every backup of previous versions except this - the last I have is 8.300) and now I have reinstalled this backup, when I do a Home update it only offers me 8.350.

I know someone in the past has linked to a site that has the individual downloads of these, and I;d like to revert back to 8.302. Could someone post us the link?

Thanks
reapeer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i have just spoken to tom tom support and they say there is no new application updates i find this very strange concidering you guys have downloaded it plus they said if it wasnt tom tom that put the info out they cannot comment on it end of conversation i have tried to get this new d/loaad and its not coming throuogh my tom tom home anyone know where this info was first spotted
gareth71
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: TomTom release v8.350 for GO x20, GO x30 and GO x40 Reply with quote

Jackaws wrote:
has not offered me the 8.350 update.

Based on my experience so far with the update, and the comments of other people in this topic, it's doing you a favour. If it ain't broke, don't fix it - because if you do, there's every chance that it *will* be broke!
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What model do you have? This update is for x20, x30 and x40 models.

It been offered on TT Home for my 740.

Check again today shows I am still being offered the update.
batties
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mightyyid wrote:
Chaps

I want to revert back to 8.302 (and of course, I have every backup of previous versions except this - the last I have is 8.300) and now I have reinstalled this backup, when I do a Home update it only offers me 8.350.

I know someone in the past has linked to a site that has the individual downloads of these, and I;d like to revert back to 8.302. Could someone post us the link?

Thanks

Here are the direct download links for people that don't use home.

http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/navcore/8.302.gox20.CAB-navcore-GO.cab
http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/navcore/8.302.go530-go730-go930.CAB-navcore-GO.cab
TT Home version 2.7.5.2014
iPhone 4S with CameraAlert
MARViN2003
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was getting a few small glitches.

My MP3's were stuttering when being paused before voice instructions were played, and also, strangely, the battery icon was static rather than animated when charging the battery.

I reverted back to the 6.9 voices and both bugs seem to have gone.

I love the new Add roundabout feature - i've finally got most of the mini roundabouts on my maps Smile

Last edited by MARViN2003 on Fri May 08, 2009 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 13 of 39

Jump to: