Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash10's Camera Manager Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash10's Camera Manager Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To stop Overspeed Warnings simply reduce the time for Overspeed to zero. It even says at the top "Warning time in seconds (0 = Off)"

You can use any icons you like. If you have donated to Ash10 you can select "Just Use the existing icons in my POI directory" on the Icons Tab. Then overwrite the Ash10 icons with the PGPSW ones. If you haven't donated then you'll need to do this each time before each upload. Make sure the names of the icons match the names of the GPX files.
mars.1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks PaulB2005, but still having problems with the icons.I made a donation but it still wont let me click on the "Just use the existing icons in my POI directory" tab.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash10 will send you the unlocked version soon which will allow you to do that.
scwheeler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope someone can help - I've searched the forum and I'm a paid owner of Ash's cam mgr.

I own a new kenwood 7240 and the voice alerts work well as do the overspeed adjustments, however I just can't seem to get the icons to show correctly.

They show as blue square's and on closer inspection I can see the icon but it's in blue and dark blue!! I've tried Ash's icons, PGPSW icons, Gerry's downloadable icons. I've only the camara's so don't think I will have exceeded the poi limit. Any ideas? The built in poi's have quite detailed icons, maybe a new format?

Thanks, Steve
JohnWB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using the full Camera Manager V2.7 for a couple of months with no problems, but now it has stopped putting the updates onto my 255WT.

It is downloading them OK & telling me when it is ready.

When I start POI loader, it says that it is installing them but when I check the 255WT POI file has not updated.

If I then carry on with the POI program & run through the manual install, the new POI's go on ok.

Anyone got any ideas
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
it says that it is installing them

If you mean Camera Manager says that it just means POILoader has started.You have always had to continue the rest of the POILoader process manually. i.e. click Next and follow the instructions from POILoader.

Camera Manager doesn't load anything to your Sat Nav (unless you have a TomTom) nor does it make POILoader do anything. The only thing that happens is when you run POILoader CM goes from "Updates ready to be installed" with a flashing logo to "Idle" with a non-flashing logo. The reason for the "Updates are being loaded" message, i suspect, is for those who run POILoader with the /silent switch so it doesn't ask you to got through the wizard and just uses the last settings. However this is down to POILoader and not CM.
JohnWB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
Quote:
it says that it is installing them

If you mean Camera Manager says that it just means POILoader has started.You have always had to continue the rest of the POILoader process manually. i.e. click Next and follow the instructions from POILoader.

Camera Manager doesn't load anything to your Sat Nav (unless you have a TomTom) nor does it make POILoader do anything. The only thing that happens is when you run POILoader CM goes from "Updates ready to be installed" with a flashing logo to "Idle" with a non-flashing logo. The reason for the "Updates are being loaded" message, i suspect, is for those who run POILoader with the /silent switch so it doesn't ask you to got through the wizard and just uses the last settings. However this is down to POILoader and not CM.

Well up untill now, all I have done is opened PIOLoader & it has done the rest for me.

It has done this every week & it seems very strange that it should suddenly stop. Maybe I was very lucky or the program was faulty in a good way.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps Ash10 will shed some light on this soon. I've been using it since day 1 and have never noticed POILoader automatically load the POIs to any Garmin unit (StreetPilot i3, Nuvi 760, Nuvi 765). The CM website states

Quote:
If you have a Tomtom device, then Camera Manager will also:

Automatically install the updates on your SatNav when it's connected to your computer.

Perhaps i've been using it incorrectly for all this time...

To confirm, the "problem" still occurs for me too.

Can i check something? In the past did you see POILoader or did you just get a box pop up after a couple of minutes that says something like "12,456 POIs successfully loaded to Unit: 12345678" i.e you didn't see the wizard? Is it possible you were using the /silent switch with POILoader?
JohnWB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
Perhaps Ash10 will shed some light on this soon. I've been using it since day 1 and have never noticed POILoader automatically load the POIs to any Garmin unit (StreetPilot i3, Nuvi 760, Nuvi 765). The CM website states

Quote:
If you have a Tomtom device, then Camera Manager will also:

Automatically install the updates on your SatNav when it's connected to your computer.

Perhaps i've been using it incorrectly for all this time...

To confirm, the "problem" still occurs for me too.

Can i check something? In the past did you see POILoader or did you just get a box pop up after a couple of minutes that says something like "12,456 POIs successfully loaded to Unit: 12345678" i.e you didn't see the wizard? Is it possible you were using the /silent switch with POILoader?

All used to do after CM had downloaded the latest update was to start PIO loader & the PIO box would apear on the screen.

Then the little CM Icon would flash saying something like Installing Updates & do its little Flashing on & off .

After a few minutes it would stop flashing & then if you hovered over the Icon the message would say CM idle, & that was all I did, very strange but very easy.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
All used to do after CM had downloaded the latest update was to start PIO loader & the PIO box would apear on the screen.

Then the little CM Icon would flash saying something like Installing Updates & do its little Flashing on & off .

After a few minutes it would stop flashing & then if you hovered over the Icon the message would say CM idle, & that was all I did, very strange but very easy.

Weird. Never noticed it try to do anything like that at all. Maybe i just didn't notice. Confused Perhaps because i didn't know the function was there for Garmins. Anyway it doesn't seem to be working for me now either.

In my expereince the flashing stops as soon as you open POILoader and CM switches to Idle straight away.

Hopefully Ash10 can clear this up...
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After 8 minutes nothing happened. POILoader sat there at 0% under Task Manager.

Whereas manually installing the alerts takes 2 minutes...

Still can't find any mention of an Auto Load feature for Garmin.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do want a "fix" for this make a copy of your POILoader icon and rename it to POILoader Silent. Then right click the icon, Properties and add /silent to the end of the Target, so it reads POILoader.exe /silent. Then when you click that one nothing will appear to happen but after a couple of minutes you'll get a message to say the POIs have been loaded. It uses the last settings you used under manual mode.
JohnWB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
If you do want a "fix" for this make a copy of your POILoader icon and rename it to POILoader Silent. Then right click the icon, Properties and add /silent to the end of the Target, so it reads POILoader.exe /silent. Then when you click that one nothing will appear to happen but after a couple of minutes you'll get a message to say the POIs have been loaded. It uses the last settings you used under manual mode.

Thanks Paul, I may give that a try tonight. John
tomthompson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the couple of minutes is a bit optimistic it nearly always takes quite a few minutes for mine but I do the full monty with speed cameras by type and speed and overspeed warnings as well

Shocked

I keep on learning but they invent new things faster ,How do I keep up ?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think the couple of minutes is a bit optimistic

The time to generate the POI.GPI depends on your PCs performance, the time to transfer to the unit depends on the size of the file you generate which depends on the number of POIs you load. The more you load the more time it takes.

32,788 POIs to Nuvi 765T (PGPSW Speed Cam Database - Approach & Overspeed set to Sort by Camera Type plus 16 categories of POI)
AMD 64 3200+, 1 Gb RAM, Win XP SP3 takes...

1 minute 56 seconds

Other factors such as other background processes, anti virus and what you are doing at the time will slow that down.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 49 of 77

Jump to: