Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Bluetooth iO module
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Bluetooth iO module
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrMips
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
From TT Support

Quote:
The Go 740 and 940 support the same Bluetooth protocols. You will be able to pair the device providing:

1- Your IO Play kit supports the A2DP Protocol (e.g receiving Audio and not transmitting unlike a Bluetooth headset)

2- Your IO Play kit supports being placed in 'Available' mode (e.g you can set the kit to allow incoming connections. The TomTom device can only connect to an external source, it cant be connected TO).

From the sounds of the error message you are receiving, it would seem you are trying to pair the Bluetooth kit as a phone (The required features could not be found for this phone)

To correctly attempt connection you need to Go To Main Menu, Change Preferences, Speaker Preferences. Select the type of Audio you wish to be transmitted via Bluetooth and press Done each time. After doing this, you will then get the option to search for Bluetooth devices at which point your IO kit must be made available for incoming Bluetooth connections.

DrMips Does this help?

Yes!!!!!! Very Happy

Thanks Paul, it does connect the way you explained. It even automatically reconnects the next time you turn the 540 on. Smile
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurrah! (Even though it was exactly the same as Mike's instructions!! Shocked )

Now to convince myself to buy this again...
DrMips
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
Hurrah! (Even though it was exactly the same as Mike's instructions!! Shocked )

Now to convince myself to buy this again...

I think the difference this time is that I turned Bluetooth on first Embarassed

If you don't turn bluetooth on first it doesn't ask you if you want to try and connect to a hifi device.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had mine fitted since the weekend and done about 16 hours driving since.

The handsfree quality of the iO is excellent - much better than the TT. I have mp3s playing on the car head unit via USB, TT instructions interrupt the music and then it automatically switches back.

Tried streaming mp3 audio from the TT to the iO and the quality is very good, but not quite as good as direct from the head unit. It is only really noticeable if you listen for the difference. As the TT seems to speed up and slow down slightly on mp3 playback, plus the annoying glitches in the sound, I will stick with audio from the head unit and just stream the instructions.

To the Audi owner earlier, there is a known issue with Audis and the iO - you need a special SOT lead to solve the no bass problem - something to do with a seperate amp for the rear speakers?

Like Mike, my unit is both HW and SW ver 1.0.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered from Amazon ~£70 Monday night. Arrived 7:15 this morning. Took 40 minutes to fit and test. Brilliant!

Phone calls are brilliantly clear and i no longer get the urge to keep looking at / moving my head towardst the TT when speaking. Plus i don't need the TT to be hands-free.

Using the TT over BT HiFi Audio is good. The sound is much better but it gets annoying when you are listening to something and you have a few instructions one after the other. But then i guess "proper" manufacturer installed Sat Nav will do that too. great to get the Speed Cam alerts over the speakers too...
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another advantage is the Voice Control works better as it cuts the radio before doing it's thing.
carioca1000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings from Brazil,

I have bought the TT 740 and IOPLAY. I have been able to successfully connect a Motorola Z3 with IOPLAY.

But the IOPLAY and TT 740 did not.

On the TT 740 I folowed your instructions and followed your suggested way "Main Menu / Change Preferences / Speaker Preferences". I have selected the audio to be transmitted via Bluetooth and got the answer:

"...
No Hi-Fi devices found

Please make sure your Hi-Fi
device is switched on and visible
to other devices. Do you want to
try again.

No Yes
..."

What did I miss? How do I empty at IOPLAY the devices they have paired? Maybe there is a limited number of paired devices.

The guys who have installed it, have tried IOPLAY first with their cellphones.

Best regards,

Felipe
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Press and hold the red and green buttons for at least 6 seconds with the device powered up, you will hear three beeps from the device when the reset has been completed. Next try pairing the 740 followed by your phone, there is a limit of 5 devices paired with the iO-Play so its a good possibility if the installers have been "playing" with the device that the memory is full! - Mike
carioca1000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Thank you very much, Mikealder! Reply with quote

Mikealder,

Thank you very much for your attention and patience.

I will note your saying because it can be useful later.

But I have solved by reading the 1. question of the FAQ at the IO-PLAY site: http://www.my-io.com/Support/faq.aspx:

"...
Q. I cannot pair my device to iO PLAY?
A: If the device is being paired with iO PLAY for the first time please make sure no other device is connected to iO PLAY. Then try and repair.
..."

Could it be at the installation instructions or "manual" which comes with the set?

At least it worked wonderfully. The best I could have imagined. With the car on, it turns automatically with or witthout the CD player one. What else could I wish!

Best regards from Brazil,

Felipe

mikealder wrote:
Press and hold the red and green buttons for at least 6 seconds with the device powered up, you will hear three beeps from the device when the reset has been completed. Next try pairing the 740 followed by your phone, there is a limit of 5 devices paired with the iO-Play so its a good possibility if the installers have been "playing" with the device that the memory is full! - Mike
carioca1000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Cellpnhone through the TT 740 or IOPLAY? Reply with quote

My iOPLAY now functions only when the car is switched on.

Sometimes my TT 740 looses the connection of my IOPLAY usually switching on the car/iOPLAY.

The easiest way to reconnect is to erase the content of the TT 740 drive and upload the last backup of my TT 740.

My question: is better to operate the cellphone through the TT 740 or directly through the iOPLAY? What are their pros and cons?

Best regards from Brazil,

Felipe
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending upon the phone your TomTom can offer a handy phone book and you can see who is calling you prior to answering, in addition some phones can also have text messages read out by the TomTom. Thats the plus point of the TomTom, on the negative is the poor sound quality/ sound level due to the sound only being available from the built in speaker, occasional lock up of the TomTom while in use for handsfree and a total lack of navigation instructions while in use for hadsfree.

I use the iO-Play for phone as my iPhone and other HTC phones I use can only offer basic handsfree via the TomTom, choice is yours but I prefer the sound through the car speakers even though the car I drive is far from noisy - Mike
carioca1000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikealder,

Thank you very much for your attetnion and patience.

I will stay using my cellphone via iOPLAY then, since text messages I received via the cellphone are rare. The phonebook of the cellphone I can handle even via the cellphone, since I also use it rarely.

The sound of the cellphone via the iOPLAY is really louder and more clear than via th TT 740. I should have bought an 940 instead.

Do you often upload prior versions of the TT 740 drive because the speaker Bluetooth of yr TT 740 malfunctions with the iOPLAY?

Best regards,

Felipe
iwaddo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can currently connect my TT930 to my car stereo using line-out cable but the fact that the TT stops the music to speak drives me nuts, ideally I want to do both at the same time with an option to mix and adjust their respective volume levels.

Can I just double-check which if any of the options below will work with the IP Play?

A - Play music from a TT930 through the IO Play to my car stereo and direct 'Katie' the same way without it interupting the music from my TT.

B - Play music from my iPod connected to my TT930 through the IO Play to my car stereo and direct 'Katie' the same way without it interupting the music from my iPod.

Thank you for your help
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way to get pause free music is to split the sound output between two seperate options, Bluetooth for the Music and Internal speaker for the navigation voice gives you the option for pause free music.

This doesn't offer quite what you are wanting though, if you route both the Nav instructions and music via Bluetooth you don't get the option not to pause the music Crying or Very sad This is a limitation of the TomTom device, I cannot understand why the option for pause free music can't be offered with all speaker output modes.

The same will apply to the iPOD, yes you can route the audio via the BT iO-Play, but to prevent it pausing the music the nav instructions need to go out via any option except Bluetooth - Mike
jpg1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have just bought an iOPlay unit and I;m about to connect it to my car using a set of ISO connection leads to go to my Vauxhall CD30 head unit (on an Astra).

On the wiring loom supplied with the iOPlay, there are two brown wires with connectors that are left loose in the loom and a third with the label "MUTE". I guess this third one is for connecting to my head unit so that the radio gets muted when the music, phone call or TomTom instructions come through the car speakers. But what do the two brown wires connect to?

I know that you need to connect the iOPlay box to a 12V source somewhere in the car (with a 5A fuse) but I'm not sure whether these connectors are for that 12V, 5A supply or not. If so, does it matter which way around they are wired into the 12V supply (polarity)?

I could not find any info about this at all in Mike's original write-up, but these wires are on the iOPlay side of the wiring loom, so presumably this is not just unique to me?

Thanks for any help...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: