Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New McGuider 2009 software update available
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New McGuider 2009 software update available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: New McGuider 2009 software update available Reply with quote

Just checked McGuider Assistant and it appears there is a new version of the app available for McGuider 2009.

Initial observations are

1. The updates wipes out any changes made to your settings, so you have to configure as you did when the device was new - including POI alert preferences.
2. Software version changed to 7.71 Build 4056 - so my thoughts are this make McGuider 2009 the same as Sygic Mobile 2009.
3. Itinerary planning is still the same, with it not being possible to set a start position when there is a gps signal.

I'll be checking again on my way home to see if anything else changes.
NorthRalf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Still stupid routing Reply with quote

There are some new menues regarding routing, but it still want me off the main road and into a longer and slower gravel road throu the woods. And it still suggest a slow and longer (1 hour and 20 minutes longer) on the "fastest" route than on the shortest route between Stavanger and Oslo.
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of interest, which extra menus can you see or have you upgraded a McGuider 2008 (drive 7.5) install? I haven't found anything different in the menus on my Touch HD.
NorthRalf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scarymonkey wrote:
Out of interest, which extra menus can you see or have you upgraded a McGuider 2008 (drive 7.5) install? I haven't found anything different in the menus on my Touch HD.

Choose "navigate to ...", select an address and then I got a new menu which let me choose between nearest parking place, add as favourite, show on map or calculate route. Haven't seen that menu before. My previous version was Mcguider 2009 7.7.
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you do. As I said, I need to play with it later, but do like the on map option. Makes it easier for me to make sure where I am going is in the right kind of place.
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A further update, during my drive home I found the routing to be better when I went off the chosen route. In the past it used to keep trying to get me to return to the initial route for a very long time. This time though it recalculated a different route much sooner.
Also the roundabout bug (where the voice prompt doesn't agree with the actual route) appears to have been fixed - or at least it has for the couple of roundabouts I go round on the way home.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: