Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - I'm probably being dense - max number of POI cats on igo?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm probably being dense - max number of POI cats on igo?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
G1LIW
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: I'm probably being dense - max number of POI cats on igo? Reply with quote

I've searched but no joy (possibly the wrong search terms, Laughing Out Loud), so here's a few questions for you lot Smile

Is there a maximum number of POI files that can be handled by the igo8 software for PDAs?

Have igo fixed the SPECS area recognition problem yet?

Does the latest UK & Ireland map fix the central reading road priorities that happened early last year around the Oracle shopping centre area?

Thanks in advance Smile
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm probably being dense - max number of POI cats on igo Reply with quote

G1LIW wrote:
Have igo fixed the SPECS area recognition problem yet?

No Sad They still think they only come in pairs.
G1LIW
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, thanks Smile

Two questions left Smile Anyone? Smile
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm probably being dense - max number of POI cats on igo Reply with quote

G1LIW wrote:
Is there a maximum number of POI files that can be handled by the igo8 software for PDAs?

Nav'N'Go don't publish a value, it would probably be the same as the database engine that handles the map poi's so it's not going to be a restrictive issue for anyone.

linknet
G1LIW
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks. Here's the problem though: I'm likely to use something like 20-30 POI files on a regular basis over the next year, including the PGPSW UK files; a definitive number would therefore be nice to know - does anyone actually know, or should I approach their sales people and ask (possibly having to wait a while for the answer) Question
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G1LIW wrote:
OK, thanks. Here's the problem though: I'm likely to use something like 20-30 POI files on a regular basis over the next year, including the PGPSW UK files; a definitive number would therefore be nice to know - does anyone actually know, or should I approach their sales people and ask (possibly having to wait a while for the answer) Question

I don't think you'll get a definitive answer, I've tested it with more than 300 categories, it just takes progressively longer to load all the categories in the background. Approximately 2-3 minutes for 300 and of course with only 4 categories per page that's around 80 pages of POI's.

The ultimate limiting factor will almost certainly be the device and not software.

linknet
G1LIW
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, that's good news Smile Thanks - I'm hardly likely to use/load more than 30 or so, Laughing Out Loud Smile

OK, finally, anyone got any info on the latest maps? Have they updated the roads to reflect the new one-way and buses only routes in Reading?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: