Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Built in Media Player
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Built in Media Player

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lez-davies
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Built in Media Player Reply with quote

Hi all

I'm seriously thinking about buying the Satmap Active 10, whilst looking at the spec I see there is a built in media player, but theres not much more info than this. s it any good?, what functions are with it and can it play playlists??

Cheers

Lez
jonesbach
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see the spec you are looking at but as far as I am aware it is not available, unless this is something only on recent machines. Perhaps they intend to bring this out in a software update.
lez-davies
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it seemed odd that I could not find anything abut it on their site, or google search or from the actual manual which I downloaded from the site. I have sent them an email?

Thanks for your response

Lez
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three years ago when I first tried the device out I remember SatMap mentioning an mp3 player and that it would be added to a future software update. I don't think such an addition would be too handy as not only will it hammer the battery life but it would also compromise the waterproof capability of the device.
Still its the Outdoors show on Friday at the NEC so this is something I will ask them about and see what they have to say on the matter - Mike
lez-davies
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Mike

I see your point about batteries being drained and waterproof being compromised, but isn't there a headphone jack on the side? If this is the case then i would have though it would make a pretty good mp3 player, software permitting.

enjoy the show on friday

Lez
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lez-davies wrote:
Many thanks Mike

I see your point about batteries being drained and waterproof being compromised, but isn't there a headphone jack on the side? If this is the case then i would have though it would make a pretty good mp3 player, software permitting.

enjoy the show on friday

Lez

Isn't the headphone socket under the flap with the mini-USB connector? Using the socket would certainly render it not water-proof
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'media player' aspect of the Active 10 refers to the 'Multimedia Points of Interest'...points of interest would have little movie or sound clips or photos & text attached which you could view on screen...perhaps like a digital version of the splendid Treasures Of Britain book....a feature which is mentioned prominently on the box mine arrived in in October 2007 but has yet to materialise. It was never intended to play music or films.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: