Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Pleasantly surprised so far
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Pleasantly surprised so far

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Balderovich
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Pleasantly surprised so far Reply with quote

Had my Satmap for a couple of days and pleased to see many of the historically reported problems seem to have gone. Very user friendly device and already planned some simple test trips, downloaded some routes and previewed them in GPS Visualiser. Bike mount very sturdy and having Satmap encourages heading off to 'see where that ends up' without being totally unprepared.
Can anyone tell me where my 'red dots' are however ? Switching on, inserting the card (no route activated) and starting out do not produce the 'snail trail' I understood the user manual said would be visible
Grateful any info
Balderovich
Bosun
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balderovich,

On the GPS Map page,press the Left Upper soft key to give the Position Info page.

The Bottom Right key then gives the choice of A Big Red Blob Trail,A Small Red Blob Trail or None at All.

Hope this Is Of Assistance,

Ian
jonesbach
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Pleasantly surprised so far Reply with quote

Balderovich wrote:
...starting out do not produce the 'snail trail' I understood the user manual said would be visible.....

If you mean the drift as the unit acquired lock, it has been fixed with 1.3 providing that you have pressed stop on data logging before turning off. For some reason the start/stop logging status is not volatile and if you switch off with data logging running it will start with data logging running though I haven't tested to see if that will create a snail trail.
Balderovich
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Dotty again Reply with quote

Thanks for prompt advice.
Ian's suggestion has restored my trail
Will experiment with data logging

B

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: