Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT7 7.910(9185) on VGA - Small POI's
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT7 7.910(9185) on VGA - Small POI's
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I an sure the last Map for TTN6 was 6.75 1409 full stop, and as far as am aware the only Navteq maps were for western Europe, although i maybe corrected:
Quote:

Western Europe: V650 Build:1047 917Mb
Western Europe V660 Build 1223 856Mb
Western Europe V660 Build 1256 907Mb (Navteq)
Western Europe V675 Build 1322 912Mb (Navteq)
Western Europe V675 Build 1409 922Mb
Western and Central Europe V650 Build 1052 1.55Gb
Western and Central Europe V675 Build 1409 1.67Gb
UK and IE plus major roads of WE V660 Build 1223 214Mb
UK and IE plus major roads of WE V675 Build 1409 246Mb

I believe all those not marked as Navteq are all TeleAtlas, please feel free to correct me, these are the only ones i have checked??
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ive also noticed that the `keep left/right` instructions are at almost every corner on the A23 including a cafe layby!, which i would find very annoying!

You can do some good things in mapshare, perhaps not how Tomtom intended, but they are very handy for updating maps like putting no entries at end of a road that disapeared 6yrs ago, cant say it would handle things like above that may need sometime, but the voices to me are background noise unless i am near something i am looking for.
mpwilson99
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has there been a Navteq map since WE 6.75? - used on other units on v7 or 8 etc? ( not just ttn6 )
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not have thought so, i would imagine tomtom already had their eye well on Teleatlas in the V6 era.
Quantum
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

st1967 wrote:
It is a shame Tom Tom have abandoned the PDA users. Reading between the lines it seems piracy is to blame, but surely that is their own fault for not bullet proofing the system enough. At the end of the day Tom Tom made it's name from the PDA users it has now dropped.

Laughing Out Loud, well I have always bought TomTom, for reasons of integrity, up until they dropped support for PDAs. Their all-in-ones stupidly are *all* oriented horizontally; I don't care what's side-to-side, I care what's out ahead! My iPaq 4705 still does a wonderful job.

And my version 5 North American maps were horribly out of date. So thank you TomTom (sarcastically), you have forced me into piracy, along with many many others, but I do not consider this wrong as you leave me no alternative.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quantum wrote:
And my version 5 North American maps were horribly out of date. So thank you TomTom (sarcastically), you have forced me into piracy, along with many many others, but I do not consider this wrong as you leave me no alternative.

Whilst we wholeheartedly agree that TT's stance in respect of their navigator product has been frustrating at best, we take a very strict line on piracy and discussion thereof and will not tolerate it.

Can I therefore ask you to abide by that please. Further discussion in this vein will result in a ban.
Captain_Eric
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Worked on a TyTn II Reply with quote

Guys/gals:

Someone asked a long way back if this download worked on a TyTn II. I put it on my ATT Tilt and downloaded one free (Warsaw) map without any problems.

It's better software than Navigator 6, corrects problems, adds features. I like it.

But I have some questions:

+ I don't see any North American maps available. Right?
+ I lose my "favorites" when every I soft reset. Correction ideas?

I want to download the big all inclusive Western, Central and Eastern Europe map (not cheap at $150 bucks), but I'm having credit card problems, or so it says. Before I give it another try, does anybody have an opinion on the quality of these maps in general and in Eastern Europe in particular?

Eric
Captain_Eric
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Guys, now I've done it.

I have a ATT Tilt (HTC Tytn II) and TomTom home won't let me install maps, even after I paid for them.

I paid for a Central and Eastern Europe Map 8.25 on the UK TomTom site. (Long story short, TomTom-US said I needed to do it this way.) TomTom Home, now says it won't let me download them because my device is not compatible.

Can TomTom home sense my ATT Tilt and block it? After I paid for it? After I trialed the free Warsaw city map (and it worked beautifully)?

Grrrr.

I noted others have used TT7 with other devices. Has anyone purchased maps (other than one free local city map) and got it to download?

Any work arounds?

Thanks in advance.
Fuego
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can change the device type that TT Home thinks it has and get the map downloaded. Once it's downloaded, you can get it onto your device and then activate it through TT7, from what I read a while back.
Captain_Eric
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuego wrote:
I think you can change the device type that TT Home thinks it has and get the map downloaded. Once it's downloaded, you can get it onto your device and then activate it through TT7, from what I read a while back.

Thanks Fuego!

But I can't figure out how to change the device type in TomTom Home. It seems that TomTom Home sensed my device (HTC-8900, which I beleive is ATT Tilt) automagically. Or am I missing something?.

Is it that this download works only with Touch Diamond products? I certainly hope not!

Anyone with assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Eric
Fuego
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try uninstalling TT Home and removing any settings. Then reinstall and specifiy a suitable standalone (non PDA) TT device. It'll probably treat the device as a flash card, so you may need a card reader to get the map onto.
Captain_Eric
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuego wrote:
Try uninstalling TT Home and removing any settings. Then reinstall and specifiy a suitable standalone (non PDA) TT device. It'll probably treat the device as a flash card, so you may need a card reader to get the map onto.

Thanks Fuego.

Should I just go to CoPilot? (or something else the community recommends)?

Turns out, the link shown at the beginning of this thread is now shown as "suspicious" by Symantec-Norton Anti-Virus. So, it's probably not TomTom at all (or am I foolishly the last to realize this?) Is this a scam?

In any case, is TomTom Navigator worth all the trouble?
spct5000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: TomTom Loyalty Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Quantum wrote:

Whilst we wholeheartedly agree that TT's stance in respect of their navigator product has been frustrating at best, we take a very strict line on piracy and discussion thereof and will not tolerate it.

Can I therefore ask you to abide by that please. Further discussion in this vein will result in a ban.

I understand your need to keep your forum clean of piracy issues, so let me first make it clear that I don't have the time or desire to search for pirated answers to my problem.

However, TomTom should be aware that their own behaviour is hardly what you would expect of a reputable supplier in most industries. What if you bought a new Ford and a few months later found you couldn't get parts to get it fixed? Not a perfect analogy maybe, but over the past few years I've bought full price legitimate versions of Navigator 3, 5 and 6. Three months ago I upgraded to an HTC Touch HD, which won't take my version of Nav 6. I've been through the very great pain of contacting TomTom support, who really aren't interested. Most of their questions seem to start from the assumption that I'm likely to be trying to screw them in some way or other - it's a bit like being called a shoplifter as soon as you walk into the shop. Maybe there's a way round it - some people recommend an earlier version of Nav 6 - but TomTom don't care.

I'm sorry if TomTom have problems with piracy. But software companies always have, so why did they go into the market in the first place? And having done so, why do they think it acceptable to dump genuine customers who have paid them good money for (and I have to admit this reluctantly now) a fine product, assuming that it would be reasonably future-proof?

So, I'll look at other alternative navigation software that might run on my Touch HD. Garmin Mobile looked hopeful, but it's confined to the pre-loaded mini-SD card, which means I'd have to replace the 16GB card in my TouchHD, so lose access to all that data. Any other suggestions?

And if I can't find a software solution, then maybe I'll buy a stand alone satnav. But will it be a TomTom? I doubt it.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom Loyalty Reply with quote

spct5000 wrote:
So, I'll look at other alternative navigation software that might run on my Touch HD.

And that is the best action, vote with your wallet.
Quote:
Garmin Mobile looked hopeful, but it's confined to the pre-loaded mini-SD card, which means I'd have to replace the 16GB card in my TouchHD, so lose access to all that data. Any other suggestions?

Sygic/McGuider is gathering a growing band of devotees. It's sufficiently good that I am considering the purchase of a new PocketPC after a number of years away so I can run it!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: