Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom 8.25 Maps released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom 8.25 Maps released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alwyn1 wrote:
I took out the update subscription for my 920 and it asked to download and install the new maps a couple of hours ago so I did now like a previous member I get the message"maps cannot be used on this device" as my 920 is the only one I've connected to tomtom home where am I going wrong?
Help please.
Have also tried to restore to a backup done last week and I cannot get my UK and Ireland map back.
Wo is me I need the damn thing for work on Monday. Have contacted TomTom for help. I would assume they're gonna be very busy.

What Navcore version are you running - it needs to be 8.300 or 8.301 to run the new maps.

Seeing as both of those versions are full of bugs I would suggest using 8.320, but if you want to get the maps on the device let HOME install 8.301 and then put 8.320 on later.

Andy
alwyn1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="AndyVaughan"]
alwyn1 wrote:
I took out the update subscription for my 920 and it asked to download and install the new maps a couple of hours ago so I did now like a previous member I get the message"maps cannot be used on this device" as my 920 is the only one I've connected to tomtom home where am I going wrong?
Help please.
Have also tried to restore to a backup done last week and I cannot get my UK and Ireland map back.
Wo is me I need the damn thing for work on Monday. Have contacted TomTom for help. I would assume they're gonna be very busy.

What Navcore version are you running - it needs to be 8.300 or 8.301 to run the new maps.

Seeing as both of those versions are full of bugs I would suggest using 8.320, but if you want to get the maps on the device let HOME install 8.301 and then put 8.320 on later.

Its saying version 8.301.
How do I get 8.302?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy3090 wrote:
Just updated to 8.25 maps then downloaded 10,037 mapshare corrections Shocked

How can that be ??

gatorguy6996 wrote:
That would be odd indeed. . . unless what TT has done is integrated the mapshare changes they said would finally be included with update as just that: Mapshare changes. Very strange. Can anyone else confirm the same?

Yes, one HERE

So maybe they haven't used the Mapshare corrections on the actual map (like I think they said they would for this one), but they HAVE ported across the corrections from one to the next, which they've never done before?
zzr1200
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alwyn1 wrote:
Help please.

That's the sames for me on my 720. I'm running App 8.301 and have just downloaded the new 8.25 maps.

Home offered the map update for me, I took it and now when I try to select the new map I get the following message:

Problem with map
You cannot use this map on this device:
Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB-26

I was running 8.15 W&CE fine but 8.25 which home offered won't work.

TomTom customer service here I come.

Evil or Very Mad
alwyn1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.
Just had this from Tomtom. Give them their due they were soon back to me.

Dear Mr Flinton,

Thank you for your query regarding your map download.

We currently cannot offer you an immediate suitable solution for this problem. We escalated this to a supervisor to have your account reset so you can redownload the map.

We hope to have an answer for you as soon as possible, please bear with us while we find a solution for your query.

With Best Regards

TomTom Customer Support Team
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the map activation has gone a bit haywire!

You will have to wait on TT support.

Instructions on how to install 8.320 can be found here

Andy
navver
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presumably every one will still have to remember to save their MapSettings.cfg file and copy it back in order to keep their favourites, unless TT have fixed this stupid bug.

It could just be done with a few extra lines in the Home coding.
Tommy3090
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navver wrote:
Presumably every one will still have to remember to save their MapSettings.cfg file ...... unless TT have fixed this stupid bug.

That's standard policy for TT updates Wink

Up to date maps & bug free software if only Surprised
Western Europe map version v895.4453
PGPSW Camera Alert
zzr1200
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alwyn1 wrote:
Hi.
Just had this from Tomtom. Give them their due they were soon back to me.

Dear Mr Flinton,

Thank you for your query regarding your map download.

We currently cannot offer you an immediate suitable solution for this problem. We escalated this to a supervisor to have your account reset so you can redownload the map.

We hope to have an answer for you as soon as possible, please bear with us while we find a solution for your query.

With Best Regards

TomTom Customer Support Team

Same for me!!! They have asked me to bear with them whilst they move this to the 2nd line.

In fairness, I put my complaint in on Sat morning and got a reply back by Sat afternoon. That's certainly an improvement in customer service at TT!!!

I've just reloaded my original master back-up onto an SD card and am using that to boot my 720 at the moment. I forgot just how quick this thing used to route before IQ routing. I also have my compass pointing to destiation back. Progress is a wonderful thing isn't it....
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom 8.25 Maps released Reply with quote

MrT wrote:
News Team wrote:
The map store also now makes it easier to see what changes have been made in the maps themselves

I must be missing something as I cannot see anything telling me the difference between 8.15 & 8.25. Can you point me in the right direction?

Sorry, that is a misunderstanding on my part. The changes are to the map store to make identifying and purchasing a new map easier. Apols all Embarassed
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy3090 wrote:

Up to date maps & bug free software if only Surprised

I and most TT users would settle for one of the two. Up to date maps OR working software!

iPhone 12
keithmillar
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just updated my 530. I now have app 8.301 and v825.2157.
So far everything is working OK

Garmin 3598LTM-D
Android CoPilot
Navigon 72 Plus Live
TTGO540
mda271
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad

I've just updated my map to v8.25 Western Europe on my 720T device via Home 2.6, when I go and select the Western Europe map, I get the following error:

Problem with map
You cannot use this map on this
device: Western_Europe-26

Weird thing is, Home thinks that I have 2 different 720T devices, when I don't, only got the 1 and always have.

Anyone else got this issue?? Already emailed their Support Team but guessing, they may come back to me on Monday/Tuesday, bit of a nightmare when I use my TT daily, can't restore back to previous map as my Laptop HDD got corrupted...
sjh4
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

updated map on my 920t, and the MapSettings.cfg issue reoccurred again!!! why cant tom tom get this bug fixed
zzr1200
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mda271 wrote:
Mad

I've just updated my map to v8.25 Western Europe on my 720T device via Home 2.6, when I go and select the Western Europe map, I get the following error:

Problem with map
You cannot use this map on this
device: Western_Europe-26

Weird thing is, Home thinks that I have 2 different 720T devices, when I don't, only got the 1 and always have.

Anyone else got this issue?? Already emailed their Support Team but guessing, they may come back to me on Monday/Tuesday, bit of a nightmare when I use my TT daily, can't restore back to previous map as my Laptop HDD got corrupted...

I have the same error: Home states I have a differnet device at first, then I get the same error.

Thankfully I have managed to load my origianl master backup onto an SD card and am using that until TT sort out the 8.25 map. The only difference I have from you is that I have the W&CE maps

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: