Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - speed camera
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

speed camera

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sickboyrobbo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:08 am    Post subject: speed camera Reply with quote

hi can someone please give me any advise i have blaupunkt t/pilot easy and have turned on visual and audible warnings but nothing happens as i aproach or go through speed cameras,no sound/visible warning. i have noticed that the option to turn on speed camera warning only appears once it has estabished satalite connection. is it possible that it only works on activated speed cameras ,or does it just not work ,have i done something wrong ?.any advice please.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it state it comes with a speedcam database? Having the facility to alert does not mean it actually has one installed?
sickboyrobbo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi yes i think it has database although not 100% sure, it uses igo8 and on front of box says speed camera warnings DACH .the DACH part has a cross through it,.( sat nav maps uk/ireland). thanks hope you can help, any advice welcome. if it needs database is it possible to load on to SD CARD ? or any otherway to load it on blaupunkt travelpilot easy as it is not listed on the supported sat navs on your database, thanks again. . . . ps i noticed on my sat nav files it has ....."speedcamera update.spud." ......i'm not that computer literate so i don't really understand ?does that mean it should have database ?or is it just a file to allow it to be installed?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the .spud file IS used by iGo8

you should be able to use the iGO database from our site and follow the instructions for igo8 here: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras-igo-myguide-oncourse_navigator.php

let us know how you get on and if it works we can add details to our compatibility page.

MaFt
sickboyrobbo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello thanks for advice i have downloaded database for igo8 and installed without any problems. my sat nav is Blaupunkt travelpilot easy if you want to add it to compatibility page Very Happy
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will do. cheers

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: