Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ever wondered which Maps works with your TomTom Software?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ever wondered which Maps works with your TomTom Software?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: More compatibility Reply with quote

tvdwouw wrote:

I recently bought a Tomtomt XL HD Traffic which is not yet listed: software version 7.301 (8636).

Can you double-check that software version please? I've never heard of it, and it certainly doesn't sound like what would be supplied on the machine from new.

to check, don't use Home. Tap the signal strength bars, then tap the box with the version number in and read the full version off the next screen.
portman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just updated my 510 to v7.900 and map 660.1219 works with it.
Now hopefully i can get map v815 under map guarantee!!
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this table which may be of use. Source url and author removed due to site content, but a job well done. Sorry its a bit big, but that's for clarity.

Table removed following discussion with Admin/ Moderators, the general feeling is this advertises/ assists with map piracy and as such is not something we allow - Mike Alder
billyking
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this combination is working on my nokia
app ver 6.020 8300 and map benelux v605.0

the table above can be found at
Admin Edit: Link to unsuitable website removed. PaulB2005
Laughing Laughing Laughing
give him credit for a job well done
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billyking wrote:
his combination is working on my nokia
app ver 6.020 8300 and map benelux v605.0

the table above can be found at
Admin Edit: Link to unsuitable website removed. PaulB2005

give him credit for a job well done

And as a reminder which shouldn't be necessary, we're easy going here but discussion of piracy or posting links to forums who steal such as that is a big No-No and will get you a very quick ban.

On the plus side 5mins browsing there has just ID'd a member who has now been banned.
Faucet
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

APP9639
Western Europe 1GB V815.2024
Working No problems
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faucet wrote:
APP9639

Do you have the full number for that please Faucet?

Normally there is a version number (such as v8.300) and a four figure build number - such as: v8.300 (build 9732)

I only ask, because I'm a bit of a train spotter and collect version numbers, but I've never heard of a build 9639!

(I know of a 9369 which is v8.010 for the ONE and ONE XL models)
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mullet wrote:
I found this table which may be of use. Source url and author removed due to site content, but a job well done. Sorry its a bit big, but that's for clarity.

I am very surprised that this type of thing should be allowed. If you cannot show the web site, how can you show there work.

I see the web site has been removed, but surly you are stealing someone’s intellectual property rights, and that’s okay is it.
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pocketgps wrote:

I am very surprised that this type of thing should be allowed. If you cannot show the web site, how can you show there work.

So, must everyone provide a link to each and every copy and paste job posted here?

The compiler is a serial poster of pirated maps. Pirated sound files and the PGPSW database are also posted. I chose not to link to the source for reasons I thought were plain and obvious to understand.

Pocketgps wrote:
I see the web site has been removed, but surly you are stealing someone’s intellectual property rights, and that’s okay is it.

If this is true I will stand corrected. I am prepared to delete the v815 table and I will not post the v825 table.

Perhaps I should just paste in "All trademarks and brands are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners" and post anyone's material?

Pocketgps, Does your reasoning not apply to the TomTom logo in your signature? or "that's okay is it."
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is another version of this table recently posted in the forum, having looked at this earlier today I think it is nothing but a list of map versions that can be obtained illegaly but made to work with specific versions of Navcore on devices they were not intended for.

Lets face it if you have a x20 or x30 and you recently update it using TomTom Home to v825 maps you will only be offered a single specific build of map - if its not the v825.2157 then something isn't quite right and I would question where the map came from - Mike
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think the compilation was made for the reasons you state. However the post was intended in the spirit of the OP.

Further, I have seen several post on this site where the question has been asked "does map v xxxx" have IQ routes or lane guidance?

This would provide the reference.
G1LIW
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PPC running TTv6.
App Ver 6.010 (7720)
Map: UK & RoI v675.1409

Semi OT:

Note that the map is over two years old. TomTom have yet to supply any form of reason why, as they are not releasing a later retail version, they have not released an updated map.

No histrionics here: my views are well published in this regard, but the above's another reason to migrate to a more pro-active and helpful SatNav software solution provider, imnsho.

OT:

Since I'm looking to replace my iPaq with something a bit more up-to-date with increased capability, I'm likely as not gonna move over to CoPilot, or something similar, once the new phone is procured. That may be next week, next month, or even next August. I'm holding out on the HTC TouchPro2, but might be swayed to the dark side again for another make of WM PPC phone ;)

Anyhow, the moral of this missive? Simple. It's a message to TomTom's board of less than impressive directors (not that they'll bother reading this, of course)... TomTom, I'm not the only one abandoning you, and you've only got yourselves to blame.

Last edited by G1LIW on Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mullet wrote:

The compiler is a serial poster of pirated maps. Pirated sound files and the PGPSW database are also posted.

Pocketgps, Does your reasoning not apply to the TomTom logo in your signature? or "that's okay is it."

With a five min search on google everyone can find that web site, and curiosity will have many doing just that. So now they have a free lead to one of the worst types of web sites around.

You condone the web site (and rightly so) but USE its data, that's my point.

I don't think that me using the TT logo etc is the same at all. My web site offers genuine add-ons for use with TT. I'm not stealing or using anyone else’s data, just trying to help other users with some ideas. So "that's okay is it" YES.
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pocketgps wrote:

With a five min search on google everyone can find that web site, and curiosity will have many doing just that.

Do you not agree you played a major part in that by choosing to comment on a post that was made six weeks previous?

Quote:
You condone the web site (and rightly so) but USE its data, that's my point.

No, you have changed direction. The point you made was accusing me of stealing intellectual property.

Quote:
I don't think that me using the TT logo etc is the same at all

Well you wouldn't would you Rolling Eyes
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mullet wrote:

Do you not agree you played a major part in that by choosing to comment on a post that was made six weeks previous?

Did not realise it was six weeks ago. But what has time got to do with the facts.

Mullet wrote:
No, you have changed direction. The point you made was accusing me of stealing intellectual property.

I have not changed direction. The point I was making and still is using information from such a place. But then again I was not the one who had searched for it. Or perhaps you are a regular user of that site. The original image has got copyright all over it, so you are either the original author of the image or must have spent quite some time removing the copyright. Say no more.

PocketGps wrote:
I don't think that me using the TT logo etc is the same at all

Mullet wrote:
Well you wouldn't would you Rolling Eyes

What has my use of the TT logo got to do with this. I must be missing something.

Let people make there own minds up. If I am wrong then so be it.

Shall not comment on this further regardless of any reply from you Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19

Jump to: