Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - BT & TT3 again..not the usual though!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

BT & TT3 again..not the usual though!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ali
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: BT & TT3 again..not the usual though! Reply with quote

Firstly I don’t believe this a TT issue but I think TT3 has caused this problem but hopefully someone can help me out.

Received my copy of TT3 and installed it last night this was problem free.
When I try to turn on the Bluetooth I get the following message

“ Bluetooth could not be correctly initialized. “ The dialogue box is headed BTTrayCE.

Then I try to open the BT manager I get the following message

The Bluetooth radio failed to turn ON due to insufficient driver memory available. You must perform a normal reset before a normal reset before you can turn ON the Bluetooth radio.” Dialogue box headed BT manager.

The previous message then appears in a second window overlaying the BT manager message.

I can open BT settings OK.

Everything was ok until TT3 was installed, it’s an ipaq 2210 running version 3.0 and I have tried soft resets.
a4ace
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try uninstalling tomtom ~gps once. it had worked in ttn2 but i'm not sure with ttn3.
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem,as a4ace says try removing TomTom~GPS only once and then you get BT back again,it worked on mine

cheers trevor
Iphone x 64gb IOS 11.3.1 / IPhone 6 Plus 32gb IOS 12 beta /Volkswagen Scirocco R 280 bhp /Suzuki Vitara swb vvt+ /Suzuki Jimny special/running Apple Mac Mini / Apple air/ iPhone x /6 plus navigation / Apple car-play
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i get this form time to time and just soft reset this usually works

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
HairlessHeart
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

What do you do if you have this problem and want to use a bluetooth GPS receiver? Do you simply re-install TomTom~GPS?

Cheers
hogbreath
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the time it's quicker to start again from a hard reset....if problems persist.

You mighy like to try installing just the wizard and gps 2.07 once only, if you're upgrading to 3.01(409/2) don't install gps 3.02 or the wizard,just ttn at least that's what i did and it's been fine so far, have yet to go on a long run with it, but green light so far!

Pete 8)
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HairlessHeart wrote:
Hi

What do you do if you have this problem and want to use a bluetooth GPS receiver? Do you simply re-install TomTom~GPS?

Cheers

Since v2.08 TomTom install two GPS Driver Components, the 'TomTom~GPS' entry is there to lock the BT com Port so that TomTom has exclusive access. It was supposed to reduce BT issues but has instead frustrated users who also have other GPS apps that require access to BT!

All that removing it does is it releases the lock so that other apps can access the BT Port, it does not prevent TomTom from working or accessing BT Thumbs Up
Whitebeam
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get this every now and then when syncing, never seen it with GPS / TT3 though.

I can usually recover it by Turning Bluetooth OFF then retrying Bluetooth manager (sometimes have to try twice). Last resort, reset always works.

I believe there is a memory leak in the Bluetooth software on my 2210 - I usually get this problem after syncing a few times. I also note that the Wisabar memory indicator jumps up a bit (more free memory) when I finally get it working again.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: