Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Adding Speed Cameras to ZE-NC520 and nav n go
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Adding Speed Cameras to ZE-NC520 and nav n go

View previous topic :: View next topic  
weewillie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:19 am    Post subject: Adding Speed Cameras to ZE-NC520 and nav n go Reply with quote

Hi , I have purchased a ZE-NC520 naviceiver which is "powered by nav n go"....i wish to add speed cameras to this unit..i have copied in the speed camera txt file...the unit took about 5-6 minutes on first boot...now.the speed camera icons are visible on the maps..but i have no menu functions to enable audio warnings...after reading around , im assuming i should add diffrent skin to the memory card..as this unit isnt a PDA im not sure which version of skin i should be using to add the camera audio warning to the menu...i think this unit uses nav n go igo8. This is the unit i have http://www.zenec.com/index.php?id=123&L=1 .Thers no mention of speed cameras in the instruction manual...the only function in the warning menu is "over the speed limit"..Many Thanks in advance.WiLLy[/url]
mxmaciek
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willy: with standard iGo UI, Gods knows only why, in some cases the menu position for the speed camera warnings is disappearing from the warnings submenu. In most cases, if you want to activate "beeps", you'll have to input the route, then set the unit into route simulation, and during that go to settings, warnings, and you shall see the necessary menu position. Of course, you should be able to do it with the GPS position fixed and any route selected, I mean in navigation mode.
Remember, that without proper skin which supports it, you speedcam warnings will be beep only. If you want something more, you have to download skin and proper Lang warnings files.

Hope it will help.
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mxmaciek wrote:
Willy: with standard iGo UI, Gods knows only why, in some cases the menu position for the speed camera warnings is disappearing from the warnings submenu.

Speed camera warnings are illegal in some countries, notably Switzerland, so it needs a GPS fix to ensure you are in a country where it is legal before the menus are enabled.

linknet
weewillie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:02 am    Post subject: Zenec Cams Reply with quote

Much Appreciate your replys guys....i looked into downloading skins etc etc...but ones i have downed so far mention "igo8" directory....my directory structure doesnt mention igo8 at all...the unit is definilty powered by nav n go.it says so on the box...the menus on the screen have that igo8 "look\" about them....but no igo8 directory on memory card...i will try to run a simulation and see if i can see the camera settings appear in the warnings section...will update soon as ive had a play.cheers WiLLy
weewillie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Zenec Cams Reply with quote

and what you said linknet is probably correct , these units i think originated in germany, but are starting to appear in the UK.so maybe cam menu is not in the firmware and i do need to re-skin it..to enable menus...once ive worked out exactly what it is running ie igo8 or whatever version of nav n go it is.:(thanks again
mym3csl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any update on this guys?
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the standard IGO skin, you need a GPS fix before the speedcam menu options are available as per Linknet's post above

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: