Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SatMap Route Planner and Route Share - Beta Trial Invitation
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SatMap Route Planner and Route Share - Beta Trial Invitation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johno99
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johno99 wrote:
Hi
Ive tried every combination of serial number to log on.No luck. Do you type in the hyphens as well? Mind you Ive tried that as well!

John

Thanks, I was punching in the wrong number! now I'll try playing!

John
nicka7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone having a problem with saving a GPX file from the route planner?

I plot a route on the route planner and then go to download the GPX file to my PC prior to importing it via Satsync to my A10.

When I click on the green arrow to download the GPX file to the PC, the save box pops up but instead of saving the route as a GPX file it saves it as as an XML document file and I’m not given the option of saving it as a GPX file.

I can import this XML document file to the Active 10 and it is showing up as having been saved on the units internal memory by Satsync, but it does not show up in the selection of routes on the actual device (and yes I do re start the A10 after importing the file).

I'm using XP Pro sp2.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Nick
Activator
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this......After downloading it, don't edit the name of the file before importing it onto the a10. I think that just changes it to a xml document.
You can edit the title later.
nicka7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that.
I've tried it both ways.
1. Not entering any route name in the save box and letting it save as the default name and
2. actually naming the route.
Both times it saves on the PC as a xml document file.
In the file type box beneth the save name on the save pop up box i'm only offered 'xml document' or 'all files' as options, not gpx. Are others being offered 'gpx' as a file type option when saving? Or is it supposed to be saved as an XML document file and converted to gpx by Satsync when importing to the a10?
Nick
nonoftheabove
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Rob 1972 wrote
Doesn't appear to be case sensitive...used it the other day in lower case without a problem and just tried it again in lower and it's still ok.

Well i tried to register with Satmap NOT using upper case and it wouldnt allow me in ; tried several times- correct number in both instances
tried upper case bingo no problem
terry8
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nick I like you have been having problems downloading routes from the route planner to my Active 10. The only way I have managed it is to download the route to Memory Map, then right click on the route and transfer it to a GPX file. Then it is a simple matter of importing it into Satsync and from there to the Active 10. Quite a long winded way of doing it but it works, whether I will lose any details by doing it this way I am not sure (elevation). It is a pity you can not download from the planner directly into Satsync

Terry
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nonoftheabove wrote:
Quote:
Rob 1972 wrote
Doesn't appear to be case sensitive...used it the other day in lower case without a problem and just tried it again in lower and it's still ok.

Well i tried to register with Satmap NOT using upper case and it wouldnt allow me in ; tried several times- correct number in both instances
tried upper case bingo no problem

Well perhaps it's dependent on what case you originally registered it....because it works in lower case again for me today.
4ndynorfolk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terry8 wrote:
Hi Nick I like you have been having problems downloading routes from the route planner to my Active 10. The only way I have managed it is to download the route to Memory Map, then right click on the route and transfer it to a GPX file. Then it is a simple matter of importing it into Satsync and from there to the Active 10. Quite a long winded way of doing it but it works, whether I will lose any details by doing it this way I am not sure (elevation). It is a pity you can not download from the planner directly into Satsync

Terry

I have not had any problem.

It could have something to do with where you save the downloaded route (too many levels of subdirectory or string length of path too long). I have seen that before in other applicaions.

I save the file to my desktop, without renaming and import into Satsync and save on the Acive 10.

I then edit the name on the device.

You cannot save directly from the internet to the Active 10.

The other thing is I don't have Memory Map. I don't understand how, but this looks like a possible link.

Hope that helps.
nicka7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 4ndynorfolk

I also save file direct to desktop without naming file. It saves as 'route_title.xml'. When you save to desktop does your file save as 'route_title.xml' or route_title.gpx?

I have tried downloading route on 3 separate computers, one running Vista Ultimate and 2 with XP pro sp2 and all save file as an xml document.

Terry8, thanks for your reply. It's interesting you are also experiencing problems and have found a way to solve it. Unfortunately i don't have memory map to convert the file.

Nick
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two points occur to me:

- Upper/Lower Case for serial no - logging onto routeplanner site is not case sensitive, it was my original unit registration which was;

- as a quick test I set up a route and pressed the green arrow icon ('download route in gpx format ...') and it certainly offered to download it in gpx format as expected.
nicka7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it offers to download file in gpx format, but when I actually save file it saves it as xml document format not as .gpx.
Nick
4ndynorfolk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried downloading in three different ways:

Green arrow from file selection, green arrow from the map page and also one of the shared routes from the other website. All came as GPX.

So I honestly don't know.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a general problem for you nicka7, or are you trying ONE specific route? If just one, is it easy to describe it for someone else to try in case there's some quirk with it?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you need to report this issue to SatMap and when you do so please include the web browser name and version numbers in addition to your PC's operating system, feedback such as this is exactly why the application is being tested - Mike
Mike777
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all

Does this application has the option to follow the road when plottting a route ?

Many thanks

mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: