Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Satmap Wishlist - Deprecated (pre v.1400)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Satmap Wishlist - Deprecated (pre v.1400)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bosun wrote:
Entering each cache and naming by hand is a bit laborious.

Ian, have a read through This Thread, I worked out a way of semi automating this, its not ideal but its certainly quicker than entering loads of coordinates on the device - Mike

PS If you need the file I mention in the linked thread let me know (use the e-mail button below this post), and I can send it by return.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bosun wrote:
It would be handy if geocaches could be downloaded from geocaching.com direct to the A10 as you can with the Garmin.

Ian

That's an issue for Geocaching.com not Satmap. As it's a niche device still its unlikely they will wish to provide files in its format just yet.
Gibbo10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bosun wrote:
It would be handy if geocaches could be downloaded from geocaching.com direct to the A10 as you can with the Garmin.

Ian

Have you every tried the software from GSAK.net - free trial for thirty days but I guarantee that you will pay the £10 subscription afterwards - try it. You can create pocket queries if your a premium member and upload them in to the satmap in about 30 seconds
ian2u
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Satmap lanyard fixing Reply with quote

The holes you are meant thread the lanyard through are too small. As a consequence the lanyard has to have very thin threads at the ends.

It would be better to have wider holes to allow thicker and stronger cord to be used.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Satmap lanyard fixing Reply with quote

ian2u wrote:
The holes you are meant thread the lanyard through are too small. As a consequence the lanyard has to have very thin threads at the ends.

It's not difficult to thread the supplied lanyard through the holes?
ian2u
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: Satmap lanyard fixing Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
ian2u wrote:

It's not difficult to thread the supplied lanyard through the holes?

That's easy enough - its just that the lanyard is much too thin at the end because the holes are too small and so the ends of the lanyard will fray or break too easily. No point in having thick wide lanyard strap if its a thin thread that actually makes the connection.

The rest of the unit has had a lot of thought gone into it, much more than most GPS handsets, but you would think for something designed to be rugged for use in a harsh environment using a thread less than 0.75mm dia to secure it is not sensible.
LostMike
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using mine several times a week for over a year and I'm glad to say that the supplied lanyard shows no sign of fraying.
Satsync 1.525
4ndynorfolk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't like the supplied lanyard on two counts, firsty I found it stiff and prickly against the skin. secondlly I didn't like all the metal clips and rings rubbing against my new toy.

Instead, I bought two medium weight, soft lanyards from the mobile phone stall on the market (intended for phones or small cameras) for £1.50 each. I threaded one through the other to give a long lanyard with the little clip in loops on either end. I found this works much better. I use the supplied lanyard on the supplied case.

Beware the lanyards that have been got at by the health and safety people. They are designed to break if tugged and therefore serve no useful purpose.
Rogerfrit
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my wishlist are-

1/ I would like to be able to "draw" on the maps somehow - outline areas of interest or similar

2/ I think it would be good if Satmap could rent out 1/25,000 mapcards. For example, I am visiting the Lakes this year, and would love a 1/25000 mapcard, but can't justify buying one for just one visit. Renting one for a weekend/week/fortnight may be useful?

Roger
Bosun
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent though your idea is,sanctioning the on-line mappig appears to be stretching the OS.

Licensing a map swap would have them in a real tizz.

Ian
Rogerfrit
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and another one.
Yesterday I was entering POI into my TomTom using the TomTom Home software, and using my PC to operate the TomTom.
It would be great to be able to do this with the Satmap.
Using a mouse rather than the joystick, and a keyboard rather than the tme consuming scrolling we have to do now.
Just a thought......................

Roger
SD101
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: Map sections Reply with quote

I'd really like to be able to choose map sections a'la Quo. I've just bought Dorset at 1:50k when what I really wanted was the Isle of Purbeck at 1:25k. On Quo I just highlighted the sections I wanted and downloaded them.

It would make the A10 a lot more useful for me.

Steve D
Rogerfrit
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But you could have bought the Isle of Purbeck at 1/25,000-
http://www.satmap.com/ukstore/index.php?cPath=80&osCsid=01f3393734d11df3961acea61c9d3f0a

Roger
Mike777
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I am really impressed by the active 10 and had my first big bike on my bike yesterday.

One thing I found difficult (with big gloves on !) was switching the unit on as I approached road junctions so I could see which way to go without stopping.

Is there anyway I setting waypoints or POI so when you get near them the active 10 switches on automatiacally and then turns off based on the power control setting.

Thanks

Mike
4ndynorfolk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that the major bugs appear to have been sorted, we can think about more frivolous features.

I would like a screen showing the OS map key. Althogh I know what some of the symbols mean, there are others I am not familiar with or forgotten. I also get confused between 50k and 25k symbols where they vary.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: