Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - XL IQ and XL IQ Live Battery change
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

XL IQ and XL IQ Live Battery change

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: XL IQ and XL IQ Live Battery change Reply with quote

So these are newish devices and we can expect at least 12 months more from the batteries but in readiness for when they fail lets have a look at how to change it:

First of all remove the label from the base of the device, carefully peel this off so it can be replaced when the job is complete. The slot you can see in the base is for the Sim card although it cannot be easily removed through the slot as its quite deep within the device.

Once removed you gain access to the two Torx screws (Size 5) these need to be removed.

Using your thumbnails to separate the screen from the rear of the device, best place to start is the outboard edge of the silver trim strip surrounding the screen bezzel.

Release the ribbon cable to the screen, I find the easy way is to move the dark brown retainer bar towards the cable using a small flat blade screw driver, no pressure is really needed to move this and it needs to be moved about 2 MM at both ends to release the cable.

The two halves are now separate and you can see the battery (top left) but you have to strip the device down quite a bit further in order to get it out, the screen portion can be set safely aside for the time being.

The PCB is held in with five Philips head screws, these all need to be removed.

The PCB needs to be raised at the GPS Patch aerial end first as the base of the PCB is still trapped by the Mini USB socket, gently raise this end of the PCB to gain access to the connectors on the underside of the board.

First off is to disconnect the speaker plug which lets you lift the PCB even further up to gain access to the battery connector. Remove the yellow coloured tape securing the connector before releasing the battery connector and remove the PCB putting it somewhere safe for the time being.

Now all thats left is the battery which is retained with a small amount of glue to the rear of the case, it can be easily removed/ replaced with the new cell.

For anyone after information about the speaker stamped on the magnet is the following information:

NM 4 ohm 2W
D0-0171-11-22L
-08 48+

The battery supplied with the device as new is 3,7 Volts rated at 1100mAh, replacement Lithium Ion batteries should be easy to source by the time we need them.

Rebuilding the device is the reverse of how it came apart - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: XL IQ and XL IQ Live Battery change Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:

Rebuilding the device is the reverse of how it came apart - Mike

Doncha just love it when instructions say that?!
Sounds like a Haynes car manual, and I always end up with a whole wing left over after following their instructions.... Laughing
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or in my case once a whole load of shims for the centre main bearing to control the endfloat on the crank Laughing Out Loud

Was this the post you 'hid' yesterday Mike?

If so, do I get a prize for finding it?

Also, do the XL (2009) models look like they can be adapted to take an internal SD Card as per earlier ONEs and XLs - can't see any evidence of the pads anywhere on the board?
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: XL IQ and XL IQ Live Battery change Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:

Doncha just love it when instructions say that?!
Sounds like a Haynes car manual, and I always end up with a whole wing left over after following their instructions.... Laughing

My gawd I'm glad I was between sips when I read that, Andy! Thumbs Up

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: