Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Qstarz BT-Q1300 (Nano) or BT-Q1000P
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Qstarz BT-Q1300 (Nano) or BT-Q1000P

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Village_Idiot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Qstarz BT-Q1300 (Nano) or BT-Q1000P Reply with quote

I did used to have a Qstarz q800Pro until it got stolen. I am now looking to replace it, and as I will be going on holiday I thought a travel logger would be useful for photos. And I could still connect it up to my PDA.

I'm trying to decided between the Qstarz BT-Q1300 (Nano) or BT-Q1000P, I know that both of them have been reviewed on here (Thanks Mike).

I'm just trying to confirm that they are both essentially the same product, although one has worse battery life, and maybe worse signal although it is smaller, the Q1300. The Q1000P is slightly larger but has about 3 times as long a battery life and perhaps better signal.

Is this the case. Do they both use the same software?

If so I think I might go for the Q1000P, but I'm trying to find a online shop which has them in stock right now.
Does anyone know of a good shop which has them in stock and is affordable?

Any response would be very much appreciated!

Yours,

Village
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the QStarz 1000P and would recommend one. It's not all that big and has a really good battery life in use. I haven't tried the newer 1300 so can't make a direct comparison. I particularly like the in-built anti-slip pads. They really work - I was logging our sailing trip last year where we were at 35-40 degrees in force 6 winds and the unit didn't move off the shelf above my bunk - very impressive. It managed two 10 hr sailings between charges - and I only re-charged then to be safe!

I got mine off Amazon - but they don't appear to have them at the moment.
Village_Idiot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I'm getting really confused now. I think I'll try and get the 1000, as the battery life and signal should be better and as I'm not going to be using the device on a key ring the size if of little concern as they are both small.

Now I know that there was a Q1000 and Q1000 Platinum, but now I have seen that there's a Q1000x:
http://www.qstarz.com/Products/GPS%20Products/BT-Q1000X-F.htm

Is this just the Q1000, or are there any real differences, something about A-GPS?

Any advice would be useful?
Is there a review of the Q1000X on here, I can't seem to find it if there is.

Thanks,

Village
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think one of the main differences is the 'RaceChrono' software and the ability to set the unit to 5Hz sampling rate. I think - though I haven't tried yet - that the 5Hz feature will work on my 1000P. I have downloaded the firmware but haven't had the time to ry it yet.

The AGPS (Assisted GPS) allows you to preset the almanac so the fix time is reduced to a minimum - but the device is pretty good anyway.
Village_Idiot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to say I've put an order in for the Q1000X as it was a few pounds cheaper than the Platinum, as well as perhaps being better.
I'll let people know how I get on.

Thanks for the advice,

Village
Village_Idiot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the Qstarz Q1000x for a couple of weeks now, have been out and about using it. Its a good all rounder. Software could be better but is alright. I am having some trouble downloading the AGPS, but its working just find without that.

On the whole I would recommend it to others.

Village
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Village_Idiot wrote:
I am having some trouble downloading the AGPS, but its working just find without that.

Don't bother with it, if you use the device on a regular basis the A-GPS is a waste of time and offers no significant improvement, I have stopped using it on the devices I have that support it - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: