Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Satmap for £249.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Satmap for £249.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gunny7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: Satmap for £249. Reply with quote

Thought I would post this to save you guys some hard earned cash, most of the deals on the net seem to be around £260-£280, after a lot of searching I found this site http://www.alloutdoor.co.uk/index.asp
I ordered on a thursday and received it on the friday, very good service.
ROBDD1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Managed to get direct for £235 with discount ;-) direct from SatNav ....... markup is big though ....trade price is only about £215!!

Typo sure was!!

Last edited by ROBDD1 on Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROBDD1 wrote:
Managed to get direct for £335 with discount ;-)

£335? I hope that's a typo!
Zedddd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the following:

Satmap Active 10 gps unit
Satmap SD card National Parks (1:25000 and 1:50000 on one card) Brecon Beacons and Pembrokeshire Coast
Satmap SD card UK regions - Wales
Satmap Power Pack
Satmap Lanyard

for £405.00 from http://www.maps-warehouse.co.uk/satmap-active10.html
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a decent price considering what you have got in the bundle - just for information the County maps @ 50K scale on SatMaps web site are still only £14:99 this makes the Lakes (Cumbria) a very cheap option for a very popular area! - Mike
Bloberoonie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Global Gizmo Reply with quote

Hi All,

If you are anticipating a purchase of the Satmap, avoid Global Gizmo's. I have waited 2 weeks for my unit and when it finally came the unit looked like it had been used as the inside of the box was torn where the unit would sit and also the screen protector had lots of bubbles in it where it should have been flat and smooth.

I asked for a refund which they agreed but then said it would take 30 days from them receiving the unit. There website also indicates free delivery with a code but there is no where to add the code during the purchase process.

When I confronted them over it they just said the code was old and not used anymore and they would take it off the website.

All in all, after not returning my phone calls which they promised I looked on the web for reviews of Global Gizmo's and so many people have complained about them it's unbelieveable they are still in business. As they say "buyer beware".
goon525
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have had recent problems with Global Gizmos. Ordered UK maps and power pack through them. Lots of missed dates and broken promises. Eventually, the stuff did show up. Perhaps it's a coincidence that this came after I'd threatened to report them to the credit card company and their local trading standards. I certainly wouldn't use them again, but am relieved I avoided a legal dispute.
Bosun
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is the difference between buying from"box shifters" and buying from merchants who perhaps ( although not exclusively ) have a bricks and mortar premises as well.They are usually experts in what they sell and can offer advice although of course they are not the cheapest.

I have recently purchased a digital camera from a retailer who is a photographer with a shop,not the cheapest on the net but I have had excellent after sales service from them in the past.

You pays your money and takes your choice,cheap price or good service the two rarely seem to be bedfellows unfortunately.

Ian
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - Taken the plunge.

Ordered one from here .

£399.99 for Active 10, Full UK 1:50k and power pack. Also got the handlebar mount. Total £424.96 inc p&p.

Should be out and about next weekend then!
Bosun
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil,

Yes I got mine from there after reading good reports.No problem at all and swift delivery.

Ian
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick update.

The Active 10 and handlebar mount arrived Friday. The power pack and 1:50k UK mapping is arriving later Sad

Still it will give me a bit of time to see how it works.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil & others, have a play around with the online route planner in Beta, there is an nnouncement from last night about how to access this at the top of the forum section index - Mike
BroncoBill
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goon525 wrote:
I too have had recent problems with Global Gizmos. Ordered UK maps and power pack through them. Lots of missed dates and broken promises. Eventually, the stuff did show up. Perhaps it's a coincidence that this came after I'd threatened to report them to the credit card company and their local trading standards. I certainly wouldn't use them again, but am relieved I avoided a legal dispute.

I too am having problems with Global Gizmos. Unfortunately (and stupidly !!) I paid by Debit Card (they did not accept Credit Cards - Jan 7th 2009) and I also had lots of missed dates and broken promises.
Although most of my order eventually arrived, I am still outstanding certain items.
Despite many emails (they no longer answer their phone but direct customers to email contact - their website says:-
Global Gizmos has seen that over the last couple of months our customers haven’t received the customer service that we would like to give. We have now taken positive steps to ensure that this is improved by streamlining the way we operate as a company. We are now only contactable by e-mail, as this allows us to effectively answer 5 – 6 times the amount of enquiries electronically per day rather than by phone. This also allows us to pass on more savings to our customers and improve the customer service levels dramatically. End of quote
I have had no response from them to date, items are outstanding from an order on 7 Jan. I searched on the internet and notice that there are a number of recent complaints on both Amazon and Kelkoo. It is also reported that in Jan 2009 they have had their ISIS acreditation removed too. See
http://isisaccreditation.imrg.org/8025745000669E37/(httpPages)/65067C0CFD1F96968025744E0071C279?OpenDocument

Sorry to ramble on but I though it appropriate to let prospective purchasers know that Global Gizmos are unreliable.
My advice is to AVOID GLOBAL GIZMOS.
goon525
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And since we know that people at Satmap read this forum, they might want to reconsider whether Global Gizmos are appropriate retailers for their excellent products!
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see GG sells all sorts of equipment, not just Satmap. Perhaps someone could copy their experiences from here into the 'Retailers to buy from or avoid' forum to warn everyone (I've never used them)?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: