Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - No Position Icon on an HTC-S710 Smartphone
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

No Position Icon on an HTC-S710 Smartphone

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ianking
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: No Position Icon on an HTC-S710 Smartphone Reply with quote

I have the latest version of Anquet running on an HTC-S710 Smartphone (Windows Mobile 6.0) with a GlobalSat BT-359W Bluetooth GPS Receiver.

My problem is:

While I can get a lock on the phone from the GPS fine, whatever I try, I cannot get the position icon displayed on the phone (I think the icon is called "SmallGeomRingRW.ico"). Waymarker icons show OK.

I have re-installed the software several times, resent the icons,
which all seem to be there in the Icons folder on the phone. I have the program in the main phone memory and all the maps on an SD
card.

At the moment to find my position I have to scroll off the screen, wait a few seconds and then the screen will centre on the correct location (I actually drew a red dot on the centre of a screen protector so I know where I am).

Any ideas would be appreciated. Anquet can't seem to solve it.

...Ian
pennyandchris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I contacted Anquet support because I had this problem on my Pocket PC and they suggested loading GPSGate - apparently some HTC phones with inbuilt GPS use a different encoding for the GPS signal - did this and it works!

All programs (A-Z, Anquet, MM, Co Pilot) can now use the in-built GPS without problems - and it seems to get a fix quicker. Not sure if this would work for an SP version.

There is a new beta version 6.2.7.0 of Anquet available (contact customer services for the link) which may help.
ianking
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funnily enough I must have read your post before and installed GPSGate a couple of days ago. However, it did not work. I will contact Anquet for a Beta Version though. Thanks for that.
ianking
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Still not working Reply with quote

The positioning icon still does not show on my HTC phone in the new Beta version.
nick789uk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: no position marker also on my xda orbit Reply with quote

Hi I have the same problem I have the new verson which i have just down loaded fron the anquet site tried to down load the smart phone version would not work on my xda, so tried the pocket pc version which worked except the posion marker will not display to show were you are when using the GPS, the internal gps is working as it finds a valid GPS signal anyone got any ideas to solving this problem. thanks for your time.
Nick
pennyandchris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new version of Anquet 6.2.7.0 now works on my PPC (XDA Orbit 2) without using GPSGate, BUT it still won't display an icon on a WM6 non-touchscreen smartphone (HP iPaq 514).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Anquet All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: