Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Voice problem after 8.3 on 720
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Voice problem after 8.3 on 720
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shutts318ci
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the v8.300 firmware and had no stutter problems... until... I upgraded to the 815 maps. I will downgrade again and see if the stuttering is fixed.
Aldridge_Andy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having said previously that I had not experienced any "Stutter" problems with V8.3, a fair few weeks after the software was deployed, I have now experienced the "TomTom Stutter" for the first time last night. It only happened once, and I'll be listening for the next time.

TomTom Go 720.
Shutts318ci
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 930T, which I am dissappointed is no longer in the Product list on the TT site :-( 920 check, 940 check, 930.... naahhh we didn't make one of them! Confused

I noticed it yesterday for the first time, which was also the first time I had used it with the new maps. I just hope a downgrade will fix it.
bullyterrier
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shutts318ci wrote:
I have a 930T, which I am dissappointed is no longer in the Product list on the TT site :-( 920 check, 940 check, 930.... naahhh we didn't make one of them! Confused

Shutts,
This is what I had mentioned a while back. When everyone was talking about the all singing and dancing new x40 series replacing the 30 series so soon, some of the moderators on here were saying that the x40 range wasn't replacing the 30's but to run along side them. But not long after the 40 release tomtom's holland website had no mention of the 30's on the current models.
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't the moderators here saying the x40 was not replacing the x30 line, it was TomTom itself in their press release announcing the x40.

Don't shoot the messenger ......... Confused
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aldridge_Andy wrote:
Having said previously that I had not experienced any "Stutter" problems with V8.3, a fair few weeks after the software was deployed, I have now experienced the "TomTom Stutter" for the first time last night. It only happened once, and I'll be listening for the next time.

My previously bulletproof setup of 920T, 8.300, W&CE 8.15.2003 and Kate TTS6 AND TTS7 installed at the same time has now started stuttering like mad and won't stop!

Clear Flash, Hard Reset and Soft Reset haven't cured it!

Come on TT the new Navcore to fix this is long overdue.

Time to install 8.320 again to fix it..............

Andy
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dear Mr ,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support.
Your reference for your query is 081117-009376.

I have spoken with our second line department regarding your case again. We think the best course of action is to book it in for repair.

To be able to create an RMA enabling you to send your unit in for repair, it is imperative that we receive the Serial Number for your device. Please update this incident from My Questions History in your TomTom account with this information. You will find the serial number on the lower part of the device, by the bar code, when you turn it upside down.

Please do not hesitate to contact us when you have additional queries.

With Best Regards
Tammy
The TomTom Customer Support Team

Are they having a laugh or what - they don't even comprehend that it is a software issue!

Andy
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi AndyVaughan
Hell, I’m sorry to hear that your device has finally fallen prey to the Stuttering Disease. Mine is still free but having read your Post I now know for certain that it must be only a matter of time before mine follows suit.
Even more sickening is Tom-toms reply to your cry for help. If someone tried to tell me that my device stuttered because of a hardware fault I too would be gobsmacked. So what’s the answer? The way I see it is if Tomtom’s convinced that it’s a hardware fault I think we can all interpret that as a statement that they are not pursuing a software cure for the stutter.
GPS World Traffic cameras
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Install 8,320 on your device and the v7 TTS voice files, its not 100% but it is considerably better than anything else I have tried to date - there are some instructions on page 28 and 29 of this thread detailing how to do this - Mike
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Install 8,320 on your device and the v7 TTS voice files, its not 100% but it is considerably better than anything else I have tried to date - there are some instructions on page 28 and 29 of this thread detailing how to do this - Mike

My TT720 was stutter free as well until about 2 weeks ago.
I followed instructions as shown on page 28.

For info, I installed the 720 files 1st, but that made the stutter almost consatnt. deleted and installed the 730 files and cured. There is still a slight lag in the position. Come to a stop at junction and TT still shows me doing 3mph and moving forward, seems to be about 2/3 secs slow.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trevor1234 wrote:
Hi AndyVaughan
Hell, I’m sorry to hear that your device has finally fallen prey to the Stuttering Disease.

It has been stuttering since 11th November, various 'fixes' have been tried - the best results being running x40 Navcore and TTS7, followed by 8.320 with TTS7.

Somehow I had 8.300 stable for about 3 weeks by installing TTS7 on top of TTS6 voices - they don't have any files in common.

Only thing to do is wait for the next release or keep running x40 Navcore.

Andy
scotch_whisky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all getting very silly. I have been told twice by TomTom in the last week that they are not aware of this problem. Each time they have suggested that I reload the software - they haven't suggested it might be a hardware problem!

I am in fact using 8.320 which has been working well since I first tried it. The reason I keep reporting problems to TomTom is I am trying to get a refund or extension to my map upgrades. They just will not accept that 8.300 is pretty much unusable with 815 maps. But maybe that is the reason they keep denying there is a problem.

Others in this forum say that TomTom have accepted there is a problem. I'm in the UK and have been to 1st and 2nd line support and both talk as though I am the first to report it.

I used to think that Pocket GPS World had contacts in TomTom. Do they?
bullyterrier
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there no way of getting a petition, so tomtom can't say "you (as in the caller) are the only one". Or perhaps a call to watchdog might get tomtom listening. I can't believe a company can treat customers like this and get away with it. And what's more some on this forum recommend tomtom to people.
Until the 8.32 that mike told us how to load, I hadn't used the new map I had paid for, and tomtom refuse to extend the 12 months map update, or refund, saying there is nothing wrong with the map!
Shutts318ci
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trevor1234 wrote:
Hi topgazza
As I said earlier on this topic I have had absolutely no problems with the 8.3/8.15 setup. No stutter and no lag on the route position. Why? What is different with my setup and the setup that the unfortunate users have running. I’m no expert. I have done no tweaking etc yet the programme runs perfectly.

Now, just out of curiosity (plus I love fiddling) I formatted the device this morning and then installed the application navcore_8.204.9718.go940. I then copied and pasted the map v315 just to see what would happen. It was all so simple and I have since travelled across London with it. Result? It runs faultlessly too.

Where can I get the 8.204 navcore from?
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Shutts318ci
I obtained the link to the navcore 8.204 from one of the pages (I think) on this Topic. Of course there are far more pages now than there were then. So, if you have time to run back through the last 30 pages you should find it.
By the way, I have never bothered to take the navcore 8.204 off of my device and it still runs perfectly. Of course when I hear that the new map has been released I will have to revert to the old navcore before ‘Home’ lets me download the new map.
GPS World Traffic cameras
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 38 of 49

Jump to: