Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT GO 730 How do I turn the music off?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT GO 730 How do I turn the music off?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
350veloman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: TT GO 730 How do I turn the music off? Reply with quote

Just bought this device and must say am I quite impressed. Trying to get my head around it and have sorted out most of the facilities.
However I am stumped on the facility to play mp3 music through it. Actually playing the music through either the built in speaker or via th FM transmitter is no problem. The problem I am having is how to stop the music! The online manual states that tapping the "playing..." button on the TT jukebox page will stop playing; doing this just returns me to the now playing page. The only way I can stop the music playing is by connecting the TT to my computer and TT Home.
Would appreciate any advice
MARViN2003
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Press the pause button on the playing screen?
350veloman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well yes, that does stop the music but surely that isn't the "proper" way? I would imagine that leaving the device in this state would have a detrimental effect on battery life. Thanks anyway for the suggestion.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no other option to stopping the music unless you want to reset the TomTom using a paperclip in the reset hole on the base of the device - use the pause button as that will do all you need - Mike
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the Pause button is a pretty logical thing for TomTom, bearing in mind that the power button on the device itself doesn't actually turn it off, only sends it to sleep. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
350veloman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info mikealder and DennisN. I will assume that the pause button is the only way to stop playing music. I don't have a problem with this other than it seems an unusal way of doing it. All other music playing devices I am familiar with have a stop button as well as a pause button. The online manual is very unclear also on this particular aspect of operation. It,s reference to the pause button states that it is for pausing or playing music - no reference to it acting as a stop button. It also states that music will continue to play until the "back" button is tapped in the music information screen which returns the device to the Jukebox screen and then tapping the "playing..." button. Following this just sets up a continous loop between the two screens and the music continues; clearly incorrect. Still, this is a minor gripe, on the whole the satnav and documentation etc seems pretty impressive to me.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other feature often mistakenly thought of as missing is fast forward and fast rewind through the specific track you have playing, if you press and hold the "Next Track" or "Previous Track" button you get the desired effect - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People of my generation still have an instinctive feeling that leaving things in "pause" is somehow detrimental - wearing out the bearings or using up power for example.

But with a solid state player and a bit of software, there's no practical difference between "stop" and "pause" at all!
350veloman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, Andy_P, we must be of the same generation! I guess this was the reason for me querying the lack of a stop button.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: