Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN6 installation on an O2 XDA Ignito
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN6 installation on an O2 XDA Ignito

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fucawi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: TTN6 installation on an O2 XDA Ignito Reply with quote

I have followed another thread where MikeAlder talked through the install of TTN6 onto an HTC Diamond, but even following this, I have not managed a successful install onto my XDA Ignito.
I purchased CD/DVD of the software from Tom Tom. I have been using TTN5 on my XDA Orbit, but the maps needed upgrading so I plumped for the TTN6 even though TTN 7 is due out in the near future.
Tom Tom Home is a pain in the @rse and I have spent the past two days trying to get around the system and get TTN6 working. I followed the current install routine to the letter and then followed Mike's instructions for good measure, but to no avail.
I had the system installed and working and had set up all my preferences (Home/Units/voice et al), but after turning the system off, I cannot get any further than the Tom Tom splash screen and the legal warning about driving and using SatNav and then it tells me that it cannot find the maps.

My folder structures in various areas of the phone are as follows:
- My Device\Programme files\Navigator then the folders (2577, contacts, itn, logging,voices) and files (TomTom Navigator.exe, ttn.cab, debug, current map, navigator, ttnavigator)
- My Device\Internal Storage and the folders (2577, voices, UK_and_IE_maps) and files (Start.exe, ttn.cab, ttdesk, ttnavigator).

To my mind there is a lot of duplication in here and perhaps the system is picking up the wrong files and folders so therefore won't see the maps in the Internal Storage area, but it doesn't look a whole lot different to the TTN5 setup in my old Orbit.

Please, can anybody help with this irritating issue?
Fucawi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem sorted, using the very basic install method that Mike recommended and then ttcode to get the maps to work.

However...........

When I open TTN6 the volume is muted and I have to go into the prefences to turn on the sound!

Is this normal? How do I get around it?
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucawi wrote:

Is this normal? How do I get around it?

Mine does the same sometimes. There sems to be no obvious reason, although another poster here suggested it may have something to do with whether the phone is using data at the time!

I have to switch the sound on twice before it works!
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterc10 wrote:
it may have something to do with whether the phone is using data at the time!

Quite sure this intermittent issue has something to do with the what the phones radio ROM is doing at the time of start up.

Some v6 and v7 versions support the SDK so build a menu and put the "volume preferences" on the first menu page. Three taps and all is well.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: