Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 940 why was the remote not in the box?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

940 why was the remote not in the box?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nigelmuskett
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: 940 why was the remote not in the box? Reply with quote

Finally received a remote for my 940 Live from Tomtom but surely it would have been easier to have put it in the box in the first place!
Tomtom520
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what happens when you upgrade from a 710.

Tomtom and logic do not go together !
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: 940 why was the remote not in the box? Reply with quote

nigelmuskett wrote:
Finally received a remote for my 940 Live from Tomtom but surely it would have been easier to have put it in the box in the first place!

Although originally planned to be included it was dropped and made an extra cost option at the 11th hour. A symptom of the market where margins are almost non-existent.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: 940 why was the remote not in the box? Reply with quote

nigelmuskett wrote:

They gave you one or you bought one from them?

I did not think that the 940 came with a remote?
nigelmuskett
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Although originally planned to be included it was dropped and made an extra cost option at the 11th hour. A symptom of the market where margins are almost non-existent.

Sorry you are wrong.

Halfords, which is where I purchased my 940 Live, advertise the 940 on their Tomtom stand in store and on the flyer avaiable within store as coming with a remote and their member of staff when questioned comfirmed that the 940 comes with a remote.

I have received a remote free of charge from Tomtom so there is no dispute on this my coment was as to why it was it has taken so long to get it.

Nigel
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nigelmuskett wrote:
Sorry you are wrong.

Halfords may be bundling one as a special deal but I can assure you the 940 does not have the remote as standard. There are many here who have 940's without remotes who can attest to that.

Or maybe Halfords are just being as clueless as usual and you were lucky, their website doesn't list the remote as being included. If you look at TomTom's site you will note that the remote is an extra cost option.
Larok
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did they ask to see your Halfords reciept? ps no remote with mine or expected.
nigelmuskett
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer the last 2 replies togather.

As to whether Halfords are clueless or not is another matter but it was the inclusion of the remote, the effective price of £371.92 + £50 fuel and with a free case as well that I used them.

Halfords instore Tomtom advertising which they said was supplied from Tomtom shows the differences between the 5/7/940 and the blurb box for the 940 is

GO 940 LIVEWorld 35
Maps of Western & Eastern Europe, USA & Canada
(35 Countries) Bluetooth Remote Control, FM
Transmitter, Enhanced positioning technology

The sequence of events was when I queried at the store that the remote was not in the box they phoned their head office who referred them to someone at Tomtom who spoke to me at the time to get serial numbers of the 940 which then appeared on my Tomtom as a question which 2 weeks later followed up with a request for the copy of the receipt and finally a week after that a message to say a remote had been dispatched and because it was new year week it may arrive the week after or in reality the week after that!

Might be interesting to start a new thread to see how many purchased a 940 from Halfords and did/did not get a remote.
Tomtom520
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in my local Halfords today, and it clearly stated on the bottom line of the display information that it comes with a "bluetooth remote"

I couldn't see any boxes to see what they said.

Tomtom still don't know their ass from their elbow
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomtom520 wrote:
I was in my local Halfords today, and it clearly stated on the bottom line of the display information that it comes with a "bluetooth remote"

I couldn't see any boxes to see what they said.

Tomtom still don't know their arse(?) from their elbow

As said above, this is down to Halfords, not TomTom. TT have never put a remote in the box AFAIK.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off Topic discussion on the word censor moved here.
tkerby
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O ALL THE Halfords display stands for the x40 that have been provided by Tomtom it states they include a bluetooth remote on the 940. Probably the reason why Tomtom are being asked to provide the remotes....

I took a picture of the stand in Halfords and opened a ticket with Tomtom with the picture and a copy of my receipt. I'll see where I get with it.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like that's the problem then... TT have messed up the difference between "comes with" and "works with" on the point of sale materials.

If you look at the Halfords website for the 940 it says:
Quote:
What is in the box?

* TomTom 940 Sat Nav unit
* 12/24v Car charger
* Windscreen holder
* Desk dock
* Quick Start Guide
* TomTom HOME Software

No mention of the remote there...
tkerby
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stands in the stores supplied by Tomtom with the various devices mounted on them to try say:

Go 740 Live Europe 32
Maps of Western & Eastern Europe (32 Countries)

Go 940 Live World 35
Maps of Western & Eastern Europe, USA & Canada (35 Countries), Bluetooth remote control, FM transmitter, Enhanced positioning technology

The Halfords stock label (in the stores with the Tomtom display unit only from the ones I've visited)

Go 940 Live
All the features of the Go 740 Live plus USA & Canada street level mapping. Built in FM transmitter. Enhanced positioning technology - uninterrupted navigation even in tunnels. Includes bluetooth remote control.

Its fairly clear that at least in Halfords, they are stating that a remote is included. If you are within a reasonable period (usually defined as 28 days by retailers), the following part of the sale of goods act may apply

Quote:
If the buyer deals as consumer or, in Scotland, if a contract of sale is a consumer contract, the relevant circumstances mentioned in subsection (2A) above include any public statements on the specific characteristics of the goods made about them by the seller, the producer or his representative, particularly in advertising or on labelling.

See http://www.johnantell.co.uk/SOGA1979.htm for the full text

I suggest a visit to the local Halfords may be in order to snap a picture of Tomtoms advertising if you purchased a 940 recently
tkerby
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I submitted a ticket to Tomtom support with a copy of my receipt, device serial number and a request for the remote as advertised as included in Halfords. They have very kindly agreed to dispatch one to me

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: