Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Voice problem after 8.3 on 720
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Voice problem after 8.3 on 720
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C3Man
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks Mike, works on my 520
Steveee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received a response from TT support on the stuttering voice and gps lag problem. They said:

Quote:
The GPS lag and stuttering voices could well be related as its related to the amount of memory being used

They provided me with a link to v700 Kate voice and installation instructions. They also suggested:

Quote:
Also check if the time is sync on the device with the GPS sattelite signal

Change preferences - set time - sync (when having gps signal)

I have done both, so let’s see what happens. Wink
GO 920 (retired)
Garmin Oregon 550T
Garmin Drivesmart
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steveee wrote:
They also suggested:

Quote:
Also check if the time is sync on the device with the GPS sattelite signal

I can't imagine what that could have to do with it!

Maybe they think if the time is a bit wrong, the display isn't lagging, it just shows where you USED to be at that time! Laughing
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time of day is related to using the IQ-2 Routes though, so I guess if you were travelling at mid day but the device thought it was 17:00 locally this would mess up the calculations, perhaps I should re-install the 8,300 application and 815 map then use the device deliberately off setting the time to rush hour to see if the stammer and slow refresh is time of day related.............
Second thoughts I will leave it running 8,320 - its not 100% due to other bugs but its the best I have tried since 8,010 - Mike
Tom59
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been abroad for three weeks and they STILL haven't sorted it out!? Stop it!

TT iPhone app
V 1.23 Map: Western and Central Europe 2 GB V 965.7286

TT iOS Go Mobile
V 1.1 Map: Western Europe 965.7248
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been running 8.320 for a few days now - it seems to fix the isues with 8.300.

I have been using Kate TTS7, I haven't had chance to try with a TTS6 voice but I suspect it might work as none of the lag or occasional stutter with 8.300 and TTS7 appear to be present.

Andy
Tom59
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy, did you get offered 8.32 navcore? I have just tried updating and it tells me that 8.30 is the latest one for my device.
Joker TT Support Joker have sent me a very lengthy e.mail with instructions which basically strip everything out of the unit, then reformat it. It sounds like a desperate straw clutch to me. Happy

TT iPhone app
V 1.23 Map: Western and Central Europe 2 GB V 965.7286

TT iOS Go Mobile
V 1.1 Map: Western Europe 965.7248
Steveee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom, do not follow those instructions. I got the same 2 weeks ago and it nearly crippled my GO920 and the backup would not work Twisted Evil Luckily I had an old backup tucked away that did work.

TT Support just sent me a new solution reinstalling Kate v700 Rolling Eyes Seems to match many other similar solutions here, but this one is sanctioned by TT Support. I will test next week and if it works will encourage TT Support to distribute it as a fix for the stuttering problem. Razz
GO 920 (retired)
Garmin Oregon 550T
Garmin Drivesmart
zumanon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:

5/ Install the Navcore 8,320 application using WinRar.

6/ Install the LoquendoTT Voice downloaded at step 2 using WinRar, extract the files directly to the LoquendoTTS folder on the device (I know you deleted this folder at step 4, but step 5 will have created a new folder Wink

Dear Mike, can you please explain how I can install the Navcore 8.320 using WinRar?
Do I use "Home" in the process?
Thank you.

2GB Turkey and Europe v725.1908

Turkey v815.2218
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To install this to your device I use WinRar which you can download from Here Switch the TomTom on and connect it to your PC, if TomTom Home starts up exit the application as Home isn't needed for this.

Double click the file you have downloaded from the TomTom server and winrar will fire up, use the mouse to select all files and folders then click "Extract To"

Please note this picture is from a different version to 8,320 but is used for illustration purposes

Locate the drive letter associated with your TomTom and click it, make sure the Overwrite mode is selected to "Ask before overwrite", then press "OK"

When the dialogue box pops up saying "Confirm File Replace" click the "Yes To All" button.

Sit back and watch the progress bar, with a good USB2 connection a Navcore 8,320 installation will take around 2 minutes.

Please note this picture is from a different version to 8,320 but is used for illustration purposes

When its finished the update use the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon from the Task Tray and remove the lead from the device.

Let the device boot up and tap the sat strength meter (lower left) followed by the version box, the resultant screen will confirm the version installed is Navcore 8,320 - Mike
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom59 wrote:
Hi Andy, did you get offered 8.32 navcore? I have just tried updating and it tells me that 8.30 is the latest one for my device
Tom, you won't be offered Navcore 8,320 when using TomTom Home, you need to download it and then install it using other means (see page 28 of this thread) - this is really down to individual choice.

If you have a device that is suboptimal then it might be worth considering, if you don't have any issues running 8,300 then leave the device alone - Mike
zumanon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
To install this to your device I use WinRar which you can download from Here Switch the TomTom on and connect it to your PC, if TomTom Home starts up exit the application as Home isn't needed for this.

Double click the file you have downloaded from the TomTom server and winrar will fire up, use the mouse to select all files and folders then click "Extract To"

Mike, thank you so much for taking the time to write this detailed instruction.

2GB Turkey and Europe v725.1908

Turkey v815.2218
disco1974
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ-Power wrote:
I tried this out on my 720 taking a usual trip to Paris from London and found all worked smoothly. My gprs seemed to be working as I got the green dot but none of my speed cameras showed up or warned me they were there.
I use the tom tom cameras and they just did not work at all, any ideas?

I had to roll back to a backup of V8.3 with my 8.15 map and that gave me the cameras back but now I have the map lag again.

Regards
DJP Smile

I have had the WORK package installed on a 730 in my truck at work. The tomtom speed camera updates are downloaded through the tracking unit, which is bluetoothed to the 730 (You also get your GPS feed from it) so whether you can use 8.32 in a none WORK mode and have the tomtom cameras i'm not sure. I deleted the cameras from the 730 as i use the ones from this site.

8.32 is certainly alot smoother running than 8.3 which i have on my own 730.
SouthHams
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8.32 installed OK following the method outlined above.

However, TT Home is giving problems. I get a message saying "This function is not yet supported for your navigation device or operating system" when I use the "Operate your Go" command.

Anyone else seen this message after the update or otherwise?

I have tried a reset on the 920 and also checked the files against the back up.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SouthHams wrote:
However, TT Home is giving problems. I get a message saying "This function is not yet supported for your navigation device or operating system" when I use the "Operate your Go" command
The interface with the TomTom Home software won't work correctly with this software installed, as I said in the post on page 28 that contains the download links this software is only intended for use with the TomTom Work system - But it is better than anything else I have tried on the 720 and 930 as the device is quite happy and stable - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 30 of 49

Jump to: