Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Voice problem after 8.3 on 720
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Voice problem after 8.3 on 720
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garcor
Regular Visitor

Location: Nova Scotia & Florida in Winter Go 920 App 8.351 Maps NA 850 & C/W EU 830

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:
Mike,

Been away for a few days as you know - I ran 8.204 and as usual it was faultless.

I am loading 8.320 now - I will let you know how it goes over the next week or so.

At least we have Gas back on in Rossendale now!

Andy

Andy when you try this would you mind trying the FM radio for playing MP3's and audiobooks as well please.
Thanks
Gary
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FM Tx works fine for music, I did check this before switching to the Bluetooth link as I prefer this method for sound transfer, I don't use Audio Books so I cannot check that although if the sound from the mp3 player is OK the audio books should be fine - Mike
garcor
Regular Visitor

Location: Nova Scotia & Florida in Winter Go 920 App 8.351 Maps NA 850 & C/W EU 830

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
FM Tx works fine for music, I did check this before switching to the Bluetooth link as I prefer this method for sound transfer, I don't use Audio Books so I cannot check that although if the sound from the mp3 player is OK the audio books should be fine - Mike

Thanks Mike I would say you are 100% correct if FM radio works with MP3's it should work with audio books.

Perhaps I will try it again I tried the 8.240 and all worked great other the the FM so perhaps this will work 100% Big on the perhaps Laughing Out Loud.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garcor wrote:
Perhaps I will try it again I tried the 8.240 and all worked great other the the FM so perhaps this will work 100% Big on the perhaps Laughing Out Loud.
The big difference here is the 8,320 Navcore is intended for use with the x20/ x30 devices, the x40 software is not supposed to be used with the x20/ x30 units and therefore only works with reduced capability - Mike
garcor
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
garcor wrote:
The big difference here is the 8,320 Navcore is intended for use with the x20/ x30 devices, the x40 software is not supposed to be used with the x20/ x30 units and therefore only works with reduced capability - Mike

Thanks again Mike I just installed it and trying it with route demo all seems very well so far.
I used the loquendo file that I had with the 8.204 with all the Computer voices in it.
By the way complements to the season to you & yours
Gary
garcor
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just gave it a short road trip and all is working well including FM radio for MPS3 & Audiobooks and no stuttering with Dave USA
Tomtom520
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the 8.320 (9901) works for me on everything as far as I can see, apart from the Kate voice which I cant seem to get to work. Simon works ok though, no stutters or lag.

The only other thing I have noticed is that I now get a voice telling me my arrival time and that there is no quicker route available (No I haven't the traffic ariel plugged in) . It may be in the map as I haven't used the 815 before.

Cheers Keith
garcor
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike

Is this an official TomTom release or a hacked version of 8.30?

I am not complaining as it seems to work great and I do have all computer voices working so far without stuttering. No lag, and FM for MP3 & audio books worked fine.
I don't have traffic so can't comment on this.

The reason I ask if it is a hacked version is that TomTom Home gives me an Error message only when I try to operate my GO in Home.
It states there is no support for this App.

GPS & Mapshare updates and downloads work fine

I don't need to operate my GO in home that often but I need it to save ITN files created with Houghi or waypoints with MapPinner

Gary

P.S.This is the Loquendo file that I am using
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NNHZ647O
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I put the links in the earlier post to the application I have found works better than others I did say it was intended for the x20/ x30 using TomTom Work - so I guess it is an official Navcore but not one we should be using if we don't have the Work system/ software and hardware, it isn't a hacked version as it downloads from TomTom's server - I don't use Home very much so I don't miss that - what I do like is a decent screen refresh rate and no stuttering - Mike
garcor
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
When I put the links in the earlier post to the application I have found works better than others I did say it was intended for the x20/ x30 using TomTom Work - so I guess it is an official Navcore but not one we should be using if we don't have the Work system/ software and hardware, it isn't a hacked version as it downloads from TomTom's server - I don't use Home very much so I don't miss that - what I do like is a decent screen refresh rate and no stuttering - Mike

Thanks Mike
As I said everythings works great except opperate my Go in home and that isn't a big deal.
I made a misquote in privous post I said Houghi needs home to operate.

It doesn't .

Only Mappiner or sending W/P from Google Maps to GPS does and that isn't a big deal at all.
Gary
scotch_whisky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:

I've been using v8.204 with my 520 for a couple of weeks with absolutely no problems. I decided to give v8.320 a go however, following Mike's post, and can report that after about 500 miles I have had no problems. I would say that the performance is the same or very similar to v8.204.

GPRS and the light sensor both work, they didn't with v8.204, so I think this is the way to go. You don't get the new icons but there is nothing wrong with the old style anyway.

Can't see why TomTom are dragging their feet on this one.
thetrotter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, just one question - in 2 halves! Rolling Eyes

why did you give separate links for the 8.320 download for x20 and x30 users? Just curious, as it's the same software what does it matter?

D.
PGPSWorld Speed Camera Database (naturally)

Last edited by thetrotter on Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave out two links for the Navcore 8,320 as this is how the Home software downloads it.
I have no idea if there is a difference between the contents of the two downloads, at face value they do indeed look to be the same.

There could be minor changes within the file contents whilst keeping the file size the same so you don't spot the difference using Windows Explorer you could compare the contents of each file with a hex editor (or similar) to see if there are any such differences - Mike
DJ-Power
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried this out on my 720 taking a usual trip to Paris from London and found all worked smoothly. My gprs seemed to be working as I got the green dot but none of my speed cameras showed up or warned me they were there.
I use the tom tom cameras and they just did not work at all, any ideas?

I had to roll back to a backup of V8.3 with my 8.15 map and that gave me the cameras back but now I have the map lag again.

Regards
DJP Smile
Hoppy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the software out on my 520T on a quick 120 mile round trip and I'm pleased to say it all worked great.

I had FM Transmit working, connected to phone, remote control working, traffic connected all at the same time no jane stutter no lag and no flashing screen. Fantastic.

Thanks Mike
NA 2GB v8.45

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 29 of 49

Jump to: