Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Connecting it all together
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Connecting it all together

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grahame
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: Connecting it all together Reply with quote

Hi,

I've recently upgraded from CoPilot 3.5 to CoPilot Live 4. I have an iPaq 3970 with bluetooth and a Navman iNS sleeve and a S/E T610 phone. I also have a bluetooth headset for the phone (Plantronics if it matters).

CoPilot 4 is working well - no real problems so far, but the live side is new to me. I have the iPaq paired with the phone and can file browse the iPAQ from the phone, so I know this is working. I use the headset with the phone OK as well. I have set up and used GPRS from the phone. What I can't work out is how to get the iPAQ to use the phone to connect to the internet, and then get CoPilot Live to use this connection. I have noticed that if I connect the headset and the iPAQ at the same time only one will operate - I assume that this is a limitation of the phone.

Ideally I would like to be able to use the Live features whilst driving (and hopefully also be able to make and take phone calls via the headset).
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the iPAQ is paired to the phone then it should work. I don't have one close to me at the moment but from what I recall you configure it in options off of the file menu in CoPilot Live.
Grahame
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
If the iPAQ is paired to the phone then it should work. I don't have one close to me at the moment but from what I recall you configure it in options off of the file menu in CoPilot Live.

Hi Dave,

The bit I'm having trouble with is getting the iPAQ to use the phone for internet. I've tried setting up a connection, but it always asks for a number to dial, but GPRS doesn't require a number (does it?). I can only select a bluetooth dialup modem or bluetooth fax modem - I can't seem to select the phone itself - I think this would sort out the problem (I hope, anyway) if I could find out how to do this.

Thanks.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You select Bluetooth Dial-Up Modem. If you have successfully paired your phone you should see BT Dial-Up as one of th available services in BT manager.

To access a GPRS Service from your PocketPC you have to use a dial string, it depends which provider you are with e.g. For Orange you dial *99# to initiate a GPRS Data call (blank username and password).

What provider do you use?
Grahame
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:

To access a GPRS Service from your PocketPC you have to use a dial string, it depends which provider you are with e.g. For Orange you dial *99# to initiate a GPRS Data call (blank username and password).

What provider do you use?

Hi,

I use Vodafone / Vizzavi.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Vodafone it is the same *99# but username and password should apparently be set to 'web'.

For clarification I'd speak with Vodafone CS if you have any issues. You also need to ensure you have Vodafone's Internet GPRS service enabled as opposed to the WAP GPRS service.
Grahame
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Darren,

That seems to have helped. I can now get the iPAQ to initiate a connection via GPRS. I don't think I have Internet GPRS at present, so I'll need to sort that out, but at least I'm heading in the right direction now! Thanks to you and Dave for your help and advice.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full setup instructions for Vodafone are in my first post in this thread - the main instructions are for O2, but the changes for Vodafone are at the bottom of the screen (I know they're right, as I use Vodafone GPRS myself).

I wouldn't make any mention of Vizzavi these days - it's basically dead. All the useful bit were assimilated into the main Vodafone UK setup some time back.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: