Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - I hate Tomtom
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

I hate Tomtom
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noony
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: I hate Tomtom Reply with quote

I've been a paying (PDA user) customer for over 5 years and I'm fed up with Tomtom treating customers like ****.

My traffic has not worked for 6 weeks now. My online support questions go unanswered. The telephone support has been muppet like. I've spent too many hours trying to get this sorted!

If anyone can recommend alternatives to Tomtom (preferably with a GPRS traffic service) I'll happily give someone else my money?

Tomtom can go **** **********.

I feel better now Very Happy

Edited by robbrady: I bet you do! But please remember this is a forum also used by children Smile
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch out there's a censoring mod around the corner! You might want to do a quick edit Wink

Your sentiments are echoed quite a lot around here, not least for the lack of upgrade path from Navigator 6.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how you feel.

See just one of my TomTom complaints by clicking the link below.

TomTom HALL OF SHAME
AlandEi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with your sentiments about Tom Tom support Nooney... I got nowhere with them over my LMG a few months back, even after mailing proofs ect... VERY arrogant lady with an American accent, virtually accused me of trying to "work" the system at the time.

Trouble is... my Go 520 is a pretty good piece of kit... it does nearly everything I need of it, and more.... I wish Victor Kiam would buy a Tom Tom... then he may also buy the company... Very Happy ... perhaps you may be too young to remember that ad on TV.

Alan.
G1LIW
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already given up on TwitTwit - I mean TomTom. Soon as the maps on my PDA are useless, I'll invest in (probably) CoPilot, or whatever is on the market at that time that does what I want - but NOT TT EVER AGAIN. They've treated us all like prize prats for the last few years, and that ends now. Hurt them in the pocket - use another provider Twisted Evil
Noony
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: I hate Tomtom Reply with quote

Noony wrote:

Edited by robbrady: I bet you do! But please remember this is a forum also used by children Smile

Just for the record I didn't actually put the **** and **** words, but point taken Embarassed

I've contacted Tomtom support a few more times. But life's too short - never again! They really do employ some muppets that don't know their **** from their elbow Very Happy

@ G1LIW unfortunately I don't think we will hurt their pockets they are too big in the PND market - but with time you never know - Karma and all that!

@ AlandEi Yes "arrogant" is a key word for Tomtom

@ Pocketgps It's a shame when all we want to do is use the software that we have legally paid for!

@ SpikeyMikey Oops yes I got my wrist slapped Wink
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: I hate Tomtom Reply with quote

Noony wrote:
Just for the record I didn't actually put the **** and **** words, but point taken Embarassed

Sorry Noony, I should have mentioned that you used a few asterisks of your own and although the words were obvious it wasn't blatant Smile
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Noony, from what I can gather they actually are hurting right now. There's a glut of TT125's they were unable to move, warehouses full of other models moving slow, a Holiday season well under their projections, a slowing EU market for their product, and an upcoming big payment due for the Teleatlas purchase and no way I see for them to come up with what's due. IMO TeleAtlas will soon be on the selling block. Just a guess of course. . .
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you will find that it will hurt TomTom because its the brand name itself getting the flack not just a version, I also think that Teleatlas must also add to the blame by not putting enough effort into updating Maps,
My benchmark for maps is Dead lane in central Loughborough which disappeared 6 yrs ago and replaced by a M & S store but dead lane still passes thru the middle of it amongst other changes in the same area, if anybody can check this on latest maps overlaid on google confirmation would be apreciated although it still shows on TA insight map.
rfp2001
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too sure what I'm looking for here but .......... Dead Lane still shows on TTv8 mapping AND in Google maps.
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dead lane ceased to exist over 6yrs ago, if you look at the PGPWS Submit POIs Hybrid map you will see that it still shows Dead lane going thru the centre of the M&S and another building, also shakespear street is a dead end and Biggin street is now a one end entry with a paved seating area at the bottom with no entry. The main point being who do you blame TomTom or Teleatlas and after 6yrs and repeatly being reported by myself at least, whichever manufacture you move to and using Teleatlas Maps you will still get very outdated maps.
Captain_Eric
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't agree more. TomTom has abandoned we PDA/mobile phone users for sure. They are going to focus on stand alone devices, which could be a strategic mistake.

Why? Some prognosticators say that the stand alone handheld GPS market is going to dry up and die. Instead, users will use software on the mobile phone, either using software sold on a monthly fee basis from the phone companies or free navigation/maps from the likes of Google Maps and Microsoft Live Search. Built-in units will survive in cars, or so they say.

We'll see what happens. But for sure TT is "betting the farm" on stand alone units when maybe they should have gone toward PDA/Mobile market instead.

For now, I'm enjoying Google Maps Mobile.
ALL41_Eggy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to give you all an update.... I too was rather upset when it appeared I could not upgrade to the latest software/maps. I emailed TomTom support and got a reply a few days later.

To cut a long story short TT7 will be officially released for Pocket PC's and a compatability list will be published as soon as they have finished testing. I was not given any timescales for this but promised it will be soon (which could be anything I guess)

As for the phone support, I've always had a good experience. Usually some guy in Ireland who, within 10 mins has sorted the problems out. I called after upgrading my XDA Orbit2 to WM6.1 which forced me to re-install TT6 and reactivate the maps. None of the codes I had saved away worked but a quick call sorted it all out without any hassle.

I don't work of TT or get paid by them before you ask! ;-)
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALL41_Eggy wrote:
Just to give you all an update.... I too was rather upset when it appeared I could not upgrade to the latest software/maps. I emailed TomTom support and got a reply a few days later.

To cut a long story short TT7 will be officially released for Pocket PC's and a compatability list will be published as soon as they have finished testing. I was not given any timescales for this but promised it will be soon (which could be anything I guess)

Dunno where you got that from but our information from high up the TT food chain is opposite of that!
ALL41_Eggy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll dig out the email (on another PC) and post it in the next day or two....

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: