Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT7 7.910(9185) on VGA - Small POI's
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT7 7.910(9185) on VGA - Small POI's
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StuartAllen
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: TT7 7.910(9185) on VGA - Small POI's Reply with quote

Hi
I have installed TT7 on my XDA Ignito downloaded direct from TomTom, bought UK map v815.2024 and all works fine.
But POI symbols are very small on VGA screen.
Does anyone know how these can be changed in TT7?
Thanks
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can't.
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: TT7 7.910(9185) on VGA - Small POI's Reply with quote

StuartAllen wrote:
Hi
I have installed TT7 on my XDA Ignito downloaded direct from TomTom,

How exactly did you do that please as I can't find any reference to downloading TT7 from Tom Tom on their website. I know I can buy the map I just can't get the software from them. Or did it come as a free extra with your phone?
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
StuartAllen
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter
I found the following on the TomTom site which is written for HTC Diamond mobiles:

Admin Edit: Link removed at request of TomTom

It is freely available from TomTom, is uncracked and is written soley for the HTC Diamond.
If you copy the ttn.cab file from the zip download into the root of the storage card TomTom will install ver 7.910(9185) which I think is the latest version. This connects to TomTom and offers you one free city map. I downloaded London and it all works fine. As I hate piracy I then purchased a new UK map (£29.95 - Hunt the web for the correct TomTom page for a £10 discount) so TomTom have made some money out of this development (TomTom take note most people will buy your software if you let them). Map version v815.2024 was downlaoded via TomTom home version 2.5 (I had to download this as version 7 uses 2.5 not TomTom home 1.6).
The big plus with all this effort and expense is that ver 7 offers Map Corrections. After I had finished the set up TomTom home downloaded around 2000 map corrections (Nice that we now all work free for TeleAtlas - Good move TomTom).
The quick menu option (Extra button on screen) also offers the chance to quickly mark your current position. Great for reporting speed cameras to Pocketgpsworld.
Although TomTom refused to sell me V7 and do not support me in any way (The Eurpoeans are supported by O2 direct) I think this is a worthwhile purchase which works really well. All of the customisations for menu and sounds POI's etc all work as per V6.
Regards
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that information.

Where did you find that on the Tom Tom site please? I searched and can't find it anywhere. Also the £10 discount page would be useful as a search has not come up with that either.
Copilot for USA
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about the £10 discount bit - they are offering the Uk map at £29.95 anyway in the map shop. Still would like to see the download page to read about the versiion if that is possible please
Copilot for USA
StuartAllen
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter
As TomTom do not offer any support on Navigator 7 I do not think you will find anything on their web site. Only O2 Germany offer this at the moment.
Regards
squiggs1982
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Do these maps have the advanced lane guidance with the better visuals?

Thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No they dont, you would need version 8 maps for the ALG/ Reality view and the support simply isn't there for this to work - if this feature is important consider a TomTom Go x20/ x30 or x40 device - Mike
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike

interestingly TT are selling Version 8.15 maps for TTN7, at least for Europe. So I suspect it is not the maps that are the limiting factor but the software.
Copilot for USA
squiggs1982
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all.

I suspect that it must be the app also, as the maps presumably have the functionality.
Sad
StevePritchard
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StuartAllen wrote:
Hi Peter
I found the following on the TomTom site which is written for HTC Diamond mobiles:

Admin Edit: Link removed at request of TomTom

It is freely available from TomTom, is uncracked and is written soley for the HTC Diamond.
If you copy the ttn.cab file from the zip download into the root of the storage card TomTom will install ver 7.910(9185) which I think is the latest version. This connects to TomTom and offers you one free city map. I downloaded London and it all works fine. As I hate piracy I then purchased a new UK map (£29.95 - Hunt the web for the correct TomTom page for a £10 discount) so TomTom have made some money out of this development (TomTom take note most people will buy your software if you let them). Map version v815.2024 was downlaoded via TomTom home version 2.5 (I had to download this as version 7 uses 2.5 not TomTom home 1.6).
The big plus with all this effort and expense is that ver 7 offers Map Corrections. After I had finished the set up TomTom home downloaded around 2000 map corrections (Nice that we now all work free for TeleAtlas - Good move TomTom).
The quick menu option (Extra button on screen) also offers the chance to quickly mark your current position. Great for reporting speed cameras to Pocketgpsworld.
Although TomTom refused to sell me V7 and do not support me in any way (The Eurpoeans are supported by O2 direct) I think this is a worthwhile purchase which works really well. All of the customisations for menu and sounds POI's etc all work as per V6.
Regards

I can confirm that this process works fine.

Cheers,

Steve.
crazybones
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded 7.910 via TT Home 2.5 together with a sample map and this works fine without any tweaking. However, TT Home does not give me the option to purchase any maps.

Did you buy your maps through TT Home (in which case the Diamond specific version of the software must differ from that offered through TT Home) or did you simply purchase a map from the TT website and install it via TT Home?

If you bought it via the website, which Diamond version did you choose? I'm using an Orange handset and of course, that one is not listed as an option when I go to purchase a map.

Many thanks in anticipation of your help. I've loyally bought every release of TT from version 3 onwards and it seems ridiculous to have to go to these lengths to buy their software!
StevePritchard
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the map via the website, and installed via TT Home. If memory serves, I said I had the Vodafone Touch Pro (my Touch Pro is just a vanilla HTC model).

Like you, I've purchased each version since v3, and also have been a Traffic subscriber too for the last 3 or 4 years, and I agree that it seems rediculous to have to go to these lengths to get the latest software.

I think the most sensible way for TomTom to proceed on PDA Navigation is to offer the "try before you buy" method with a local map, and then leave people to their own discretion as to whether they purchase a map or not once they have decided whether it is compatible with their device.

With more and more phones having GPS built in, it seems ludicrous for the Sat Nav market leader to start to shy away from this potential market.

Cheers,

Steve.
StuartAllen
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I also purchased the map via the web site and then downloaded using TTHome.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: