Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigon 8110 released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigon 8110 released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shinymera wrote:
What are 'people's' preference to route profile.

I've always had it on 'optimal'. I recently had to drive to Edinburgh's Royal Infirmary.

Optimal wanted to take me through the center of the City while switching to 'Fastest' took me the more logical route of using the 'City Bypass'.

I've left it on fastest to see how it performs.

I generally go with Optimal but sometimes use the fastest. I always take a quick look at the instructions so I have a idea of the route.
Escargot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to join the discussion regarding the inability to display personal POI's (such as the PGPSW speed cameras) on Navigon's latest offerings.

I have a 2100 Max which is in the same family and have also been down the futile route of emailing Navigon and get the impression they just don't care, and when you raise a technical query the lady who responds to me doesn't seem to understand!

Can I therefore ask anybody out there a simple question? Do we know why we can't display them on these devices?

My experience with previous versions of Navigon is that you just purchased the correct version of poiWarner from www.navigating.de , installed it on your device, downloaded the .asc files and copied these to the pois folder on the device and away you went.

Navigating.de have a version of the program for Navigon v6. I have downloaded this to install on the 7110 I have, which is running Navigon 6.5, but have not done this yet as I need to update MS Active Sync, I'll let you know if this works!

One thought I had was this: The US version of my 2100 Max was shipped running Navigon 6.5.......(see the review on this site) So I asked Navigon if I could downgrade my 2100 to V6.5. They replied no, saying the software would not run on the later machine!!! But surely these are all just mini computers running Windows CE and the Navigon program is just a piece of software, so why won't different versions run? or are they just telling me porkys?

I contacted navigating.de for their help and they said yes, they were aware of the problem and would I please ask Navigon to sort it out!! (They must find them as helpful as we do).

What I don't understand is that if I look at the product information screen of my 2100, it say amongst other things, that it has poi Warner v2.8.2 installed! Presumably this is used to display the out of date fixed speed cameras and other poi's included on the machines - so why can't we add our own?

If somebody out there understands the technical bit of this better that I do, can they please explain where the problem is.

Thanks,

Navigon 2100 Max with v7.0
Also a 7110 (v6.5), 7000T (v6.1), 3100 (v6.2)
& a Transonic 5000 with MN5 & poi Warner
How sad is that!!

gwentvillan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: encouraging news on CUSTOM POIs Reply with quote

had this email today....

Dear Andrew,

We have good news concerning POI-Warner for MN7. In a few weeks, we will offer an alternate version which covers the basic functions provided by POI-Warner. Maybe, if Navigon agree, we can soon provide a full-functionality POI-Warner for MN7.
We will keep you up-to-date on our progress with MN7.

Thanks for your interest in POI-Warner!

Kind regards,

Robert Lindner
Support Team
www.support.navigating.de
www.navigating.de
Escargot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallelujah! Progress indeed.

Wouldn't it be nice if they communicated this information to all of us who have contacted them about this?

Pause, whilst I watch the pigs fly past.

what's the betting they charge for the "upgrade"?

Yours cynically,

How sad is that!!

carlover
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some good some bad from the navigon.I was in crantock near newquey cornwall over the weekend .Wanted to get out of this village to get back to London .We got going then it wanted to take me down this horrible little narrow lane.I stopped feeling gutted as this was why i dumped my Garmin.Realised i was in fast mode ,so put it to optimal which i know keeps me off these lanes ,which it duly recalculated and off we went. As anyone who knows this area realises you should get on the A30 as soon as possible ,its a great fast road these days.The navigon took me along the A39 which id never driven before and was happy to do so for the countryside and villages,but it was not the "correct" way.So we are going to have to go beyween fast and optimal as we drive !!!
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not exactly holding my breath for POI-Warner. I am becoming really frustrated with Navigon's constant response to all my requests, along the lines of "passed to development team" or "can't say if or when it might be implemented", withoiut ever seeing any results. The latest is about the Landmark 3D feature being introduced to some models - but NOT the 'flagship' 8110.

Has ANYONE ever heard anything positive from them? I have now been driven to ask them if the 8110 is actually now obsolete or incompatible, without any development path, and whether I should consider changing it - not holding my breath there either!
Escargot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to recall that there is a phone number for UK support on their web site. Has anybody ever tried calling it? I haven't!

If somebody does, let us know how you get on, might be worth a concerted call program.....

How sad is that!!

carlover
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep i have rung them twice ,in a nutshell the whole things a dogs dinner,its not there fault they are not british and not being disrespectful its like ringing an asian call centre the language barrier however good their English is just completely frustrates you.I loved the whole Garmin package
from the kit to the help the office gave you,just wish it hadnt had a mind for the narrow country lanes.Also my garmin saved me 3 pts re a mobile scamera.As my previous post says Navigon wont include mobiles as they say its illegal to do so !!!
EddyDC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Navigon support reminds me of the Michelin support: an automatic mail has the same value. I also see that the 8110 runs far behind on updates, etc. Wasn't the 8110 supposed to be the flagship?
But the Garmin support is a disaster too. The don't even seems to know in which country Belgium is located Wink

carlover wrote:
yep i have rung them twice ,in a nutshell the whole things a dogs dinner,its not there fault they are not british and not being disrespectful its like ringing an asian call centre the language barrier however good their English is just completely frustrates you.I loved the whole Garmin package
from the kit to the help the office gave you,just wish it hadnt had a mind for the narrow country lanes.Also my garmin saved me 3 pts re a mobile scamera.As my previous post says Navigon wont include mobiles as they say its illegal to do so !!!
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm very confused with this reply????

Anyone else make sense of it....

reply from navigating.de

"Unfortunately POI-Warner will not be compatible with the first release of MN7. We are currently working on a version that will run with later releases and will let you know by email when this is available."
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have received the following fairly meaningless reply from Navigon to my recent beef:

Quote:
thank you for your reply. regarding your concern abut our model 8110 , I would like to inform you that the 8110 runs MN7 , and the moment there is no software more up-to-date . Our latest launched navigator run the same software . Of course , for that reason it cannot be considered obsolescent.

Unfortunately, it not possible to say when it would be available an upgrade of the existing software, which will contain additional functions and will possibly also offer a new user interface

So maybe they have upgrade plans...or maybe they don't.
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
I have received the following fairly meaningless reply from Navigon to my recent beef:

Quote:
thank you for your reply. regarding your concern abut our model 8110 , I would like to inform you that the 8110 runs MN7 , and the moment there is no software more up-to-date . Our latest launched navigator run the same software . Of course , for that reason it cannot be considered obsolescent.

Unfortunately, it not possible to say when it would be available an upgrade of the existing software, which will contain additional functions and will possibly also offer a new user interface

So maybe they have upgrade plans...or maybe they don't.

I really don't get how Navigon seem to have just dropped the 1st MN7 software and rewritten it for the newer models??? I'm so confused as to what the hell they are playing at.
If the 8110 and newer units run the same software what is the issue?
I still love mu 8110, but Navigon's response to the 'flagship' model stinks. I get the feeling they decided to focus on the 'cheaper' easier to shift models rather than the expensive models which sell less.
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would honestly reply to them and ask what is so complicated when the 8110 and newer devices run the same software???
I would but I've not had the same reply.
kmhphoto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone been able to run an 8110 with US maps?
I've contacted Navigon and their reply is that the US maps are only available for their other models. But I've never been confident that the support at Navigon know what they are talking about :-)
carlover
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

km if i were you id ring or email again someone else will take your query and may give you a totally different answer,thats my experience anyway buddy.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 20 of 24

Jump to: