Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Voice problem after 8.3 on 720
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Voice problem after 8.3 on 720
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loriannod
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

latest home 2.5 is obly showing kate v693 available for me.
sitrap
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danart wrote:
Guys.....When you have the chance to test your gps.....please DONT CHARGE it while you are driving,leave it running on battery....i might be wrong ,but i suspect something here...

This is definitely the case with my 520 - I am running the standard voices and have experienced the stutter ever since upgrading, but ONLY when the power supply is plugged in. On battery, Kate never has a problem.

I am sure there is some conflict here. I have tried the idea of defragmenting, and moving the map folder onto the SD card, but always everything works fine on battery, but stutters on power.
mrfreeze
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok just to be sure.

I deleted my current LoquendoTTS file.
I then pasted in the very first out of the box copy, which had kate v693.
I next deleted Kate v693 using home from my unit then the computer.

Now i go to update and again it offers me Kate v710, so i install it to the unit.
The only thing i can think is different is i'm in Florida, maybe NA has released it before Europe this time?

Anyway i the copied my TTS file with just Kate V710 in and uploaded to here:-
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O5DUEL6E

use it if you wish.

PS All this refers to my 920 running App8.3 with NA v815 map. I couldn't try my 720 as its at work, so will try it tomorrow.
Kate v710 UK & ROI v850.2781
norm2002
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now if only I could get a working Simon v7! If I empty my Loquendo folder and replace it with the Simon one posted much earlier in this thread, my 920 says I have no valid voice on it. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Also tried installing the posted files on top of my existing Loquendo but Simon says he is stil v6.93.
sl88
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All, I upgraded my 920 to navcor 8.3, with C&W europe maps 7.10 and Kate (v6.9) started stuttering like a good un...like almost everyone else. Like alot of people I am waiting for TT to provide a fix and have logged the issue with them.

Interestingly though, I upgraded my maps from 7.10 to 7.15 on sunday (my LMG through home never worked so TT have finally given me the map version I should have got at that time) and using 920 this morning no stuttering at all !!

The only other difference is I also removed some foreign voices and car images just to free up some more space.

Strange - I dont know why going to 7.15 has fixed the problem, unless freeing up some space has helped but I dont think so - thats purely disk space not processor.
bullyterrier
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrfreeze wrote:

Now i go to update and again it offers me Kate v710

Not offered here. I just deleted the voice from unit and back up on pc and when I went to download it was the old version offered.
I would of thought tomtom would have got a fix out for the voice and map refresh rate by now.
AlandEi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Interestingly though, I upgraded my maps from 7.10 to 7.15 on sunday (my LMG through home never worked so TT have finally given me the map version I should have got at that time) and using 920 this morning no stuttering at all !!

That is interesting sl88... mine stuttered with Navcore 8.3 and ver 720 map,.. most of the guys having problems have the ver 815 map, and are tied to that Navcore, as ver 815 maps will not work with the earlier navcore releases.

Like myself, you are fortunate not to be tied to the 8.3 Navcore, as we both have earlier maps, and the only reason I am playing with the Go 40 navcore at the moment, is that there are a couple of features in that update that I quite like... Very Happy

Welcome to the forum by the way... there are some very clever and helpful people on this"unofficial, Tom Tom support and development rescource"... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Alan.
mrfreeze
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sl88,
i wouldn't be so quick to say its fixed, it can run days with no problems and then the stutters just start for no reason. Give it a couple of days and see how it goes

Norm2002,
Have you tried copying a Kate file in there, either the one Andy posted or my v710 from above. If you need i will get the Simon file tonight and post a link if you need.

It seems really odd that i can now get Kate v710 and you guys can't. Like i said earlier i'm in Florida, but i don't see how TT Home can make that differential!
Has anyone installed the above file, what does Home say once you have it on, does it recognise it or say its not correct as it did for v7 ?
Kate v710 UK & ROI v850.2781
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrfreeze wrote:
sl88,
i wouldn't be so quick to say its fixed, it can run days with no problems and then the stutters just start for no reason. Give it a couple of days and see how it goes

AGREED it has happened to me a few times now ,will work for days then all of a sudden will start stuttering for no reason
norm2002
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrfreeze wrote:
If you need i will get the Simon file tonight and post a link if you need.

It would be great if you could get me the latest Simon to try. (Only two weeks until I fly out to Florida for a cruise. Shame TomTom doesn't work at sea!)

TIA

norm
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:
Looks like TT are ebout to send me my own fix to fix the stuttering voice problem Very Happy

Quote:
Dear ,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support
Your reference for your query is .

I have spoken with my second line department. We are going to send you a voice file that should work for your 8.15 map. I am waiting to receive the file so that I can send it to you. It will come with instructions on how to install it onto your device. Please bear with us as we get this voice for you.

With Best Regards
Tammy
The TomTom Customer Support Team

Well - true to their word as ever TT have now decided that whatever voice they were going to provide to me will not work on my 920 (Kate 7.10 springs to mind) so they have now changed their mind and currently do not have a solution.

They couldn't make more of a mess of this if they tried!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andy
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To everyone who has deleted the entire contents of their Loquendo TTS folder and then installed Kate v7 who does not get offered a computer voice then please reinstall 8.300 - their need to be 2 files from the Navcore install in the LoquendoTTS folder

You should have these files present as well as all of the files from the voice:

LTTS7AudioBoard.so in the bin folder
LoqAudioBoard.so in the lib folder

Both the bin and lib folder are in the LoquendoTTS folder - if these files are not present then your computer voices will not work.

Andy
sitrap
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danart wrote:
mrfreeze wrote:
Guys,

Can you confirm the voice problem as only occured after the 8.3 update?

Yes.after the 8.300 update....Before that it was perfect...copy and paste from another forum:

Funny is that IT DOESN'T STUTTER in DEMO mode....Only in "real life"...As you can see in demo mode the speed slows down at instruction and the map slows down either on the screen....But when i'm driving i dont slow down at instruction and the map move rapidly on the screen...and it stutters REAL BAD..

When you are using the unit in demo mode, is it attached to the power supply? The problem on my unit, and a few others on this forum have also mentioned it, is that their unit only stutters when the usb power cable is connected.
sl88
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alan - good to be part of such an informative and helpful forum.

I want to move to 8.15 maps, but I'll be waiting until TT get these issues resolved !

Mr Freeze - possible, although the problem started immediately after I upgraded to Navcor 8.3 and happened all the time/every time. As soon as I loaded 7.15 map and used that today no problems whatsoever.

I'll let you know if it starts happening.
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrfreeze wrote:

PS All this refers to my 920 running App8.3 with NA v815 map. I couldn't try my 720 as its at work, so will try it tomorrow.

I works OK on my 720. However this seems to be the same voice that AndyVaughan made available on the forum a couple of weeks ago. It's Kate v700 not v710. Anyway, it work fine for me so I will stick to this until an official download is available through HOME. Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 23 of 49

Jump to: