Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Voice problem after 8.3 on 720
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Voice problem after 8.3 on 720
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
what-are-the-chances
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: stuttering fixed (maybe) Reply with quote

Hi, i tried all the suggestions on this thread to get my go520 (8.3 navcore, 8.15 map) to stop stuttering and nothing worked until i tried AlandEi's s fix of using navcore 8.2 with Loquendo TT7 voices. Tested last night in demo mode, worked great. Tested it this morning going to work, performed perfectly. It even announced my estimated arrival time and that i was on the fastest route.
Don't know what if any functions this navcore disables on the 520 but i did notice that like the 8.3 navcore it no longer allows instructions to be transmitted by FM.
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It also reportedly disables repeating of navigation instructions. May also disable GPRS for Plus Services. Can anyone confirm?
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gatorguy6996 wrote:
It also reportedly disables repeating of navigation instructions. May also disable GPRS for Plus Services. Can anyone confirm?

Correct - GPRS Plus services not available with a x40 Navcore 8.2

Mine seems to repeat navigation instructions though?

Andy
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like TT are ebout to send me my own fix to fix the stuttering voice problem Very Happy

Quote:
Dear ,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support
Your reference for your query is .

I have spoken with my second line department. We are going to send you a voice file that should work for your 8.15 map. I am waiting to receive the file so that I can send it to you. It will come with instructions on how to install it onto your device. Please bear with us as we get this voice for you.

With Best Regards
Tammy
The TomTom Customer Support Team
AlandEi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i tried AlandEi's s fix of using navcore 8.2 with Loquendo TT7 voices.

I can't take credit what-are-the-chances... it was pretty well a communial effort, and AndyVaughn did a lot of the spadework mate... Very Happy

Assuming the voice file will be for the 8.3 Navcore Andy, it may cure the stuttering, but you may still be plagued with the slow refresh rate ?.. be interesting to see how it goes.
They could literally add the TTS7 voices to the Go40 Navcore, and re-write the relevant GPRS Services software, then offer it as 8.4... or would that be too simple ?

Alan.
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlandEi wrote:

They could literally add the TTS7 voices to the Go40 Navcore, and re-write the relevant GPRS Services software, then offer it as 8.4... or would that be too simple ?

Alan.

Yes, I'm sure that would be possible. The question is if they want to make the x40 graphical interface to us x20/x30 users yet. Maybe the want to keep the distinction between the x40 and the older devices for a little while before they distribute the new Navcore to x20/x30. Only a guess from my side.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uffe73 wrote:
AlandEi wrote:

Alan.

Yes, I'm sure that would be possible. The question is if they want to make the x40 graphical interface to us x20/x30 users yet. Maybe the want to keep the distinction between the x40 and the older devices for a little while before they distribute the new Navcore to x20/x30. Only a guess from my side.

I doubt if they will ever make the x40 skin available to x20 and x30 users, the x20's never received the x30 skin.

I reckon I will still have the map refresh problem - one fix at a time!!

As soon as I get the response/file I will post it so that you can all benefit.

Andy
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:

I doubt if they will ever make the x40 skin available to x20 and x30 users, the x20's never received the x30 skin.

I wasn't aware there was any difference between the x30 and x20 firmware. It would only be the colours in menus that are slightly different, right?
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right.
loriannod
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:
Looks like TT are ebout to send me my own fix to fix the stuttering voice problem Very Happy

I can't help but think they are going to send you the kate 7 zip file :-)
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loriannod wrote:
AndyVaughan wrote:

Yes, I bet TomTom's support staff are reading this forum to catch up with their products. Very Happy
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, I asked about the repeating of nav instructions because a user at a US site reported his 920 wouldn't repeat if there was a long stretch of highway before the next turn. First I'd heard of it. Using Navcore 8.2
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gatorguy6996 wrote:
Andy, I asked about the repeating of nav instructions because a user at a US site reported his 920 wouldn't repeat if there was a long stretch of highway before the next turn. First I'd heard of it. Using Navcore 8.2

It is reported elsewhere that this doesn't work as well. I will give it a go on mine but hadn't noticed that it wasn't working.

As a short term fix until TT cure the voice and map refresh problem it gives you IQ2 routing functionality that you can't get with any other (functional) Navcore on a x20.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loriannod wrote:
AndyVaughan wrote:

So do I. It will be interesting to see what they say when I point them in the direction of this thread (again) and tell them we have been running this combination for a couple of weeks and it cures the stuttering but not the refresh.

Still waiting, but seeing as they don't work weekends I suppose it will be Monday before I get an update.

Andy
clarkmike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having updated my TT GO 720T to V8.300, the functionality of the hands-free function for my Blackberry 8100 has been damaged - rather than a list of names, I now only get a list of phone numbers. Less than helpful! The warning sounds for camera alerts have also become erratic.

TomTom have admitted this is due to bugs in the new version of the software, and have advised that I will have to wait for the bugs to be fixed. (Unfortunately no previous version of the software was stored on my computer to permit a restore).

This is the second problem I've had with software updates in as many months - last time it 'forgot' I had subscribed to the camera updates, and lost the warning sounds completely.

TomTom have evidently become less than adequate in the software quality assurance department, apparently relying on their customers to fully test it out for them.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 21 of 49

Jump to: