Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Voice problem after 8.3 on 720
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Voice problem after 8.3 on 720
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cutslick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer both questions, yes and yes.
I have a SanDisk UltraII 4GB SDHC card in my 920T half loaded with songs. The MP3 player works fine with 8.203.
Hoppy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that cutslick when I get home tonight the change will happen.
NA 2GB v8.45
Froggy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Voice problem after 8.3 on 720 Reply with quote

Something strange is going on here...

Different 720's seem to be having different problems! After upgrading to 8.300 and 8.15 maps, I began to experience intermittent stuttering - not on the first outing, but every time thereafter. I installed the V7 Kate from Andy Vaughan and all is now well. There is no stuttering, and I am not experiencing the slowdown in screen refresh mentioned by many.

Also, my 720 quite happily accepted the mapsettings.cfg file from the previous maps (in the Western Europe folder) and has retained the favourites and camera spoken warnings.

Also, Home has not attempted to tell me that Kate v7 is incompatible.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoppy wrote:
Before I attempt to get rid of the stuttering voice for good 2 final questions. Does navcore_8.203.9717 support SDHC cards and does it play mp3's? I have read somewhere that the x40's do not have the jukebox function.

Sorry if these have been asked before but my computer is on a go slow today and 19 pages is to much for it to handle today.

Yes and Yes on a 920 - can't comment on what will happen with a x40 navcore on a 5 or 7 series. Maybe if you put the 940 Navcore on a 520 or 720 you will stil have the mp3 player.

Andy
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Voice problem after 8.3 on 720 Reply with quote

Froggy wrote:
Something strange is going on here...

Different 720's seem to be having different problems! After upgrading to 8.300 and 8.15 maps, I began to experience intermittent stuttering - not on the first outing, but every time thereafter. I installed the V7 Kate from Andy Vaughan and all is now well. There is no stuttering, and I am not experiencing the slowdown in screen refresh mentioned by many.

Also, my 720 quite happily accepted the mapsettings.cfg file from the previous maps (in the Western Europe folder) and has retained the favourites and camera spoken warnings.

Did you empty the LoquendoTTS folder on the device before putting the TTS7 files in?

I have just experimented and left all of the TTS6 files in there and just added the TTS7 Kate files and it works fine - All HOME can see is the TTS6 voices, it doesn't even notice that the TTS7 voice files are there as well!!!

Andy
Hoppy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy, I have just done the change of navcore and V7 kate, it went sweet as a nut, everything seems to be working ok and I like the new icons . So far all looks good. It will be tomorrow before I can test kate properly but fingers crossed. Very Happy
NA 2GB v8.45
Hughesynights
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Voice problem after 8.3 on 720 Reply with quote

Froggy wrote:
After upgrading to 8.300 and 8.15 maps, I began to experience intermittent stuttering - not on the first outing, but every time thereafter. I installed the V7 Kate from Andy Vaughan and all is now well. There is no stuttering, and I am not experiencing the slowdown in screen refresh mentioned by many.

(snip)

Exactly the same on my 920!
cazmar
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: new icons Reply with quote

I have tried with every combination to get 803 working with the new icons and no matter what I do it will not run. I think I must just have one of those stupid 720s.Thanks anyway guys and girls but it looks like I am in for the long wait.
Froggy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Voice problem after 8.3 on 720 Reply with quote

I deleted the original Loquendo folder and replaced it with the new one.
cazmar
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: problems Reply with quote

I have replaced the loquendo file and the computer voice "kate" now seems to be stutter free...so far. I am trying to add the new icons but when I do that " kate " will not work.
loriannod
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a week+ with kate v7 she has not stuttered once.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loriannod wrote:

Result!!

Hopefully TT will now work out their own fix and release it as we seem to have a fairly common consensus that the TTS7 voice files fix it.

I am still concerned about the map refresh though - if you are brave enough to try a 940 navcore the difference in map refresh speed is massive.

Andy
clowes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys i have a tomtom 920T, with navcore 8.3, and 8.15 maps.
I downloaded that version 7 voice to prevent the stuttering of the voices I had.

Now my tomtom on many occasions just stops halfway through a command.. e.g In 300 yards.....

This means its not really helping me navigate at all.

I have alos noticed at times the number in the left hand corener will be say 3.4 miles, but the voice will say turn left in 2 miles???

With tomtom I am about as untechnical as it gets. Im not really sure what the backup I have is. Could someone explain how (in simple terms) I get what I want:

A 920t with advanced lane guidance, IQ routes, usage of the mp3 jukebox (and broadcasting through my radio), good directions, and correct voices telling me EXACTLY what to do.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
batties
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loriannod wrote:

Which V7 "stutter free" Kate voice file should I use with the 940 Navcore? or to put it another way where do I find the link to V7 Kate? Rolling Eyes

Thanks
TT Home version 2.7.5.2014
iPhone 4S with CameraAlert
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

batties wrote:
where do I find the link to V7 Kate?

Try This Post and you should find what you want.

If you are going to mess around with the software on the device please make sure you have a full backup using Windows Explorer BEFORE you start - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 20 of 49

Jump to: