Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Voice problem after 8.3 on 720
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Voice problem after 8.3 on 720
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted... Posted before reading last page.
AlandEi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlandEi wrote:
Quote:
Sorry mate...

Quote:
Eh, I wasn't making myself completely clear

No offence was meant Uffe... the rolling eyes were an indication of my mistake not yours... Very Happy

Did you try to overwrite the original Loquendo folder/files with the TTS7 one... I deleted the contents of the original Loquendo folder on the Tom Tom first... then copied and pasted the contents of Loquendo TTS7 into that empty folder...

Home will then always tell you that the Kate voice on your device is incompatible, but as this is a temporary fix until the new Navcore comes out... in the far distant future... Rolling Eyes ... nothing to worry about so long as it works.

I have actually stopped using Home altogether now... as I really don't know what it would make of my present set-up... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Alan.
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlandEi wrote:
AlandEi wrote:
Did you try to overwrite the original Loquendo folder/files with the TTS7 one... I deleted the contents of the original Loquendo folder on the Tom Tom first... then copied and pasted the contents of Loquendo TTS7 into that empty folder....

I got it working tonight. It seems that my first download was corrupt. Smile
mrfreeze
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One last update.

Kate v7 has worked without one mistake both on my 720 & 920. Again this has been across 2 maps NA v720 & v815

Its defo been a fix for me and i will just sit and wait for TT to come up with their fix.
Kate v710 UK & ROI v850.2781
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrfreeze wrote:
One last update.

Kate v7 has worked without one mistake both on my 720 & 920. Again this has been across 2 maps NA v720 & v815

Its defo been a fix for me and i will just sit and wait for TT to come up with their fix.

Excellent!

It has cured the stuttering for me BUT the map refresh problem is still there.

As an experiment I tried the 8.300 for the GO x30 range on my 920, it didn't seem to be any different.

Today I have driven to Liverpool and back with the 940 navcore on my 920 and it has been perfect in respect to Kate and the map refresh, the only problem is you can't use any Plus services as the servers will not authenticate you. At a guess the x40s are set to point to different servers for the LIVE services. Oh, the handsfree crashed on me once but that is nothing unusual as every version of navcore for the x20s so far and 5 different x20s have all done this on a regular basis.

Andy
AlandEi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very pleased that it is now working for you Uffe 73... and you too Mr Freeze, as the instigator of this "marathon" thread

Bad luck with the Plus Services issue Andy, I don't use that feature, so couldn't comment earlier...

Congratulations and a big Thank You to all of you guys who have worked so hard, and shared your "workarounds" on this issue... just hope,... perhaps vainly... that Tom Tom are monitoring this thread, as the answer now would possibly be a new navcore for the X20 devices, based on members findings, which would then also allow connection to Plus services for members such as Andy... a particular thank you to Andy Vaughn for posting the link to the Loquendo TTS7 download.

WHEN... Tom Tom release the new Navcore, I will keep the backup of this present "mix and match" software in a VERY safe place, ready to re-install if/when neccesary... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
mrfreeze
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlandEi wrote:
Very pleased that it is now working for you Uffe 73... and you too Mr Freeze, as the instigator of this "marathon" thread

Bad luck with the Plus Services issue Andy, I don't use that feature, so couldn't comment earlier...

Congratulations and a big Thank You to all of you guys who have worked so hard, and shared your "workarounds" on this issue... just hope,... perhaps vainly... that Tom Tom are monitoring this thread, as the answer now would possibly be a new navcore for the X20 devices, based on members findings, which would then also allow connection to Plus services for members such as Andy... a particular thank you to Andy Vaughn for posting the link to the Loquendo TTS7 download.

WHEN... Tom Tom release the new Navcore, I will keep the backup of this present "mix and match" software in a VERY safe place, ready to re-install if/when neccesary... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Yes of course, where are my manners, i should have thanked everyone, so i echo all that Al said above.

It did turn out to be a bit of a marathon thread, i just wonder how many owners are still out there with stuttering TT's Laughing
Kate v710 UK & ROI v850.2781
Tom59
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received an e,mail from TT Customer Service telling me that I should now re download and reinstall my voices.
I noticed that the voice offered, 693, or something like, is the same as I already have, but I dumped Kate out anyway and replaced her with the latest model.
We went out for a drive, but she still has a speech defect, so I went back to Becky at TT who will no doubt give me some new, better, advice tomorrow.... RIGHT.

TT iPhone app
V 1.23 Map: Western and Central Europe 2 GB V 965.7286

TT iOS Go Mobile
V 1.1 Map: Western Europe 965.7248
cazmar
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: stuttering Reply with quote

I for one have been following this thread with interest as I have a 720 running 8.3 and even after downloading the voices from other members I am still having to put up with the stuttering.I would love to have the x40 icons and no stuttering but if I install the x40 then I get no computer voice at all. If anyone has any suggestions I would gladly try them as support from tomtom is as much use as the chocolate fireguard. I would love to see some of the members from this forum work for tomtom as even with one eye closed and one hand behind thier back they would leave thier so called " experts " standing. Even if no one has a solution to my problem then thank you all for the help and support that you have given me in the past.
DinAlt
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With regards to the X40 navcore - you can get it running with computer voices - but only the V7 voices. Unfortunately on my 720 the speaker options are completely messed up - only way I could consistently get Line OUt workign was selecting bluetooth in the menu (no bluetooth detected seems to make it default to usign the line out).
If i could sort the FM / Line out I'd switch to this immidiately - it seems to run much smoother than Navcore 8.3 and I prefer the icon set. I also suspect that this navcore has been tweaked and that the new layout has been chosen to minimise RAM usage - not just to make it look better (ie TomTom relaised that they couldn't run all the bells and whistles using the old layout / menus and customised it to reduce teh lag / stuttering - or maybe I'm over analyzing Smile )

DinAlt
scotch_whisky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DinAlt wrote:
With regards to the X40 navcore - you can get it running with computer voices - but only the V7 voices. Unfortunately on my 720 the speaker options are completely messed up - only way I could consistently get Line OUt workign was selecting bluetooth in the menu (no bluetooth detected seems to make it default to usign the line out).
If i could sort the FM / Line out I'd switch to this immidiately - it seems to run much smoother than Navcore 8.3 and I prefer the icon set. I also suspect that this navcore has been tweaked and that the new layout has been chosen to minimise RAM usage - not just to make it look better (ie TomTom relaised that they couldn't run all the bells and whistles using the old layout / menus and customised it to reduce teh lag / stuttering - or maybe I'm over analyzing Smile )

DinAlt

I am using the X40 navcore on my 520 and it has been running perfectly for a couple of days now. It runs very smoothly without any map or voice glitches. I have IQ2 and ALG and of course the new icons. It pairs and works very well with my phone for handsfree indeed it has never worked so well. I don't and have never used the FM out facility so cannot comment on that.

Many people have suggested that the hardware is not up to the job. I do not believe this to be true, I think that 8.2 software is just better written than 8.3. I don't know why TomTom don't just abandon 8.3 and give X20 users 8.2 officially, it would only require very minor changes.
cutslick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% agree with Scotch_Whisky I've gone from pretty disappointed with my 920T running the 8.300 8.15 combination to extremely pleased running 8.203 8.15 and V7 voices. So much so that I think this combination is definite keeper for a good while. Every 920T feature that I use works perfectly and the new interface is very nice. I say TT should release this officially for x20 and x30 users.
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well yesterday i had multiple voice errors on my TT for the 2nd time since upgrading my voice
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

topgazza wrote:
I think scubaalan means "whatever" to the IQ or ALG thing...and I tend to agree with him. On the basis that these have only added distraction for TT from what they should be focusing on...better maps and routing. If I was approaching a tricky junction the last thing I would want to do is have to look at a TT display....."your honour!"

The ideas a good one, as they all are on paper, but in reality they are just extras that will wither and die once the next great thing is thought up. I still think they, the features, are at the bottom of a sloppy upgrade process. It will be interesting how quickly TT come up with a solution for the current one......

I'm of the same opinion. Used my 720/30 doing about 500 miles this weekend. The ALG was a neat little trick and I was wondering what it looked like in practice. But to be honest if you can't see what is going on outside the windscreen and what the road signs were warning you about for the last 4 miles or so.... well.
It's probably an 'extra selling point' for TT and others, but it's not an essential.
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to say in my above.

Runing v8 software and maps, and the 'old' v7 Loquendo files.
Apart from a bit of map lag and some (but not all) POIs being shown out of position (they weren't before the map upgrade), al my sound alerts are working normally (I know have fingers, legs, arms - everything crossed!)

The only other stutter was this weekend at the start of a route when Kate tried to tell me to turn onto a motorway and travel for 164 miles, whilst at the same time saying that there was no quicker route.
It all came out a bit garbled but I got the message, after that there were no problems.

I have 720 and then did the full updates to get to the latest v8 stuff. I have about 130 different POIs loaded, although there are never more than 4-5 showing at any given time due to their nature - castles, monuments, water splash, pubs!!! etc.

Many thanks to al the posters here mind, I have downloaded the various Navcore and Loq files in case it all goes wrong and I have to copy them across.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 18 of 49

Jump to: