Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Voice problem after 8.3 on 720
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Voice problem after 8.3 on 720
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Froggy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Voice problem after 8.3 on 720 Reply with quote

On a Mac using Safari, right click the link and choose 'download linked file' Very Happy
scotch_whisky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlandEi wrote:
Quote:
7 downloads so far of the TTS7 files I uploaded - anyone got any feedback yet as to if they work for them?

Thank you for making them available Andy...

Well it is good to see that it is working for some folks... but for those still having problems, perhaps this may be worth trying...

After giving the Nav 8.3 update a whirl a few days ago, I dumped it mainly due to my mobile phone continually connecting and disconnecting.. also it left me with very little free Ram, but I am luckily still on an earlier map, so am not actually dependent on this release...

However, I did like the new "pointy" POI symbols, and the reduced height of the menu bar at the bottom of the screen... so I decided to give the X40 Navcore 8.203 software, as discussed in this thread another try... however, still no computer voices... then remembered the X30 Loquendo TTS7 file containing "Kate" that AndyVaughan had made available... I deleted the X40 Loquendo TTS file from the Tom Tom, and copied the X30 one over... success... my phone stays connected, and I have the features that I wanted from the "ill fated" Nav. 8.3 software... and with this setup, I have 20Mb of free Ram with approx 60 POIs enabled and RDS-TMC connected

I wonder if this combination may work with the latest maps on the X20 devices as a stop gap, to allow owners still unable to use Navcore 8.3, to benefit from their new maps untill Tom Tom release the next Navcore version.

Alan

I have just tried the x40 software on my 520 and yes it does work with the new 8.15 map. IQ2 is there and works.
Initially I had problems getting the computer voices to work but version 7 supplied earlier in this thread fixed it. Voice control not working at the moment but I never use it anyway.

Haven't had a chance to see if Kate has got over her stuttering but the new X40 menus look nice!
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

batties wrote:

I have downloaded Kate as above to my PC now what do I have to do to get this on my 720?

Thanks

Use WINRAR to extract the cab file then copy the files across.
batties
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:
batties wrote:

I have downloaded Kate as above to my PC now what do I have to do to get this on my 720?

Thanks

Use WINRAR to extract the cab file then copy the files across.

Layman's terms please! Rolling Eyes - Do I copy these files into the LoquendoTTS folder on my 720? do I need to clear the LoquendoTTS folder first?

Edited files/folders as Andy suggested above Embarassed
TT Home version 2.7.5.2014
iPhone 4S with CameraAlert

Last edited by batties on Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First potential confusion to sort out is the difference between files and folders.... Smile
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you who are using TT Traffic I would not recommend to try the x40 firmware(Edit: On an x20 or x30 that is). After installing it on my 720 Traffic wouldn't work - when trying to connect I got an error message saying that there was an error on the TomTom server. After going back to the 8.300 firmware Traffic worked again so there must be a difference in how the software versions talk to the server. Maybe the combination of a 720 and the x40 firmware makes the TomTom server angry? Confused
It's too bad, because I too liked the icons in the x40 firmware.
Garmin GPSMap 60CSx (SW ver. 3.70)
batties
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
First potential confusion to sort out is the difference between files and folders.... Smile

Oh Andy sorry if I sound frustrated well I am frustrated!!! near to breakdown in fact...Not with anyone on here with b****y TomTom. I get more help on this forum than Tomtom's customers support ever give.

I am at my wits end with Kate cracking up! - need to know how to install files/folders correctly.

Cheers
TT Home version 2.7.5.2014
iPhone 4S with CameraAlert
Mick_1959
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

batties wrote:

Layman's terms please! Rolling Eyes - Do I copy these files into the LoquendoTTS folder on my 720? do I need to clear the LoquendoTTS folder first?

Edited files/folders as Andy suggested above Embarassed

If I may be repeating what you already know, my apologies.

1. First Back up your TomTom using explorer before making any changes.

2. Use a suitable programme to open the RAR files.
downloadable from http://www.rarlab.com/ or http://www.jzip.com/ or http://files.uberdownloads.com/unrar.html

3. Then I deleted the existing LoquendoTTS file from my TomTom

4. Next Icopied over the new LoquendoTTS files onto TomTom

Hope this may help!
GO 920 Dead
Infama
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scotch_whisky wrote:
AlandEi wrote:
Quote:
7 downloads so far of the TTS7 files I uploaded - anyone got any feedback yet as to if they work for them?

Thank you for making them available Andy...

Well it is good to see that it is working for some folks... but for those still having problems, perhaps this may be worth trying...

After giving the Nav 8.3 update a whirl a few days ago, I dumped it mainly due to my mobile phone continually connecting and disconnecting.. also it left me with very little free Ram, but I am luckily still on an earlier map, so am not actually dependent on this release...

However, I did like the new "pointy" POI symbols, and the reduced height of the menu bar at the bottom of the screen... so I decided to give the X40 Navcore 8.203 software, as discussed in this thread another try... however, still no computer voices... then remembered the X30 Loquendo TTS7 file containing "Kate" that AndyVaughan had made available... I deleted the X40 Loquendo TTS file from the Tom Tom, and copied the X30 one over... success... my phone stays connected, and I have the features that I wanted from the "ill fated" Nav. 8.3 software... and with this setup, I have 20Mb of free Ram with approx 60 POIs enabled and RDS-TMC connected

I wonder if this combination may work with the latest maps on the X20 devices as a stop gap, to allow owners still unable to use Navcore 8.3, to benefit from their new maps untill Tom Tom release the next Navcore version.

Alan

I have just tried the x40 software on my 520 and yes it does work with the new 8.15 map. IQ2 is there and works.
Initially I had problems getting the computer voices to work but version 7 supplied earlier in this thread fixed it. Voice control not working at the moment but I never use it anyway.

Haven't had a chance to see if Kate has got over her stuttering but the new X40 menus look nice!

To get voice input to work, select it in your quick menu and voila!

I guess like for me, it is no longer showing up in the main menu.
Infama
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: Voice problem after 8.3 on 720 Reply with quote

Froggy wrote:
On a Mac using Safari, right click the link and choose 'download linked file' Very Happy

Originally, there was no HTML link, just the url in text. Thus when I copy/pasted into the browser, no such option was apparent.

With Firefox, it was possible.

In any case, I cant extract it in Mac. File Juicer demo made a bit of a mess. I will do on PC at work.
Tom59
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

batties wrote:

I am at my wits end with Kate cracking up! - need to know how to install files/folders correctly.

Cheers

Now take a deep breath.......
I am going to wait for a week or so, TomTom MUST sort this nonsense out by then.

TT iPhone app
V 1.23 Map: Western and Central Europe 2 GB V 965.7286

TT iOS Go Mobile
V 1.1 Map: Western Europe 965.7248
scotch_whisky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mick. Now working perfectly.

I just hope that Kate has got over her stutter!
ma1234
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infama wrote:

Voice input to address shows up on mine, Navigate to.. , Address, and the 2 options are there - Spoken address and Spoken address (dialogue)
scotch_whisky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ma1234 wrote:
Infama wrote:

Voice input to address shows up on mine, Navigate to.. , Address, and the 2 options are there - Spoken address and Spoken address (dialogue)

You are quite right. I think I was so dazzled by the new icons that I didn't see them correctly!
mrfreeze
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have gone all day doing deliveries and Kate didn't make one mistake.

720 with v7 TTS, all poi's custom and original switched off.
No traffic or mp3 or anything else other than simple GPS operation.

I'm not saying its fixed as the fault can be intermitent and she did go nearly all day with v6.9.

One quirk i did notice, on my commute to the shop i travel I4 Eastbound every morning, on v6.9 Kate would pronounce the full title of the road, oddly on v7 she says whats in the top corner "I4 EB". Bizzare!

I contacted TT support 2 days ago, they came back with the stock, reload 8.3, do a pin reset and use clear flash mem 3 times. Not admitting to any fault.
Kate v710 UK & ROI v850.2781

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 11 of 49

Jump to: