Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HD Traffic Accessory UK Launch Postponed
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HD Traffic Accessory UK Launch Postponed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Just received an update from TomTom regarding my HD Receiver, I've been told that they are now arranging for a unit to be sent out, I'm awainting further updates and expected ETA.
carl_the_cobbler
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See I would suggest that part of the problem is the last and last but one post, two completely different pictures being painted for 2 different people.

I was told that they weren't sure if it was going to come out as a separate receiver or was just going to use the functionality of a mobile phone!!!

These different stories are bound to lead to rumour, surely the departments must talk to EACH other??

Cheers

Carl
ItsMikeE
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ItsMikeE wrote:
Had a response from Tomtom Support to my query.
"This feature is only available on the x40 series of devices, can you confirm where it stated that you could purchase this as an add-on?"

Following some discussion with TT Support they are now saying
"Currently as of yet we do not have a date when this HD Traffic add-on will be available."
Holdfast
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ItsMikeE wrote:
ItsMikeE wrote:
Had a response from Tomtom Support to my query.
"This feature is only available on the x40 series of devices, can you confirm where it stated that you could purchase this as an add-on?"

Following some discussion with TT Support they are now saying
"Currently as of yet we do not have a date when this HD Traffic add-on will be available."

I received the same reply yesterday

SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpeedCam wrote:
Smile Just received an update from TomTom regarding my HD Receiver, I've been told that they are now arranging for a unit to be sent out, I'm awainting further updates and expected ETA.

Chased my enquiry today asking when I'm likely to receive it, and was I correct in assuming that it is now available in the UK. The response was that the request was now with a different department and once they had confirmed it was avaialble I would be notified. So in other words I'd been promised something that they don't know even exists.....Typical TomTom but no surprises....I'm still waiting and my call has been switched back to 'Research' or 'Hope this problem goes away!!!'
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish you luck, my money is still in the 'it ain't gonna appear this side of Christmas" camp.
leonz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I got from Tomtom:

Quote:
We unfortunately do not have a confirmed released date for the HD Traffic Receivers. I understand that it has been frustrating waiting for the release. We hope to have it released before Christmas but again, I can not confirm this.
GNR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My reply from Tom Tom Sales dept

"In the course of 2008 and 2009 HD Traffic will become available in other countries. But please be aware that the products you buy in the Netherlands only cover the Dutch motorways and secondary “N” roads. HD Ready means that the navigation device you bought (930) is ready for use with the HD Traffic Receiver. To receive HD Traffic you will need to buy an HD Traffic Receiver which will become available in the near future"

I have read with interest every post on this thread, strikes me TT give various answers depending on who you talk to, now a truly professional company would have a standard reply, no matter who you spoke to, I guess they all use CRM software. for god sakes it isn't as if this add on is new on the horizon, surely they have had a while to get there act together on this one.

Everyone talks about the marketing of the new 940 and it would be detrimental to release the dongle for older versions. Are we all forgetting the marketing of the units we have already, and what we were promissed in that marketing.

Thanks BTW for all the info so far guys Wink

Steve
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
I wish you luck, my money is still in the 'it ain't gonna appear this side of Christmas" camp.

I tend to agree with you, having experienced many many TomTom release dates ... NOT ...I don't have much confidence.

It's been a fun excersise, buy TMC v1 argue for 12months+, TMC v2 released, argue for another 6 months to get a free replacement, another 6 months of poor reception and faulty software, a free traffic subscription offered and refused, then a free map upgrade offered and refused and now a free HD Receiver thats not available.... Laughing I think a nice letter to a senior member of the board and I maybe able to get a free upgrade to a a 740......
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I just wish manufacturers would learn to announce new devices etc when they are READY to go and not months in advance or in TomToms case when they are not yet ready for public consumption (RDS-TMC).

RDS-TMC Mk1 should never have been sold, HD Traffic is having major issues at the moment. Nothing damages consumer confidence more than this kind of malarkey.
Holdfast
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Tom Tom trying to tell me something, I have just checked on the web site, they have deleted the Go 930, leaving just the 730 and 530. This is obviously a subtle marketing trick to get us 930 owners to buy a 940, sorry TT you have pushed me too far, I am now off to stand in the corner for an Amsterdam good sulk. Sad

Cfcfan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all who are making a fuss about this.

I am really angry because I was thinking of switching away from TT but bought a 930 in June because of the promise of HD. The website featured a live demonstration of the system working in Netherlands. The product box was so ambiguous that I expected to find the dongle inside. I was disappointed to find I would have to buy it separately and would have to wait until July 07.

I think some of you are too understanding of TT and its delays. I do not think it is reasonable to hold back on the dongle so they can promote the new 940. I would not have bought a 930 if I had known there was a 940 on the way.

Unless the HD comes out quickly I will stick the 930 on e-bay and buy another make. Any recommendations?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cfcfan wrote:
I would not have bought a 930 if I had known there was a 940 on the way.
But if I were to make a prediction that the 950 will replace the 940 does that make you not want to purchase the 940?

TomTom and all other companies in the market place will keep updating and evolving new devices, the 930 is a very credible piece of kit and when the HD system is released to work with it you will have your solution, the big question though is when?? - Mike
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm normally a person that goes out and buys the latest gadget, but I'd suggest hanging onto your 930. For users that have x20 & x30 devices I cannot see what justifies £400. For your money you will only be getting the new HD & LIve services all other functionallity is available on the older units.

Darren, I appreciate that you are under NDA but I find your comment 'HD Traffic is having major issues at the moment.' very interesting. Does this mean that not only is the HD Receiver having issues but also the new X40 units, this is what some new x40 users seem to be implying. If so yet another TomTom product that has been released too early and without full testing?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpeedCam wrote:
Darren, I appreciate that you are under NDA but I find your comment 'HD Traffic is having major issues at the moment.' very interesting. Does this mean that not only is the HD Receiver having issues but also the new X40 units, this is what some new x40 users seem to be implying.

Perhaps I over egged the pudding there, apols. I was referring to the frequent and as yet unexplained outages to x40 HD Traffic. I've had two today. The camera data too appears to have some issues but as we have a conflict of interest in that area I think it fairest not to dwell on that.

TomTom have made no announcement to explain these outages, it may well just be a temporary glitch but it's basic stuff to keep your customers informed. I've suggested they employ a Service Status page as most ISPs do which may reduce the level of calls I'll bet they are getting.

Given TomTom would wish these customers to continue as subscribers they will need to resolve these issues and quickly.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: