Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navcore 8.2 available for download from TomTom
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navcore 8.2 available for download from TomTom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wazza_G
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if x20 users don't have the ability to use the enhanced features that comes with the x40 units, because of hardware differences, doesn't that negate the point of installing Navicore 8,2 update in the first place?
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wazza_G wrote:
So if x20 users don't have the ability to use the enhanced features that comes with the x40 units, because of hardware differences, doesn't that negate the point of installing Navicore 8,2 update in the first place?

The user interface is redesigned in Navcore 8.2 SW and there are some minor feature improvements that you can use without the x40 hardware. So, why not install it when you have the chance? Smile
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icons are nicer, smoother, switching on when off (!) appears fixed (mine hasn't done it yet) so although minor improvements, they do make it a nicer machine!
Again, what have you to lose - it isn't going to self destuct!!
Doug
carl_the_cobbler
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Computer voices don't work, but I have decided to leave it on for now, one of the better things is that the bar along the bottom has been removed, moving the directions, satellite strength etc. down a little, the next road is now in the top right hand corner, and "feels" better. So even though the Computer Voices do not and will not work I am leaving it on (for now anyway).
madou
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems just to work on my 720 ... not super brave, but will leave it on for now, I like the icons, and the interface seems responsive
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uffe73 wrote:
Wazza_G wrote:
...also the question is how long will it be before TT block it?

The situation now is different since the x40 devices have a new hardware. Even though we (i.e x20/x30 users) are able to download and install the latest software we will not have the possibility of reaching the same feature level as the x40 since we have no HD receiver integrated. In addition we don't have he maps with the IQ Routes v2 data included so we can not make full use of the Navecore 8.2 SW.

/Ulf

I tend to disagree we are not far away from reaching the same feature level. I have all the 8.2 functionallity happily working on my 720 this includes the new menus, voice command & TMC Traffic, only the Live services are missing. Even though the x40 looks different it is basically a x20/30 with a built in HD Traffic receiver. What this thread is proving is that theres no reason why TomTom should not officially release the update for x20/30 users, with the HD Receiver (another thread is already discussing this ) and incentive to buy subscriptions & new maps.

I have a friend who has been on the beta for the x40 and I compared all the version numbers of my modded x20 with his 540 all were identical except the map, surprisingly my map was one digit higher than his
Rick-uk
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carl_the_cobbler wrote:
My Computer voices don't work, but I have decided to leave it on for now, one of the better things is that the bar along the bottom has been removed, moving the directions, satellite strength etc. down a little, the next road is now in the top right hand corner, and "feels" better. So even though the Computer Voices do not and will not work I am leaving it on (for now anyway).

I am in the same position

I even copied back the LoquendoTTS folder from my latest backup but still no Kate
carl_the_cobbler
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does TomTom Plus work?
andygrove
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Voices also don't work. Can get them to sound when hitting the "Test" button, but no actual direction instructions at all.

Anyone found a way round this yet?
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carl_the_cobbler wrote:
Does TomTom Plus work?

I can't get Traffic or any other PLUS-service to work at the moment. Will give TomTom support a call during the day. Don'think it's related to Navcore 8.2.
cazmar
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: voices Reply with quote

Hi all.I still have the same problem of no voices upon install of the x40 no matter what I try ( see previous posts ). Even though I would love to have it as I think that it is far nicer looking.....I am resigned to waiting to see if Tomtom will make it available. Breath holding is not an option.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said earlier in this thread - if all you want is the nice new looking icons run a custom menu on the device configured to use the new icons, this is possible using anythin from version 5,2 all the other stuff from the x40 range won't work on the x20/ x30 with software installed as you don't have the correct map or access to the Live server - Mike
cazmar
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: custom menu Reply with quote

Hi Mike. Please can you let me know where I can get a custom menu from, I used to have the link but have lost it when my computer crashed.Thank-you.Mark.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A custom menu using custom icons is a little more involved than what you can do with the likes of the scux menu builder, you need to put bmp files into a specific folder of each of the icons.
I will detail how this is done later today, its not difficult and can be achieved using the Paint and NotePad applications on the PC - Mike
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uffe73 wrote:
carl_the_cobbler wrote:
Does TomTom Plus work?

I can't get Traffic or any other PLUS-service to work at the moment. Will give TomTom support a call during the day. Don'think it's related to Navcore 8.2.

I just spoke to TomTom support and they informed me that there are currently problems with the servers providing the Traffic data. I was told that the service will be up'n running beginning of next week.
Garmin GPSMap 60CSx (SW ver. 3.70)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: