Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - REVIEWED: Otterbox iPhone 3G Case
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

REVIEWED: Otterbox iPhone 3G Case

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: REVIEWED: Otterbox iPhone 3G Case Reply with quote

pocketgpsworld.comWe have reviewed many Otterbox products here at PocketGPSWorld. Otterbox's reputation for no-nonsense protective cases that are tough, waterproof and built to last has been confirmed each and every time.

With the receipt of a shiny new iPhone 3G I began the search for a protective case. Although the GPS aspect of the iPhone has yet to be fully taken advantage of I still needed something that would keep it safe from my clumsy hands. Although I had looked at Otterbox's offering I will admit that at first I wasn't keen. The iPhone is a design classic and it seemed criminal to smother it in the Otterbox case and hide all its best assets!

However I'm pleased to say that I was wrong and Otterbox have designed yet another case that does exactly what it is designed to do, protect your device. And it does it very well whilst retaining access to all the ports, indeed it actually makes the iPhone more comfortable to hold and the holster has other benefits.

Read our full review here.

Last edited by Darren on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm awaiting UK pricing and will update the published review once received.
3GGG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got one of these, I like it a lot.

I removed the gauze that covered the mic/ear/speaker ports as they muffled the sound a bit. I don't really need that much protection, but it was a nice idea.

I may also remove the plastic that covers the camera lens as it is not coated and causes a bit of glare. [Removed now]

The 3GS screen is difficult to grease enough by palm because of the new coating it has to repel grease!

Edit: I have now removed the plastic screen covering - I much prefer to touch the glass than some plastic covering. It also is easier to keep the glass clean on the 3GS and the glare is less without the plastic.

I am not so keen on the hard plastic holster, it is a bit too plasticky, a nice leather holster would have been better.

All in all a nice product that appears to give good protection and is quite practical with all ports and controls accessible.

The main reason for changing my case was that my previous O2 leather flip top case had magnets in it to hold the flap down and that upset the compass. Mad
3GGG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One tiny problem with the Otter Box Defender case: I cannot get the Apple Av lead plugged in, it is too big to go through the slot in the bottom of the case. The normal Apple charging lead fits fine.
bienhoa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: OtterBox Iphone 3G Defender Review Reply with quote

Just wanted to comment on the inital review. Thanks for the heads up on placement of the Iphone in the holder. I actually had it turned around facing out and had it slip out on me twice in a short time span. Now its as snug as a bug in a rug. Also the palm against the screen to remove the bubbles. I have yet to try it but once I finish here I will. Oh! By the way thanks to the OtterBox Defender my Iphone was undamaged from the drop to concrete. Expensive! Yes, but well worth it.
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had mine for a while now. I have to take the phone out to put it in the docking station or in the Tomtom windscreen holder. After a few uses the sleeve has split at 45 degrees from the bottom right hand corner of the screen hole. The split is working its way further around to the back. I think that soon I will have to get a new holder before the phone falls out of the sleeve one day.
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact Otterbox and discuss the issue with them. They have a reputation for excellent support and it's justly deserved.

See what they have to say about the problem first?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: