Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Holox BT541 or Holux M1200
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Holox BT541 or Holux M1200

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BTTF123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Holox BT541 or Holux M1200 Reply with quote

I am looking at two BT GPS recievers:

Holox BT541:
Claims to have 54 channel all in view (i know max is always 12 in reality) AGPS satellite data via bluetooth
Standard battery (Nokia look-a-like) that is easily replaced

Holux M1200:
51 channel all in view.
Extremely small (which I like... but i heard bigger GPS ceramic attenna is better?)

I wonder which to go for? I am getting this for my Palm, and for my N95 8GB (since the current symbian TomTom software still doesn't support the internal GPS). I would like it to be small like the Holux to act as an accessory of my keyring which I carry daily, but the AGPS function of the BT541 is tempting as I know the data makes a huge difference in initial locking (especially when I am inside a building or changed location massively after a long flight across the ocean)

Which should I go for?? Or any users of the above 2 have comments regarding connectivity, reliability, cost, price.... etc??

I especially want to find out if the Holux M1200 could perform the same in poor situation, and getting a good lock compared with the Holox BT541 (with fresh AGPS data).

Many Thanks!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holux are a very well established company with a good track record of producing quality receivers, Holox are a company who named themselves after Holux possibly trying to cash in on the name.
I know which I would purchase out of the two - Holux all the way - Mike
NitroFan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I dealt with Holox NOT Holux (who's kit is brilliant) once and once only! The unit I got sent did not work and I had a hard time contacting the "distributor" who really did not want to know about my problem and who deliberatly made themselves VERY difficult to contact by phone and I had to deal with a part time lady on email only!

I returned the unit but it apparently "went misssing" in the post, I had neglected to send it registered post, but I would never deal with HOLOX again especialy as I thought I was dealing with Holux anayway.

Buy Holux you will not regret it I just had mine stolen so i am seeking advice on which new Holux unit to replace it with.[/b]
laimtoh5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need a replacement for my Holux GPSlim 236, do they make a newer one that works well with an N95 (or any N series Nokia phone) and has a slider switch which allows the use of continuous charging without battey, so I can keep it in the boot on permanent charge?

The GPS 239 lighter socket model looks ideal, has anyone tried it with an N series phone?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: